Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Curious Constance

Don't tell Curious Constance, but I still haven't seen GOTG yet. :D

To answer your question I wouldn't be surprised if it's an original storyline, similar to the premise that Star Tours is a post Return of The Jedi intergalactic travel service.

upload_2017-1-9_9-19-18.png

Earl Sweatpants

I have no issues w/ GOTG itself. Easily one of, if not my favorite, Marvel movies. It's an all-around slamdunk in my book. Just rewatched it on TV again the other night and it somehow managed to get better since I last saw it, which usually is not the case with those types of movies for me. I'm sure I'll love the ride and, honestly, am glad we get to have a unique Tower ride all to ourselves out here with hopefully all kinds of amazing, much-needed upgrades. I just hate where it's placed and what it looks like from the outside (at least without seeing it in person). I suspect what happens inside is going to be a ton of fun though w/ potential for much more re-rides!
.....But have you played Blood Dragon???

Earl Sweatpants

Haha I'm not sure what the intent of your question is, but I have indeed played Blood Dragon! It's stupid fun for what it is.
Oh haha. I was merely replying to your earlier response to my statement about the game being better than GOTG. I couldn't gather from your reaction whether you had actually played the game or not.

dweezil78

Oh haha. I was merely replying to your earlier response to my statement about the game being better than GOTG. I couldn't gather from your reaction whether you had actually played the game or not.

Aha gotcha. Once we're I'm one reply removed from the conversation, I tend to forget everything else that had been said up until that point! :p Game is great, but I really love GOTG. Both fall into that category of stupid fun though!! I feel like GOTG could have the same longevity as a franchise like Star Wars though. I feel like there's a lot of depth and mythology to be explored in the series, way moreso than most of the other Marvel properties.

Earl Sweatpants

Aha gotcha. Once we're I'm one reply removed from the conversation, I tend to forget everything else that had been said up until that point! :p Game is great, but I really love GOTG. Both fall into that category of stupid fun though!! I feel like GOTG could have the same longevity as a franchise like Star Wars though. I feel like there's a lot of depth and mythology to be explored in the series, way moreso than most of the other Marvel properties.
I almost hesitate replying to something pages behind the current post for that very reason. But I do agree with your earlier post about not having anything against GOTG per say...just the placement and look over what they're creating.

D

Deleted member 107043

Tonight you will be visited by three spirits.

The first will chain you to your couch.

The second will pop Guardians of the Galaxy in your DVD player.

And the third will make you some popcorn and cocktails to enjoy while watching the movie.

Which one is making cocktails?

mickEblu

Gotta love Disney fan sites. How can something that never had an official opening date be delayed?

Well if we trust the insiders, they said Disney wanted the opening date to be in May when GOTG 2 is released. Makes sense. However, Even if it opens up later in the summer, they still get the synergy they re looking for. Maybe not with the same bang but close.That got me thinking, has their ever been a movie and a ride tied to that IP released on the same day or even same summer/ season?

Antaundra

Well if we trust the insiders, they said Disney wanted the opening date to be in May when GOTG 2 is released. Makes sense. However, Even if it opens up later in the summer, they still get the synergy they re looking for. Maybe not with the same bang but close.That got me thinking, has their ever been a movie and a ride tied to that IP released on the same day or even same summer/ season?

I think Tarzan's Treehouse opened the same weekend as the movie.

D

Deleted member 107043

Because it was announced to be opening as the movie premiered in May.

OK, fine, but that still isn't an official opening date, as in my birthdate is January 13, 2017. Unless I've missed something all they've announced so far is a vague "Summer 2017" for the opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom