News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Animaniac93-98

Mission: Space is the one EPCOT pavilion that is better now than it was when it opened. Having two distinct missions and the restaurant makes it feel more like a complete experience that's worth visiting more than once. I also appreciate that it is the spiritual successor to all the Disney trips to space that came before it (Flight to the Moon, Mission to Mars etc).

Having said that, it's still a weaker pavilion than it could be. Ideally, the "ride" would be like the Sea Cabs or Hydrolators, leading to a more extensive opportunity to learn about the red planet where we feel like we're actually there. As is, there isn't much to see in the queue and when you get off it's equally unimpressive. Its always been a "...that's, it?" kind of moment.

And as far as simulator rides, it's neither as fun as Star Tours nor as visually compelling as Soarin'. It has one major gimmick, and starts the ride with it, leaving the rest to feel a bit underwhelming. Again, the idea is stronger than the execution.

It's also unfortunate to have it in the same park with Soarin'. Green feels somewhat repetitive and less interesting because while the view is different, you don't get the variety of scenery that Soarin' has, nor the time to soak it in.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They don't have to take it to 11, maybe just 5.5 Gs which is what Shatner experienced compared to 2.5 at Epcot. I already get headaches, this at least would be worth it.
Oops, my bad: I read too quickly and thought you were making a reference to the Green mission. That one gives me a headache every time the ship -- which is in orbit -- makes hard right and left turns. Now *that* should pull over 10 Gs. When did we develop UFO technology?

But then again, this is the edutainment park that has us hang-gliding... around the world. (And treats the onboarding like it was a commercial flight.)

I like the Orange mission. But I dare not go on it if I don't currently have a clear head and settled stomach.

SplashJacket

I like the Orange mission. But I dare not go on it if I don't currently have a clear head and settled stomach.
I always try to go on it after eating. I like think of it as hard mode

Also, if your nose is ever stuffed, I highly recommend riding it. The continuous Gs will create a bewildering sensation of the snot getting pushed down your throat from your nostrils.

Mickeynerd17

I always try to go on it after eating. I like think of it as hard mode

Also, if your nose is ever stuffed, I highly recommend riding it. The continuous Gs will create a bewildering sensation of the snot getting pushed down your throat from your nostrils.
Man, sounds really fun! I should try it sometime... 😆

Now, if you want a real experience, ride Rock'n Rollercoaster while feeling sick. It's an interesting experience.

I wonder what Cosmic Rewind will be like while feeling sick, especially with all the spinning...

SplashJacket

Now, if you want a real experience, ride Rock'n Rollercoaster while feeling sick. It's an interesting experience.

I wonder what Cosmic Rewind will be like while feeling sick, especially with all the spinning...
I need to disclaim, I am not advising people to go to Disney sick, especially during a pandemic, but I do feel like it should be on everyone's bucket list. It's an extraordinarily effective decongestant. Zach needs to put that in his next post!

UNCgolf

No different than the Seas.

Never understood that one either. The Seas is worse; you forget the restaurant is even there. In it's case, it's better that you do.

I think it was understandable in the original incarnation of the Seas. Having a fancy restaurant in the middle of a relatively industrial underwater base wouldn't make thematic sense. It would have broken the illusion the pavilion maintained.

After all the changes, though, it does feel strange. Now it's just kind of appended to the side of the building for no real reason.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

After marathoning one of these with DD when she was 7, I'd probably fare well, the guys didn't bother to have us unload after the 5th time around. I tapped out after 9 though. ztn_grav2.jpg

Patcheslee

The operator spins around in there during every ride, which seems like a pretty annoying job.
I didn't think center feels much, similar to merry-go-rounds on a playground. Use to watch them as a kid myself get up and hang their legs out when the ride wasn't full.

No Name

I didn't think center feels much, similar to merry-go-rounds on a playground. Use to watch them as a kid myself get up and hang their legs out when the ride wasn't full.
Yeah it certainly doesn’t feel nearly as much as the outside, but I still think it would get annoying. Granted I’ve never operated one myself, maybe it’s really nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom