Glow with the show ears.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Now I don't know how a lot of you feel about the ears but I know I Love them and really hate the fact that we aren't seeing them over here at WDW. That being said does anybody know if it is something they wanna do? Possibly when the AK gets a night show?

This video is what got me excited for them, I think Disneyland paris might have the best projection show yet. Plus the fact that they are programmed to change based on what land you are in is a real winner for me.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would love to see them at WDW..Especially if they can work with the other nighttime shows Fantasmic, Illuminations..Etc..
I always thought they would be awesome for Illuminations. There you've got a 360 view of the lake with all the flashing ears.

So cool! Not sure why they haven't brought them to WDW yet. They recently introduced them to Disneyland Paris, as I recall...

FettFan

Animal Kingdom will never have a night show. The lights and sounds are too disruptive, and the amount of trash generated (spent shell casings and burnt chemical debris) is detrimental to the animals' health.

Remember, this is the same park that serves fountain drinks without plastic lids in the name of animal welfare, which makes it tricky when dealing with young children and the disabled.
2173267239_cfe7bf48fd_z.jpg

And paper straws too, but I actually find those to be pretty neat and really wouldn't mind seeing them in all of the parks.

tare

I think they would go great with illuminations. It would add something to it since I'm not a fan of illuminations!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
In theory the glow with the show ears are cool. I didn't care for them that much when the guys in front of me had them at DL, they distracted me from the show and were kind of bright for me. Luckily the directly in front of me took them off a couple minutes into one of the shows, he seemed to want to watch his ears to see what they did. I'm probably in the minority of not really liking them though.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Given how much these ears cost, you know that Disney is making a killing on them. I am amazed that they haven't brought them to The World yet. I can't imagine that it would be very difficult to incorporate the technology to use them into Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic.

Rob562

Given how much these ears cost, you know that Disney is making a killing on them. I am amazed that they haven't brought them to The World yet. I can't imagine that it would be very difficult to incorporate the technology to use them into Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic.

Actually, the basics of the tech started in WDW with the 100 Years of Magic buttons/pins in 2001. Infrared emitters in attractions and on parade floats activated the pins to blink specific LED color patterns appropriate for the moment. This was then followed by Pal Mickey, but at some point they just abandoned that tech and brought it to California instead.

-Rob

Sped2424

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom will never have a night show. The lights and sounds are too disruptive, and the amount of trash generated (spent shell casings and burnt chemical debris) is detrimental to the animals' health.

Remember, this is the same park that serves fountain drinks without plastic lids in the name of animal welfare, which makes it tricky when dealing with young children and the disabled.
2173267239_cfe7bf48fd_z.jpg

And paper straws too, but I actually find those to be pretty neat and really wouldn't mind seeing them in all of the parks.
Did you not hear about the possible upcoming night show in store for animal kingdom? No fireworks but all projections I believe its called River of light and it wouldn't have to be noisy. here is the thread where multiple insiders claim something is in the works, with nothing but projections it would work wonderfully with the glow with the show ears!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/report-of-new-nighttime-show-at-dak.869502/

dave&di

I'm not sure about them!:cautious: These ones don't seem as annoying as some! When at Universal (sorry!) last year they had staff selling flashing things at one of the Pets shows and there were children scattered around with flashing multi-coloured things! Now I suffer with migraines so this kind of thing does my head in, I had to sit there with sunnies on and keep covering my eyes! Very distracting!!!! :arghh: Rant over! As I said these ears don't look as intrusive though!

WED99

They look cool when a bunch of people have them, but the reality is it just doesn't look like that. When I watched WoC a few months back I was surprised to see only about a dozen people in the entire crowd wearing them. The effect really requires at least 30% of the crowd to dish out the $20+ for them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There were plans for the magic kingdom last year but hopefully they've fallen through. They look great.... Until you have to stand amongst them.

Given you have to buy them too a couple of hundred wouldn't have any effect amongst a few ten thousand guests.

FettFan

Did you not hear about the possible upcoming night show in store for animal kingdom? No fireworks but all projections I believe its called River of light and it wouldn't have to be noisy. here is the thread where multiple insiders claim something is in the works, with nothing but projections it would work wonderfully with the glow with the show ears!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/report-of-new-nighttime-show-at-dak.869502/

Rivers of Light has been rumored since 2006 (as an Electrical Water Pageant-esque water parade sailing same path as the old Discovery River Boats), and unless there is some hard evidence of it coming (aka not the blog of a guy calling himself "Disney Hipster"), then I won't believe it until I see it.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Rivers of Light has been rumored since 2006 (as an Electrical Water Pageant-esque water parade sailing same path as the old Discovery River Boats), and unless there is some hard evidence of it coming (aka not the blog of a guy calling himself "Disney Hipster"), then I won't believe it until I see it.
Well I think with avatar getting closer and multiple insiders on this site claiming a night show is coming with that I really wouldn't be shocked.

jayhawkmickey

I'm making an assumtion that they will work anywhere there are Disney IR emitters?? Disneyland, Fantasmic, Wishes, new Animal Kingdom show someday. Do they have replacible batterys? If so $25 isn't so bad. Do they have RFID kill switches? If not and they are like resort mugs, only good for that stay or show then heck no!

Since1976

What would be funny/scary/cool is if a Disney vehicle drove around the resort hotels with a transmitter randomly causing guests Glow with the Show Ears to light up.

I can imagine plenty of out-of-park (or heck, even off-property, at home) marketing uses for the ears...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom