Ghost Busters has the juice right now

macefamily

Original Poster
So what do you think about Universal plugging in a brand new Ghostbusters attraction ? With movies spanning from the 80's to 2024 it's a huge icon. I guess I'm just an old fart where I'd rather see a brand new GBA with today's technology. I think it would be awesome. I heard there's another one coming next year.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn't think that it would have enough of a draw with its recent mediocre cinematic presence. The 2016 movie nearly killed the franchise, but Afterlife was refreshing. Frozen Empire ? who knows, I'll play the wait and see game with it.

WDWFREAK53

I don't know, the new movies are trying to reframe the original(s) as something epic like Star Wars. It was not that.
It wasn't just the original movies. The cartoon series was a huge hit as was merchandising. It has the potential if Frozen Empire hits bigger than Afterlife. (Considering it's back in NYC, it looks like it will feel more like the original).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I completely agree.

My only concern is that there's a rumor about a Luigi's Mansion mini-land with attraction on the horizon. Would it be too similar?
I don’t think there’s such a thing as too many attractions in this day and age

Especially in the Orlando market…where Disney has decided to do nothing…
Giving universal another key angle to pursue

celluloid

Alright...
Here is some intel on where you could see it:

Great Movie Escape(was one of the original planned escape room themes)

New Parade

Roaming entertainment

HHN(this time based on Frozen Empire)

Universal recently procured a 1959 Miller Meteor Cadilac. There is only one reason to do that.

If the movie is a smash hit, and I think it will be doing well since Afterlife won people back to the brand trust in theaters and particularly after...then hopefully....Jimmy Fallon's replacement.

SJN1279

I don’t think there’s such a thing as too many attractions in this day and age

Especially in the Orlando market…where Disney has decided to do nothing…
Giving universal another key angle to pursue
Avatar, Star Wars, Guardians, Tron, Mickey ride, Frozen, Tiana. (2014-2024)
Disneyworld has had a very strong 10 years of attractions.

Check out 2004-2014 for a comparison

Eric Graham

I think that this would be a fun ride. They could get rid of the Men In Black ride, which no one really seems to go to that side of the park anyways and turn it into Ghostbusters. When I was riding Men In Black, I jokingly asked my wife if Will Smith is going to hit you in this ride also. I recall this week on the radio hearing a story from Billy Joel reflecting on a Saturday Night Live when he was on and how Bill Murray and Chevy Chase got into a huge fistfight before she show. Billy Joel was so taken aback by what happened. He thought they were crazy. They went on with the show. I know that Bill Murray owns the Charleston Riverdogs, and I've heard he's not the nicest guy to approach...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think that this would be a fun ride. They could get rid of the Men In Black ride, which no one really seems to go to that side of the park anyways and turn it into Ghostbusters. When I was riding Men In Black, I jokingly asked my wife if Will Smith is going to hit you in this ride also. I recall this week on the radio hearing a story from Billy Joel reflecting on a Saturday Night Live when he was on and how Bill Murray and Chevy Chase got into a huge fistfight before she show. Billy Joel was so taken aback by what happened. He thought they were crazy. They went on with the show. I know that Bill Murray owns the Charleston Riverdogs, and I've heard he's not the nicest guy to approach...

I like the Men in Black ride, but Ghostbusters would be a great re-theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom