Good grief! I wanna do THIS!

stevehousse

That sounds really fun for when my kids get older! I have to ask though, do u camp out for the whole week or stay in hotels??? LOL in not to fond of camping...

Nemo14

I lived in Flagstaff for a couple of years, and have seen the Grand Canyon from the air, the rim, and the bottom, and I'll never get tired of it. Raft trips aren't for everyone, but they are great fun with the right guides. For the less adventurous who still want that experience, I highly recommend a float trip with this company:
http://raftthecanyon.com/
You can go for a half day on the smoother part of the Colorado before it enters the canyon, and the scenery is just spectacular.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
That sounds really fun for when my kids get older! I have to ask though, do u camp out for the whole week or stay in hotels??? LOL in not to fond of camping...
It's camping all week but not like if you packed up to go camping. You show up with your bag of clothes & gear (quick dry stuff, rain suit, wet/dry sandals, etc) and they supply the rest. They provide tents, sleeping bags, cots, tarps, and dry bags to use. They cook/prepare all meals & provide all food. They set up portable potty facilities as well. It's like camping but with a lot less work on your end. That's always been my argument to camping: so much work before, during, & after. I'm as girly-girl don't-get-dirty as they come but this I think I'd love. Who wants to stand at the rim of the Grand Canyon when you can go get in it, touch it, live it. I've never seen it before. I think this would be the most amazing way to experience it! As I get older I'm more and more okay with just pulling my wet hair out of the way, putting a little moisturizer on my face, and just going. This is a trip for living good, not looking good. I think the smiles and spirit are all the people beauty needed to compliment the environment perfectly. ;)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I lived in Flagstaff for a couple of years, and have seen the Grand Canyon from the air, the rim, and the bottom, and I'll never get tired of it. Raft trips aren't for everyone, but they are great fun with the right guides. For the less adventurous who still want that experience, I highly recommend a float trip with this company:
http://raftthecanyon.com/
You can go for a half day on the smoother part of the Colorado before it enters the canyon, and the scenery is just spectacular.
At the end of the 6 & 7 night expeditions with this company there's a helicopter ride out of the canyon back to a ranch to clean up & get ready to return to the world. Then they provide a flight back to Vegas, I think. More great opportunity to see from the skies. ;)

We did a helicopter ride over Niagara years ago when the boys were little guys. It was so amazing to see that way! Then, of course we did the Maid of the Mist to the falls. We also did an enclosed jet boat into the whirlpool. So fascinating to see these types of things from different perspectives!

Nemo14

I did a helicopter over the canyon many years ago. It's awesome when the bottom just falls out beneath you. Like I said, I'll never get tired of the canyon and the whole 4 corners area. It should be on everyone's bucket list!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I did a helicopter over the canyon many years ago. It's awesome when the bottom just falls out beneath you. Like I said, I'll never get tired of the canyon and the whole 4 corners area. It should be on everyone's bucket list!
As it is and I'm sooooo gonna goooooo!!!

harveyt0206

I love the idea of this..hubs and I are doing a Grand Canyon and Sedona trip next year (no Disney planned at all. First time in 10 years). We are hoping to spend a few nights at the Grand Canyon Lodge, so not sure if this would work out for us, time wise. But I'm definitely showing Tracy. It's right up his alley.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I love the idea of this..hubs and I are doing a Grand Canyon and Sedona trip next year (no Disney planned at all. First time in 10 years). We are hoping to spend a few nights at the Grand Canyon Lodge, so not sure if this would work out for us, time wise. But I'm definitely showing Tracy. It's right up his alley.
They also do day trips and shorter 3/4 nights. If you do, I wanna hear about it!

We're doing the Panama Canal in May for our oldest's graduation trip. His request. The youngest will be the year after. If the 2nd kiddo doesn't go for something like this I think Tracey & I may go for it in September next year for our anniversary.

StarWarsGirl

Mmmm...no. I think I'd rather do the helicopter thing. And be back in a hotel room every night (camping is really not my thing).

But since you want to do it, I hope you're able to figure out a way to go. :)

stevehousse

Absolutely love Sedona! My grandpa use to live there! It's such a beautiful place!

The Empress Lilly

But...where is Mickey Mouse, the bubble and the magic?!?!?!

:devilish:
Hey, it's still called a Western River Expedition! That fabled MK crown jewel - that sadly never got build. :cry:
http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wre.htm

Do they allow weakly girls to raft in the Grand Canyon?
frage.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom