Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Tony the Tigger

We have finished unpacking and Em is dozing....can't complain since she drove the entire way....here is the resort reveal:

View attachment 189956

View attachment 189957

View attachment 189958

Appropriate to be in the 90s since Em is a 90s child. :)

Of course we did not get a refurbished room.
View attachment 189959

But I am curious about these hooks behind the bathroom door....in all my stays at Pop Century I have never seen them....and they move up and down. Is the change in color supposed to mean something? Anyone know?
View attachment 189960

Catch you soon from our first park. Any guesses where we will be going?

I'm guessing the hooks are so you can color/character code and keep everyone's stuff separate? Although...only 3 hooks...

And - Epcot?

Woodywrkr

We have finished unpacking and Em is dozing....can't complain since she drove the entire way....here is the resort reveal:

View attachment 189956

View attachment 189957

View attachment 189958

Appropriate to be in the 90s since Em is a 90s child. :)

Of course we did not get a refurbished room.
View attachment 189959

But I am curious about these hooks behind the bathroom door....in all my stays at Pop Century I have never seen them....and they move up and down. Is the change in color supposed to mean something? Anyone know?
View attachment 189960

Catch you soon from our first park. Any guesses where we will be going?
Do they change from a character with a color background to one with a green background? I'm guessing the character helps you keep track of the towel and the green color change is because, well, you're being green by hanging it up.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
First time experiencing the new metal detectors.

IMG_5608.JPG

And the Passholder entrance (though clearly the family in front of us....non-English speaking Asians....were unlikely Passholders. Especially when Mickey's head turned blue. :banghead:)

IMG_5609.JPG

After posing in front of SSE, we went here:
IMG_5612.JPG

We saw the Park Starz Vinylmations. Betcha Brad would love the Dapper Dan, @ajrwdwgirl!

IMG_5610.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wish we'd gotten the chance to help paint the mural like @Tony the Tigger did.

IMG_5618.JPG

A gorgeous evening in World Showcase.
IMG_5619.JPG

IMG_5620.JPG

We chose Les Halles for dinner. I saw an outdoor table and held it while Em perused the menu. This was the view:

IMG_5621.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

When Em returned I went to get the food. We had the Turkey BLT. Last time we tried it the sandwich was on a crusty baguette. Now it is on a softer brioche bun. And even though I requested the sandwich toasted, it was still cold.

IMG_5623.JPG

The cookie was a bit on the crunchy side. Not our best Les Halles meal. But the al fresco dining was great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom