Habits you've developed when you visit the parks

danyoung56

I did that walk last time. I'll have to do it again.

For the first few minutes you're a fish going upstream as you dodge all the people exiting. But about by Japan a wonderful thing happens - the crowds diminish, and it's like you've got Epcot to yourself! And you don't have to fight other cars as you exit the parking lot!!!

epcotisbest

Along with excessive drinking I assume :hungover:
We have had a long-running joke about that, but actually I do not drink at all. Can't even stand the smell of it. My wife and I even avoid the food and wine festival because I have a low tolerance for drunken, boorish behavior and we were seeing it way too often. I do mention it in my trip report from a couple of years ago. No harm though as I can take a joke.

JIMINYCR

Always have to have a pin in my hand and make the first pin trade of the trip upon checking in
Always do MK first and last day and always go to Splash for the first and last rides of the trip
Always thank Walt for WDW upon taking the first step onto Main Street
MK & EP.. go left
First snack... a Dole Whip
Always stay to watch the goodnight Castle kiss
AK & DHS ... go right
Always plan to do something new and different ... tour, new menu item, activity, etc.
Always watch the Electrical Water Pageant one night from the Contemp dock
Always take home a Christmas ornament
Always buy something and have it shipped home so I'll get something in the mail from my trip after I've returned
Always toss a coin into Cinderella's Wishing Well on the last day to wish for a return trip

ALWAYS wish I had more days and swear one day I'm going to stay for a month straight.

Minnesota disney fan

mmmm, let's see: We always go to the MK first, after our flight gets into WDW about noon:) We stay til we can't move anymore!!! Always ride HM and Buzz. The first official full day at WDW, we always go to the MK. We go to adventureland first, as it is not crowded because everyone else is going to 7dmt! Our last day is always MK too. We just have to visit one more time and do all our favorite attractions again, before saying goodbye til next year:)
thanks, mergatroid, for this thought provoking post:)

Chernaboggles

-We always ride the Peoplemover first at Magic Kingdom.
-At night in the parks if we buy a soda or treat of some kind, we pick one we both like and then share it. Somehow it feels more like a date. :)
-When leaving the TTC, we take bets on the number of people who will be on the wrong parking tram at the end of the night.
-During the appropriate moment in "Wishes", Mr. Chernaboggles hugs me and sings "SQUISHES!". (A variation of this happens at home when we are doing the diiishes! or preparing salmon, because fiiishes!, because we are ridiculous even when NOT at Disney World.)

rubydoo2

For us, our flight from the UK usually lands around 6pm, so we generally make it to the resort late evening. Drop the bags, and head straight to the Magic Kingdom... always have to walk down Main Street, then go to TomorrowLand and get an ice cream from Aunt Gravity's. I cannot get enough of the soft serve ice cream! We tend to just keep it chilled out as it's our first night, walk around and get on some of the smaller rides and enjoy being back in the Disney bubble :)

epcotisbest

-We always ride the Peoplemover first at Magic Kingdom.
-At night in the parks if we buy a soda or treat of some kind, we pick one we both like and then share it. Somehow it feels more like a date. :)
-When leaving the TTC, we take bets on the number of people who will be on the wrong parking tram at the end of the night.
-During the appropriate moment in "Wishes", Mr. Chernaboggles hugs me and sings "SQUISHES!". (A variation of this happens at home when we are doing the diiishes! or preparing salmon, because fiiishes!, because we are ridiculous even when NOT at Disney World.)
Noting wrong with being ridiculous. We drove three hours one way Saturday because we had a craving for fried apple pies from the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge. We packed a picnic, loaded up the dogs and hit the road. Made a full day out of it. The most ridiculous part is I can't even have them because of diabetes. I had a bite of a regular one and devoured the sugar free one I could eat. Now mind you it is nothing like the real thing, but edible anyway.

Chernaboggles

Noting wrong with being ridiculous. We drove three hours one way Saturday because we had a craving for fried apple pies from the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge. We packed a picnic, loaded up the dogs and hit the road. Made a full day out of it. The most ridiculous part is I can't even have them because of diabetes. I had a bite of a regular one and devoured the sugar free one I could eat. Now mind you it is nothing like the real thing, but edible anyway.

That sounds delightful! We, too, are fond of the spontaneous road trip with dog and picnic.

stargrl33

At least you are within driving distance of Pigeon Forge! It's about fourteen hours for us, but we might make the trip next year.

KCheatle

(1) Arrival day is always a pool day. (We tried going to the parks on arrival day one year, and it just felt "off" - like we were so excited, and everyone already in the parks was exhausted from the day. Kinda bummed us out. So, ever since then, we've made it a point to avoid the parks on day 1 so that we go in the next morning excited with all of the other fresh-faced and excited people!)
(2) First "park" day is always MK, and we have to arrive for the Opening Ceremony (cry every time)
(3) On MK day 1 , we always got to Fantasyland first and work towards Frontierland
(4) Epcot always day 2, and we start with Soarin'
(5) Always have to see The American Adventure (cry every time -"Americaaaaa Spread your Golden Wings" - how do you not cry??)
(6) Always have to eat at Canada and get the Maple Creme Brulee (yum....)

That's about it as far as "always". We tend to make every trip a bit different - different restaurants, different rides, etc. There's just so much to try that we do our best to venture out and try new things each time.

KCheatle

I'm glad that works for you. For me it would just about KILL me to actually be in Orlando and not to go to the parks as soon as possible!!!

Yeah...it's not easy. But, typically we don't get there until 2-3pm, and we had to be up around 4:30 am to catch our flights. So, in addition to the bummer of sweaty, exhausted people at the parks, in reality we're pretty exhausted and are just running off adrenaline at that point anyway. So we thought it best all around if we just "chilled out" the first day, and then we weren't already exhausted on day 1.

Cmdr_Crimson

I always start my trip at Epcot (Priority). Then it's straight to SSE then to JII, After which I wind down and stop at MY quiet relaxing (And hopefully removed) D-Zone aka Innoventions West Hallway and listen to my loop....Then I take a stroll to UoE get a ride on all 3 rides on the East side, Then straight to Electric Umbrella for Lunch, Which then I start making my decent to The Land & Seas...Then end it in World Showcase...A Boat ride here, a Spray of Geir Ness for refreshness (Even tho I own the cologne it smells so dang good), a circle-vision, an Ain't America Great show, A meandering through the Anime Paraphanalia in Mitsukoshi, and then straight to Canada for a Breather with Martin Short, And during my first day then try to get as much atmospheric videos of the park while traversing the 300 acres...

The Rest of my trip I GO RENEGADE! No questions asked no mercy Shown....In other words......Whatever I feel like doing I'll do it....

My last day......Pretty much what is shown above..With the exception of the time frame to get back to the Hotel and hop to th DME...Most of the time I've done this I always end it at UoE without one extra ride to get on to..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom