Habits you've developed when you visit the parks

mergatroid

Original Poster
Those little things you always do when you visit, either intentionally for a reason or unintentionally.

Ours are

# Always enter the MK from the left hand side entrance, even if using the ferry.
# If arriving for MK opening we always go to Tomorrowland first, no exceptions
# When doing a 'full day' at Epcot, we always eat in the China pavilion .
# First day of our trip we always do The Studios, easiest park to get in and out of.
# Mrs Merg always buys me a box of 6 pieces of fudge from The Candy Cauldron
# On every attraction we do together, I always get on first and then offer my hand to Mrs Merg to assist her boarding

JohnD

Flame Tree BBQ for lunch in AK (but that was before opening of Harembe Market. May have to change that habit next time.)
PB&J shake in DHS either from sit down at 50s Prime Time or get it go.
On one day in Epcot, go to Soarin, LWtL, and Seas in that order.
Always have to ride HM at least once in MK.

epcotisbest

We slow down and take it easy. It used to be we rushed to try to do as much as possible, but one magical day many years ago it occurred to us a slower pace might be worth trying. It changed the way we visit WDW forever. We now enjoy it so much more. We enjoy the resort pool, the scenery, architecture, landscaping, hidden Mickeys, shows, street performers, boat rides, resort hopping, little out of the way places and so much more. Oh yeah, and Dole Whips.

danyoung56

First night and last night of a trip are always in Epcot, finishing off with martinis from the Rose & Crown, IllumiNations, and a walk from Canada counter clockwise, letting the crowd die down before exiting.

I always get the ribs from the Flame Tree BBQ on DAK day.

And I'm also intrigued by the boxing thing. Do you mean that you and your dad fake like you're boxing on every attraction? Nothing wrong with this, but I've never heard of anyone doing this before.

JohnD

First night and last night of a trip are always in Epcot, finishing off with martinis from the Rose & Crown, IllumiNations, and a walk from Canada counter clockwise, letting the crowd die down before exiting.

I always get the ribs from the Flame Tree BBQ on DAK day.

And I'm also intrigued by the boxing thing. Do you mean that you and your dad fake like you're boxing on every attraction? Nothing wrong with this, but I've never heard of anyone doing this before.

I did that walk last time. I'll have to do it again.

Mickey5150

I always go to Epcot on the day I arrive. However, even though I stay at All-Star Sports, I get to Epcot by boat. Take the bus to HS then onto the boat, hopefully in the back, and then it's my cruise to the International Gateway and the greatest park on Earth. I also need to eat dinner at Columbia Harbour House, need my fried shrimp and clam chowder. Finally on the last day of every vacation it's the Samoan, a side of bacon, French press Kona coffee and lilokoi juice at the Kona Cafe. 25 more days, mmmm

Rinx

• Always close MK on first night including dinner at Cosmic Ray's.
  • Alternate seating arrangements on Space Mountain.
  • Golf at Lake Buena Vista on "transition day" when we move to OKW.
  • I always sit on the left of certain attractions like Splash, Haunted, TSMM, etc. (even when solo).
  • Kali is the last attraction we hit at DAK before heading out.

mergatroid

Original Poster
We slow down and take it easy. It used to be we rushed to try to do as much as possible, but one magical day many years ago it occurred to us a slower pace might be worth trying. It changed the way we visit WDW forever. We now enjoy it so much more. We enjoy the resort pool, the scenery, architecture, landscaping, hidden Mickeys, shows, street performers, boat rides, resort hopping, little out of the way places and so much more. Oh yeah, and Dole Whips.

Along with excessive drinking I assume :hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom