Grand Floridian vs Contempoary during Holiday Season?

21stamps

Original Poster
Which one and why?

To go into more detail-/
Basically I need to add a night.. Our vacation is mess right now. No availability to add at the Contemporary..or at any of the monorail resorts for my dates.

We would have to switch to the GF to do a 5 night stay.

I had my heart set on the Contemporary :(

Both would be a theme park view room. Are the views from GF tpv rooms similar to Poly views?

rob0519

Unfortunately, while we love the CR Park Views and the monorail in the hotel, it looks more like a high end Hyatt when it come's to actual Disney decor. The GF is certainly more expensive and the Park View is nothing like the CR, but the Holiday decorations have been impressive in years past.

zurgandfriend

We have stayed at both, I love the contemporary myself however the GF during the holidays is fantastic. Either one is a great resort so it’s like trying to decide between a sirloin and porterhouse. Book the GF and have a great vacation.

21stamps

Original Poster
We have stayed at both, I love the contemporary myself however the GF during the holidays is fantastic. Either one is a great resort so it’s like trying to decide between a sirloin and porterhouse. Book the GF and have a great vacation.
Will it make a difference that we will be in an outer building? Are the only decorations in the lobby?

Also, will we have a good view of the EWP and fireworks from a theme park view room? Similar to Poly? That is one advantage of GF, I was a little sad that we wouldn't be able to watch both from our balcony at CR.

I haven't stayed at the GF in over 10 years, and have only stayed in the main building, we were never in our room when the fireworks or EWP passed by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom