Grad Nites returning to the Magic Kingdom in 2010

pilka214

i graduated in 08' went to gradnite at MK, got sick at around 1 am..... felt better by 2.... couldn't go to the dance floors, they were way to crowded with friends of other ethnicities! but we got on some rides, and saw a bus in the parking lot completely go up in flames.... overall a good night.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
they probably thought that having RNR and ToT and the new AI that teens would have a better time than say riding Dumbo or Stitch or Aladdin ... just a thought

I'm with you. I thought the move to DHS made a heckuva lot of sense. TSMM, RnRC, ToT, Star Tours plus a showing of Fantasmic, loud music in the open area by the hub and several convenient places for dance parties, plus the compact environment and no kiddie rides made it sound like a logical move to me.

But then again, I'm 22 years older than the grad nite target audience. :lol:

steener618

If they were concerned with shutting down World Drive for fireworks, then why not make it a low level show similar to DL's grad nite explosion?

kc1296426

Or, second option...get rid of Grad Nights all together.

THERE you go.
:D
Too fun to end. I hope you're joking.

I'm actually on wdwmagic on a bus, on the way too Grad Nite now. Traffic on 1-4. And Just my luck that next year it's moving back to Magic Kingdom... at least I'll get to expeirence the only Grad Nite too be at the Studios!

hpyhnt 1000

Speaking as someone who has had the honor (or horror) of being able to attend to inaugural and final year that Grad Nite will be hosted at Disney's Hollywood Studios (just was there last night on 4/17), all I can say is THANK GOD its being moved back to the Magic Kingdom. I have nothing against DHS, but for an event like this, it has to be at a park that has more to do!

In short, the opinion of all in my class was that Grad Nite '09 at DHS sucked. There is no possibility for sugar coating; that was the consensus, plain and simple.

Captain Hank

Put me on record as hating the DHS grad nite fireworks show. I live by the junction of 192 and 27, and the freakin' loud fireworks show woke me up at some ungodly hour of the night. Normally, I can hear Wishes and IllumiNations from my porch at an unobtrusive volume, but last night, I could feel my bedroom wall vibrating for a good couple minutes due to the shells. :mad:

1 Down...however many else to go... :fork:

(okay, I feel better now :) )

techgeek

Is THAT what that was?? My old wood frame house up in Clermont thuds pleasantly every night on a few of the shells from wishes, but last night at midnight I could have sworn it was new years eve.

Are they using a lot larger product then usual? Where are they firing from that they have to shut down World Drive?

hpyhnt 1000

Is THAT what that was?? My old wood frame house up in Clermont thuds pleasantly every night on a few of the shells from wishes, but last night at midnight I could have sworn it was new years eve.

Are they using a lot larger product then usual? Where are they firing from that they have to shut down World Drive?

Looked like they came from behind One Man's Dream/TSM. I guess where the backlot tour kind of circles around and goes through wardrobe.

Rob562

Put me on record as hating the DHS grad nite fireworks show. I live by the junction of 192 and 27, and the freakin' loud fireworks show woke me up at some ungodly hour of the night. Normally, I can hear Wishes and IllumiNations from my porch at an unobtrusive volume, but last night, I could feel my bedroom wall vibrating for a good couple minutes due to the shells. :mad:

1 Down...however many else to go... :fork:

(okay, I feel better now :) )

Better mark June 6th on your calendar, then... That'll be another night of giant fireworks at the Studios... (Park rental for a private event during Gay Days weekend...)

Two years ago, I was at the Adventurers Club that night, and I got a voicemail from my friend whom I was staying with (who lives a couple miles south of the 192/27 instersection) and wanted to know what the hell had just happened on-property, because he could see and hear the pyro from his patio...

If you're on-property that weekend, it might be fun to be around behind the Boardwalk around midnight to see the show... I've heard the fireworks show is quite impressive that night.

-Rob

Figment1986

why dont they have a grad night for college grads?

im sure the alcohol sales ALONE would justify this!

I think only EPCOT could hold a college grad night....:lookaroun esp since the lines at the bars would be really long... and if held at EPCOT... you could drink around the world from dusk till dawn :lookaroun :lol:

awalkinthepark

I'd be willing to bet some schools were pulling out since it was moved to DHS. Might as well do Grad Bash at Universal. There's more to do.

We are about an hour away from Orlando and my son's senior class is doing Universal and some of the alternative schools that I visit are going to Universal as well. I just assumed that Disney dropped it all together...I know the reaction my son and his friends had to the party moving to MGM was not good.

maconMouse

At least Night of Joy isn't moving back. :dazzle: :hurl:

I'll be back at Night of Joy this September at the Studios, and sure hope they improve upon all their mistakes from last year. There were a lot of unhappy guests requesting refunds last September.

It just seemed so much more magical, special, and less crowded at the Magic Kingdom with the castle stage for the major acts.

Sketch105

I think Universal's got a pretty sweet gig this year, with the new concert plaza to host AKON and with Simpsons, Mummy and the like.

Sadly they were supposed to have Hollywood Rip,Ride,Rockit up and running by now. It was initially advertised for the event but pulled from the promotional materials.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom