Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When do they add the homeless and vomit to the streets? Who can up with downtown LA as a theme for a Disney park?

This thread has pictures of how 7th and Grand looks in the real LA, and it's nothing like you described.

Did you also have this same complaint when the area was Streets of America? Where's the homeless? Where's the curbside garbage?

Oh, no... you didn't. Nice attempt at hating, though. Come back when your complaints aren't ridiculous.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Forgive my confusion, but why is there a gate at the beginning of the road? By the Muppets area?

New backstage access area I believe

I'd assume once Star Wars Edge opens, if the line gets too long on the street, they would want ways to make the line only have one entry point.

Insiders have said that that road at which the gate is the gate-keeper is just a backstage access that's purposely big enough for emergency vehicles to enter the park.

So why a big gate and not the usual overlapping walls or smaller gate? Dunno.

roj2323

Forgive my confusion, but why is there a gate at the beginning of the road? By the Muppets area?

The existing walkway between Muppets courtyard and Star Tours is going to be deleted and replaced with landscaping so the current backstage access is being moved forward to Grand Ave to compensate. The result of this will be a more defined visual separation between Muppets and Star Tours as well as a new entry point for Muppets courtyard midway down Grand Ave.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The existing walkway between Muppets courtyard and Star Tours is going to be deleted and replaced with landscaping so the current backstage access is being moved forward to Grand Ave to compensate. The result of this will be a more defined visual separation between Muppets and Star Tours as well as a new entry point for Muppets courtyard midway down Grand Ave.

But why 20 foot swinging gates as the door to a backstage road? It's going to be as impressive as the MK castle gate... but it's just going to open slightly to let CMs go in and out with carts?

Is it going to be themed to Grand Ave somehow?

RAXIP

But why 20 foot swinging gates as the door to a backstage road? It's going to be as impressive as the MK castle gate... but it's just going to open slightly to let CMs go in and out with carts?

Is it going to be themed to Grand Ave somehow?
It’s replacing this equally large gate that allows service vehicles to enter the park after hours. There will be a separate access way for Cast Members to use during the day.
2BDD15EB-C216-4175-AC1F-48C4A577DF31.jpeg

Britrepeater

Don't think I have seen it mentioned on here before, but those pictures show a small signpost "Historic quarter" is that what they will officially call this area of the park once it's all integrated?

Would tie in to what some others have said about the main park taking on an LA theme.
After all Star Wars is also set a long time ago...

Prototype82

Don't think I have seen it mentioned on here before, but those pictures show a small signpost "Historic quarter" is that what they will officially call this area of the park once it's all integrated?

Would tie in to what some others have said about the main park taking on an LA theme.
After all Star Wars is also set a long time ago...
It'll all be called Grand Avenue. I think it's just supposed to set up the setting that we're in present day L.A.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom