News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

AJFoster

Also in a similar situation!

I just signed up for D23 yesterday - however my status on the website still says 'General' member. Any idea when this changes to reflect 'Gold' member status? All I've received so far is a confirmation email, however this doesn't include the membership number either. Do you happen to know where we can find that?

Thanks for any inputs on your experience so far!

Hey, you should be all good to go! The icon at the top of the page changed to Gold after about 24 hours or so. But when I clicked on my accounts setting page, it said "Gold" instantly after purchase. And when I tried to purchase some other Gold events, it let me do so straight away. And as the poster said, your ID number (in your profile page) is your membership number. Good luck on Tuesday!

Communicora

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply!

I believe so - I can see it in my order history. However the page still says I'm a general member and still gives me the option to upgrade to Gold. Strange!

Perhaps it's because I used a non-US card to pay (although this seemed to work fine)? For other users who signed up from the UK - how did you do that and did it go through successfully?

Thanks!
Try clearing the cache in your web browser or logging in and viewing that page on a different device. Disney might have some weird caching on that page. I know, I know they are tech geniuses 😉 but it is worth a try

OwlyKnees

Hey, you should be all good to go! The icon at the top of the page changed to Gold after about 24 hours or so. But when I clicked on my accounts setting page, it said "Gold" instantly after purchase. And when I tried to purchase some other Gold events, it let me do so straight away. And as the poster said, your ID number (in your profile page) is your membership number. Good luck on Tuesday!
Thank you!

Doesn’t appear to have worked for me however :(

Were you able to pay with a UK card? When I try to upgrade to Gold again it allows me to select the billing address as the UK, however it then says it requires a ‘State’. However the ‘State’ drop down selection for the UK is empty and doesn’t allow you to type in any details.

Kind of stuck now. Super strange! I’ll try some of the other tips listed here, but just wondering how to sign up without a US billing card (I have a US address, so that’s fine).

Thanks again anyway!

AJFoster

Thank you!

Doesn’t appear to have worked for me however :(

Were you able to pay with a UK card? When I try to upgrade to Gold again it allows me to select the billing address as the UK, however it then says it requires a ‘State’. However the ‘State’ drop down selection for the UK is empty and doesn’t allow you to type in any details.

Kind of stuck now. Super strange! I’ll try some of the other tips listed here, but just wondering how to sign up without a US billing card (I have a US address, so that’s fine).

Thanks again anyway!
I had the EXACT same issue with the empty "state" drop down. It's so annoying.... But I got through it. That D23 website isn't the smoothest...It took me and hour to work through. I used a UK card and UK address and it all went through ok. I was trying on my laptop for ages, and it just wouldn't let me get past, so then I just switch to my iPhone safari browser instead to purchase Gold, and it worked (I think it still took two attempts though). I also selected the address that it pre-fills for you as you start typing (not sure if that makes a difference).
So yeah my advice, is try on a different device/browser.
Good luck!

yeti

Disney Park Pass availability suggests possible dates for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' Annual Passholder previews​

Park Passes are still available to the general public on those dates, it's just AP holders who are blocked out.

tommyhawkins

Weirdly May 23rd is sold out of park reservations for ticket holders and resort guests.
I wouldn't put too much time on the theory that Park passes = previews, as you dont need a park res to get into the park for preview, it might indicate the spaces Disney would have ring fenced for previews are pushing the park on these days to be "sold out" or they could just be really busy anyway. Theres a lot of international people, myself included, visiting after Easter. So they might have needed to reduce the AP reservations to accomodate the ticketed guests

Attachments

• RatRideAPs.png
    RatRideAPs.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 69

Scubacat

I wouldn't put too much time on the theory that Park passes = previews, as you dont need a park res to get into the park for preview, it might indicate the spaces Disney would have ring fenced for previews are pushing the park on these days to be "sold out" or they could just be really busy anyway. Theres a lot of international people, myself included, visiting after Easter. So they might have needed to reduce the AP reservations to accomodate the ticketed guests
Yes, you do. For Remy, they added an Epcot park pass to your profile a few days prior if you were booked for the AP preview, so it makes perfect sense to hold them back for this purpose.

tommyhawkins

Yes, you do. For Remy, they added an Epcot park pass to your profile a few days prior if you were booked for the AP preview, so it makes perfect sense to hold them back for this purpose.
You do actually, what?

You've literally just repeated what I said, that your AP preview booking gets you into the park

etc98

You do actually, what?

You've literally just repeated what I said, that your AP preview booking gets you into the park
Right, so the lack of available reservations on those days could mean Disney is holding reservations for the previews, so there are fewer reservations available to the general public on those days, so they went quicker than normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom