Ghost Busters has the juice right now

J4546

MiB is meh imo so a GB retheme could def work for me.

Also if they ever got rid of E.T......that would be terrible

999th Happy Haunt

Ghostbusters is the best possible case for retheming MIB, maybe the only one I would tolerate. If they can’t fit a great GB attraction anywhere else and have to replace MIB so be it.

JT3000

I feel like people are suggesting a retheme of MIB only because it's a shooting ride and they'd want Ghostbusters to also be a shooting ride, which seems like a lazy justification. MIB is still popular. Yes, people go to that side of the park. What else are you going to do, swim across the lagoon?

I'm also not even convinced that Ghostbusters warrants a resurgence in the parks, especially if it's going to be based on the newer movies.

JoeCamel

I feel like people are suggesting a retheme of MIB only because it's a shooting ride and they'd want Ghostbusters to also be a shooting ride, which seems like a lazy justification. MIB is still popular. Yes, people go to that side of the park. What else are you going to do, swim across the lagoon?

I'm also not even convinced that Ghostbusters warrants a resurgence in the parks, especially if it's going to be based on the newer movies.
I can get behind the first part

GB needs a new build ala spidey

Eric Graham

Alright...
Here is some intel on where you could see it:

Great Movie Escape(was one of the original planned escape room themes)

New Parade

Roaming entertainment

HHN(this time based on Frozen Empire)

Universal recently procured a 1959 Miller Meteor Cadilac. There is only one reason to do that.

If the movie is a smash hit, and I think it will be doing well since Afterlife won people back to the brand trust in theaters and particularly after...then hopefully....Jimmy Fallon's replacement.
Jimmy Fallon's ride is so bad....He's pretty funny as a late night host, though. Especially when he does things like have Green Day in disguise in the subway.

celluloid

Jimmy Fallon's ride is so bad....He's pretty funny as a late night host, though. Especially when he does things like have Green Day in disguise in the subway.

Yeah. It is a pretty standard to less than standard simulator experience in a park full of better ones where most attractions are now featuring motion base simulator experiences as major components.

cheezbat

Both it and F&F need to go. Absolute wastes of space in the park. I’d be all for a new ghostbusters attraction replacing Fallon.

Eric Graham

It was ok. I think I'd be ok if the next movie didn't have any of the originals in it. Let the new cast do their thing. (Unless Rick Moranis wants to come back!)
From Google in 2020, "Moranis has largely left acting for personal reasons. The substance of his proposed role in the 2016 reboot or Afterlife was not appealing enough to draw him back to the project. Why did Rick Moranis decide to comeback for the Honey I Shrunk The Kids reboot but not the Ghostbusters reboots?"

DisneyWall-E

My son and I liked the new movie, but we are Ghostbusters fans. My biggest criticism is there isn't enough Ghost busting in the last 2 movies. A shooting 3D ride where you get a Neutrona wand would be cool IMO.

WDWFREAK53

My son and I liked the new movie, but we are Ghostbusters fans. My biggest criticism is there isn't enough Ghost busting in the last 2 movies. A shooting 3D ride where you get a Neutrona wand would be cool IMO.
I keep hearing this about the lack of "busting."
How many did they actually show being busted in the original?

Slimer, Runner in the park, 2 Terror Dogs, Gozer, and Stay-Puft?
They had the short scene with their rise (which included the runner in the park) but didn't really show them busting the ghosts. (Remember, Library Ghost got the best of them!)

How many in part 2?
Scoleri brothers (2) and Vigo? (1).

Afterlife had Muncher, Gozer, all of the little Stay-Pufts, and then the ton that got trapped at the end.

(2016 had way more in comparison considering the battle at the end).

DaveN1996

I'm not opposed to it taking over MIBs space, but, it almost HAS to go in the New York section of the park right????

With that in mind, then good night Vin and the family, hello Ghost Busters

JT3000

I'm not opposed to it taking over MIBs space, but, it almost HAS to go in the New York section of the park right????

With that in mind, then good night Vin and the family, hello Ghost Busters
F&F is in San Francisco...

There's nowhere to put another attraction in NY unless they replace something or repurpose the space behind the library facade, which is curently taken up by an events building.

Andrew25

New movie is basically a bust. If I'm Universal, there is no way I dump money into this IP
Movie might suck, but the franchise is evergreen and a heck of a merch seller. Rumors suggest Universal prioritized the first two films with consideration of utilizing assets from the newer films if they were more of a success.

celluloid

We will see how it hangs on. Either way, as said the property is evergreen and still the most successful supernatural comedy franchise of all time.

The logo alone is an aesthetic people still buy in stores to this day.

Video games and merch still sell. Sony loves the license it and today Universal just teased an image alluding to it coming this summer.

Parade in July.
(and likely spots in store)

HHN this August.

Fun fact. Ghostbusters 2 Track, "You're love(lifting me higher)" is still played in the NYC street loop and one old production central loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom