Habit Heroes Closed

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That blows! I did Habit Heroes with a few of my teenage buddies one time.. We goofed around and had a LOT of fun with it. Still, we were the only people in innoventions, outside of people waiting for Sum of all thrills.

Honestly, they should probably just close innoventions as a whole, and make the entire building themed to SUM of all thrills as its own attraction. With more robot arms, and an entire queue area. The only reason why lines aren't strikingly long for it is because hardly anyone knows it exists. Open it as its own attraction in Epcot, and it'll be known as Epcot's official 3rd open thrill ride in the park currently.

I'm just saying. It would work. Who doesn't want to design their own coaster?

wdwfan4ver

I can't say I am shocked. Innoventions was great for a time, but it has been a problem spot for years. I blame that on the Disney Company since Innoventions was designed for showing the latest technology in terms of displays. I think Imagination, and Innoventions need be to the first two things worked on for Fixing Future World.

What needs to be do with Innoventions is one out of three things.

1.) Use the buildings for creating 2 new attractions.
2.) Create a New Pavilion
3.) Use the buildings for creating a Epcot version of the Consumer Electronic Show.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I'm just saying. It would work. Who doesn't want to design their own coaster?

Well, we still have dated tech designing a coaster with Bill Nye The Coaster Guy on CyberSpace Mountain at Disneyquest.
cyberspacemountain.jpg

wdwgreek

As to Memory it's the Elaine Page version for the win. With Susan Boyle's version a REALLY close second.

Oh amen! I agree, Babes Streisand is great, but its like how Carol Channing will always be the number 1 dolly, while Streisand is number 2. Elaine Page has this great charm to her in everything she does. I saw her in Follies a few years back, she was fantastic.

havoc315

Innoventions was such a big part of Epcot, it is sad to see it reduced to almost nothing.
I recall the Vision House, Future House, or whatever it was called... fondly as a kid, and even fondly as an adult about 15 years ago, seeing things like the flat TVs of the future!

Among other problems of EPCOT, one big problem is that the park has become a hodgepodge without any coherent theme. It was never the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, but it was at least a showcase of future technologies on one side, and exploration of the global community on the other side.
Now... World Showcase only kinda serves its function... it's become so outdated with its focus almost entirely on Europe and North America. (Other than Morocco, no Middle Eastern or African representation. No South American representation.)

Far worse, is what has become of Future World. Nothing added since Mission Space can claim to have anything to do with that theme. Soarin is a great attraction, but it has nothing to do with the "Future." The Seas with Nemos could be a dark ride that would just as easily fit in Magic Kingdom or DHS or even Animal Kingdom. Test Track is a fun thrill ride, but also just an ad for Chevrolet.
Innoventions has essentially been replaced by character meet and greets.

Maybe a few years from now, after Star Wars land and Pandora, EPCOT will get a major refresh.

ItlngrlBella

Innoventions is dying a slow death and I'm guessing they are phasing it out or revamping it when they have to do a big reinvestment to zhuzz up the park.

I'd love to see an exhibit showcasing the best of the best from the most recent CES.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Innoventions is dying a slow death and I'm guessing they are phasing it out or revamping it when they have to do a big reinvestment to zhuzz up the park.

I'd love to see an exhibit showcasing the best of the best from the most recent CES.
The problem with a CES type showcase is that it relies on the tech companies paying Disney for the privilege. They don't want to do that, and can reach a bigger audience for less money by using the internet.

The days of exhibits by commercial companies at Epcot are over in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom