General Disney Question - Am I strange....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Curious to know if I am strange ( well me and my wife ) because we really get into the Disney culture. We dress our kids in Disney related clothes. Kids rooms are Disney themed (princesses for the girl and pooh for the infant boy, who'se room will be Peter Pan themed in a couple of months). The paint on the walls are Disney colors. Our play room is where we keep most of our Disney "stuff", except for the snow globes and porcelin stuff we keep in the living room.

Our vacations are generally allways to WDW. The only other place my wife and I care to visit is Ireland (maybe EPCOT could help us out with that.... :lol: ). We honeymooned there in Nov 2002, took our little girl in Nov 2003, went to Disney Land last week, and are planning WDW for October 2005. I found myself watching the Orlando weather for hurricane updates to see if WDW was going to be hit hard and allways checked the boards to see what the status was after the storm.

We pull out the classics on Fridays and Saturdays and watch Snow White, Cindarella, Peter Pan, etc..... We have to hit the Disney Store once a month or so so we can rejuvinate ourselves. (we live in Texas, so its too far for a weekend trip to the parks).

Is this a sickness?????? :p :p :p :p :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am glad to know there are more like me. When I retire I want to move to Orlando and drive busses for Disney.

tigger248

You may be strange to "normal" people, but what exactly is "normal"? For all we know, we're the normal ones and non-disney fans may be the strange ones.

I feel the same way though. Sometimes I wonder what people at school or work think about me. I have a purse from WDW and I buy disney folders or cover my folders and notebooks in disney stuff like stickers, even though I'm a college senior. I always talk disney, I always wear disney clothes (with the exception of the occasional NASCAR or Jimmy Buffett shirt), and my car is covered in disney (complete with the sorcerer antenna topper, stitch static cling on the side, and the interior taken over by Tiggers). Plus my bedroom and bathroom are done in Disney (mostly Tigger) and all I listen to is Disney music. And I'm about to start my second season of working seasonally at my local disney store (last year there weren't any permanent positions open, hopefully this year I'll get to stay). What's strange to some is the norm for people like us! :wave:

dixiegirl

welcome to our magical world!!!! my husband and i are exactly the same from the disney honeymoon to the disney paint on the walls!! and his goal is to retire as a busdriver in disney and mine is to be a cute little lady at the ticket turnstile telling everyone to have a magical day!! thats our retirement goal!! no your not sick at all none of us are, its the rest of the world thats nuts!!!!lol :hammer: :fork:

Since1976

I once posted, "I'd say you guys are a sad lot if I wasn't one of you."

To which someone replied: "Come join the misery!"

:sohappy:

Realize that there are "strange" people everywhere. STAR WARS fans, STAR TREK fans, Elvis fans, Barbie fans, Coca-Cola fans, N Sync fans, you name it. What person out there isn't a freak about *something*?

Our obsession just happens to be with Disney, and you really don't have to explain or justify it.

mrtoad

You are only strange to the people who just don't get it. Sometimes you are successful and make a convert but for the most part people look at you funny. All of us hardcore fans go through it.

You decorate your workspace with Disney stuff, parts if not all of your house and your clothing is Disney. I leave the house and people look at me strange as I will be wearing not just a Disney shirt but hat. The only other person I see doing it, is my daughter. :)

If you are lucky the one you fall in love with is also nuts about Disney or you convert them. My wife was not nuts about it, but not against it either. I have tried for years to get her to go every year rather than do other vacations too. Now that we have a daughter, I think I have her now.

Joevn

You're not strange, just a devoted fan. :) I think everyone is allowed one obsession...for some it's a sports team, for some others it's sci-fi or anime, for us it just happens to be a little theme park overrun by rodents. :)

Joe

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I don't feel so bad now.

Well, I don't feel so bad now. What with listening to Disney CD's at work, which always gets me strange looks, to being a member of these boards, to viewing their site each day, I thought I was off a little bit. But now I know I fit in perfectly here.

hehehe.

BwanaBob

You're not strange. You're not sick, either!

Want to see something that can be classified as a "sickness"?

I absolutely love Disney... however...

There comes the point where...well...you just gotta know when to say when.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to...The Sickness!!

Nansafan

I've told this story before so if you've heard it, sorry. While at my opthalmologists office, the receptionist saw my cell phone which has a Mickey Mouse cover on it. She said to me, "oh, you're one of us" as she nodded and smiled. I asked her what she meant. She then said that there are some people who have been dusted with pixie dust and some who haven't. Those who have are the people who "get it". They know that WDW/Disney is a state of being, a calling, a way of life. No, you're not strange, you've just one of the lucky ones who've been dusted with pixie dust.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom