General Disney Question - Am I strange....

maelstrom

Yeah, you're one of us, join the club. I wear something Disney *every* day, even if it's just socks. If people can't see the Disney they ask "*gasp* no Disney today?!" and then I have to show them my socks or whatever. My room is covered in Disney stuff. Disney is all I ever talk about. Almost every gift I buy for someone is Disney. Luckily, my little cousin LOVES the princesses, so I can get her just about anything. :)

maelstrom

wannab@dis said:
guess we all got the sickness! my favorite is... "you're going to disney again?!?!" They just don't get it!

I get that one from my grandma ALL the time. She also doesn't believe that I've only been there 17 times.

mrtoad

BwanaBob said:
You're not strange. You're not sick, either!

Want to see something that can be classified as a "sickness"?

I absolutely love Disney... however...

There comes the point where...well...you just gotta know when to say when.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to...The Sickness!!

I am sure he is really popular with the neighbors. :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

There is nothing wrong with loving Disney! I love it...people come into my office at work and are like, you really like Disney, don't you?!

I'm turning 25 on Monday and I sleep only on Disney sheets...my favorite are my Finding Nemo sheets!

TheDisneyGirl02

rosebud's mom

As the Chesire Cat says, " We're all a little mad down here !" Besides, normal people scare me. How many times when someone is arrested as a mass murderer do the friends and neighbors say " but he seemed like such a nice, NORMAL guy ?"

waltdisny

Main Street USA said:
To most, yes. You are sick. BUT, to everyone on these boards, you're just one of us! You've come to the right place to be nuts about WDW!
I gotta disagree Main Street, I say we're the normal ones and the rest of the world is "a sad, strange, little place." :D

tigsmom

wannab@dis said:
guess we all got the sickness! my favorite is... "you're going to disney again?!?!" They just don't get it!

People constantly remind me that there are "other places" in Florida. :rolleyes:

Atta83

Wow the tatoo guys house all i can say is wow, and where does he live. Some of that stuff is just umm yeah wow..

TheDisneyGirl02

Atta83 said:
Wow the tatoo guys house all i can say is wow, and where does he live. Some of that stuff is just umm yeah wow..
If he's the one I'm thinking about, he lives by me in PA. He comes into my Disney Store every once in a while...and one time invited the cast to come to a Disney party...I remember seeing the invitation backstage.

TheDisneyGirl02

WDWScottieBoy

tigger248 said:
You may be strange to "normal" people, but what exactly is "normal"? For all we know, we're the normal ones and non-disney fans may be the strange ones.

I agree with this one and everyone else by saying we are the normal ones. If someone doesn't obsess over Disney, then they are ABnormal. I'm proud to be addicted to Disney and there's nothing that can take that out of me! :sohappy:

mrtoad

I kind of dissagree with saying that is someone does not get into Disney as much as us that they are not normal. I don't understand it but that does not make them not normal. That is the same as everyone saying we are not normal just because we are so into it.

Ringo8n24

This was a great thread to read. The cool thing to me is that I am so glad there are others that feel the same. It is great to have you guys to share these thoughts with. I am also tired of explaining to those who do not get it and feel I should not be this way. It is ok for them not to agree, but it is not ok to put me down for it. I am tired of explaining to my mom and dad why we do not go to someplace different on vacation so I told my husband we are going to try to go somewhere else next year. I am sure I will not be able to do that for a year, avoid WDW, but it made my parents happy. Wait until I call them to keep the dog again because we are going to Disney... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom