Grocery delivery question

kshiban

Hi, all! We are staying at the poly. We want to order groceries through Amazon pantry to be delivered the day we arrive. I have never stayed on property before, so not quite sure how it works. I am assuming I won't know our room number in advance. Will it just get delivered to front desk and they will let us know our groceries have arrived? Thanks for any info!

DisneyDreamer08

We stayed at Sports in September and ordered snacks and baby items through Walmart and Target. When we checked in, we were told the resorts no longer have the space to store packages. All packages are sent to an off site location and are attempted to be located when you check in. If you have the tracking number, that helps speed up the process. We checked in at noon time and by midnight had about 75% of our stuff. The rest was located the next day while we were out in the parks. We asked for a rush delivery as we needed our baby items (diapers & formula) but we were told the process can actually take a few days.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Maybe use the local delivery service Garden Grocer instead. They are wonderful and they hold your order at bell services if it arrives before you the day and time you designate for it to be delivered. Plus you will possibly avoid the $5 fee (have been told grocery deliveries being they are not packages is not included with the new fee but even if it is GG is better in our opinion) for packages now and it being possibly stored offsite. Garden Grocer has all cold items as well and bell services has a cooler to store such items in. GG also has all items such as diapers and other personal items too. We use them every trip and love them. :)

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

We just placed our order for for Garden Grocer for our April 30-May 5 stay at BLT. There is a $14 delivery fee but you can choose the time window to have your order delivered. We chose to have ours delivered between 8-12 on the day we arrive. They assured us that our order would be held at bell services and refrigerated. We can also add items that we may have forgotten 3X before our trip ....after that there is an additional delivery fee. The website is wonderful and they also have an app. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Also forgot to add if you place your GG order 60+ days ahead you get 10% off and 30+ days ahead you get 5% off. Another perk to them. As noted you can add items if you forget things too. They do fill up spots for some days so best to place orders early. ;)

Upvote 0

steffib

we used Garden Grocer - even ordering from the UK-with no problem at all. Everything was waiting for us when we checked in, and the Poly had kept all the food chilled for us if it needed it...The beer was most welcome after a 9 hour flight!
I would really recommend them and will use next time we go

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We stayed at Sports in September and ordered snacks and baby items through Walmart and Target. When we checked in, we were told the resorts no longer have the space to store packages. All packages are sent to an off site location and are attempted to be located when you check in. If you have the tracking number, that helps speed up the process. We checked in at noon time and by midnight had about 75% of our stuff. The rest was located the next day while we were out in the parks. We asked for a rush delivery as we needed our baby items (diapers & formula) but we were told the process can actually take a few days.

When did this change? Do the AS share the same storage area? I cannot imagine this sitting well with guests staying in the deluxes. And if the policy has changed, Disney needs to put something on their website.

Are they going to implement the same for Owners Lockers? Those are delivered to your resort and stored at Bell Services. DVC members will not be happy.....

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

When did this change? Do the AS share the same storage area? I cannot imagine this sitting well with guests staying in the deluxes. And if the policy has changed, Disney needs to put something on their website.

Are they going to implement the same for Owners Lockers? Those are delivered to your resort and stored at Bell Services. DVC members will not be happy.....

I'm a DVC Member and no biggy to us due to not using Owner's locker but may in the future but not a bother if they do this. This was implemented several months back. Maybe 3-4 months ago give or take. Not too many have complained much about it yet that I have seen amongst DVC owner on the boards etc...again yet.... Lol ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm a DVC Member and no biggy to us, and this was implemented several months back. Maybe 3-4 months ago give or take. Not too many have complained much about it yet. Lol ;)

So they will still store your Owner's Locker at your resort? I'm not using the service right now, but I'm seriously considering it because I'm tired of dragging half my kitchen to my DVC room. Disney has a relationship with the company - it would really bite if my purple box went to some mass warehouse somewhere on property....

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

So they will still store your Owner's Locker at your resort? I'm not using the service right now, but I'm seriously considering it because I'm tired of dragging half my kitchen to my DVC room. Disney has a relationship with the company - it would really bite if my purple box went to some mass warehouse somewhere on property....
That I'm not sure since we don't use owners locker yet but just use Garden Grocer. Another DVCer may be able to help you that uses Owner's Locker regularly. :)

Upvote 0

kshiban

Original Poster
Jeez, that sounds awful! I may be re-thinking our plan...

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Jeez, that sounds awful! I may be re-thinking our plan...

It was a very stressful start to our vacation! As far as I know, Garden Grocer is the only company that does not have the $5 resort handling fee attached. Amazon, Target, Walmart, boxes shipped from home, etc all do. And I believe it is $5 per box. Even though we placed one order from Target, and one order from Walmart, the items are shipped from various warehouses as they are available so in total, we had like 10 boxes. This was about a month before the fee came into place so we were not charged but that would have been a hefty bill! After the stress of almost running out of formula & diapers, the front desk knocking on our door with packages up until midnight (waking our girls every time), and not having breakfast foods our first morning, we decided to never use package delivery again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

The package delivery to resorts really got out of hand. As you read above one family had 10 boxes. There simply isn't enough room at the resorts. And of course Disney saw all of these purchases coming in from Amazon and other companies and they would prefer you spend the money on their property and in their resort markets. When the public gets obsessive with things like this, especially with a company as greedy as Disney, it won't last. Disney will now do whatever they can to discourage package deliveries.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

The package delivery to resorts really got out of hand. As you read above one family had 10 boxes. There simply isn't enough room at the resorts. And of course Disney saw all of these purchases coming in from Amazon and other companies and they would prefer you spend the money on their property and in their resort markets. When the public gets obsessive with things like this, especially with a company as greedy as Disney, it won't last. Disney will now do whatever they can to discourage package deliveries.

I don't disagree at all but to be fair, I placed two orders, I had no idea it would shipped in a bunch of little boxes :) We had never shipped things before in our previous 4 or 5 trips but literally every planning site I frequently visit recommended it. Every site says how easy & convenient it is to ship food & baby items to free up space in your suitcase. So finally this past September we gave it a try and it was a huge fail. Never again. I really hope now that Disney is discouraging it, it is removed or at least altered from all the planning sites.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

I don't disagree at all but to be fair, I placed two orders, I had no idea it would shipped in a bunch of little boxes :) We had never shipped things before in our previous 4 or 5 trips but literally every planning site I frequently visit recommended it. Every site says how easy & convenient it is to ship food & baby items to free up space in your suitcase. So finally this past September we gave it a try and it was a huge fail. Never again. I really hope now that Disney is discouraging it, it is removed or at least altered from all the planning sites.
It doesn't help that these companies use an insane amount of boxes to ship. I just ordered some new Disney gear from Walmart, 6 shirts in 5 different bags and boxes that arrived on different days.
The consumer has no idea how many boxes will used to send the goods to the hotel....

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

No I know it wasn't your fault that it was shipped in so many boxes. What I was really trying to say is now "almost" every family has a shipment shipped to the resort and not purchasing items on property. That's what I meant by obsessive as in all of us. I have gotten in the habit of doing it myself. I really didn't mean to offend you and make it seem like it was your fault. I had one single order from Macy's ship in 4 separate boxes to my home which is mind blowing but that's how they do it.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

I had no idea they made all these changes! I'm glad I saw this! We were just there in July and had groceries delivered - don't remember from where, but it wasn't Amazon. This was going to be my new thing since I'm a recent NON DDP convert lol. We bought food (light breakfast items, drinks, and snacks) for 6 people for about a week, so I imagine if everyone did that it would take up a lot of room. But, it sure is a great way of saving some money! So when did they start doing this?

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

It was a very stressful start to our vacation! As far as I know, Garden Grocer is the only company that does not have the $5 resort handling fee attached. Amazon, Target, Walmart, boxes shipped from home, etc all do. And I believe it is $5 per box. Even though we placed one order from Target, and one order from Walmart, the items are shipped from various warehouses as they are available so in total, we had like 10 boxes. This was about a month before the fee came into place so we were not charged but that would have been a hefty bill! After the stress of almost running out of formula & diapers, the front desk knocking on our door with packages up until midnight (waking our girls every time), and not having breakfast foods our first morning, we decided to never use package delivery again.

Any company that uses a normal delivery service (like FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc) may be subject to the package delivery fees. But most companies that deliver in person currently doesn't get charged fees. So GardenGrocer, WeGoShop, and Amazon Prime Now! are all examples of services that won't have a delivery fee. These services all can provide perishable foods, so tend to be delivered/collected day of instead of taking up storage space. It will depend on you as to which is best for your situation, GardenGrocer has the limited selection at marked up prices on their site, WeGoShop will shop anyplace you want and charge you the receipt + service, Amazon Prime Now! has a limited selection, but no delivery fees and their prices are very competitive to the actual store.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom