General Disney Question - Am I strange....

csaguy

Addicts

Our family is truly addicted to Disney. When I go to the office, most of my shirts are Mickey. I've got a Mickey bobble head on my desk and I've hacked my computer to have Mickey in IE and Windows. I ripped mp3's of the parks sounds so when I travel I have 8hrs of WDW to listen to. (just like being there). My daughter has all the videos and has added Disney to her laptop.
We have a 6' Mickey Christmas tree. My wife has done 8 photo albumns of WDW.
Wecome to the club!
:hammer:

tigsmom

Does anyone else have the Digital Souven-Ears from the Disney Insider downloaded onto their desktop? :lookaroun

tigsmom

They are toys for you desktop...a Mickey Bobblehead, a Mickey calculator and some others. You can print out note paper & shopping lists, they are alot of fun. You have to sign up for the Disney Insider...a newsletter and then you can download them.

The Disney Insider

mrtoad

tigsmom said:
They are toys for you desktop...a Mickey Bobblehead, a Mickey calculator and some others. You can print out note paper & shopping lists, they are alot of fun. You have to sign up for the Disney Insider...a newsletter and then you can download them.

The Disney Insider
Thank-you, I will check it out. :)

dreamteacher

you are not strange If I could and had money IO would do the same
hakunamatata said:
Curious to know if I am strange ( well me and my wife ) because we really get into the Disney culture. We dress our kids in Disney related clothes. Kids rooms are Disney themed (princesses for the girl and pooh for the infant boy, who'se room will be Peter Pan themed in a couple of months). The paint on the walls are Disney colors. Our play room is where we keep most of our Disney "stuff", except for the snow globes and porcelin stuff we keep in the living room.

Our vacations are generally allways to WDW. The only other place my wife and I care to visit is Ireland (maybe EPCOT could help us out with that.... :lol: ). We honeymooned there in Nov 2002, took our little girl in Nov 2003, went to Disney Land last week, and are planning WDW for October 2005. I found myself watching the Orlando weather for hurricane updates to see if WDW was going to be hit hard and allways checked the boards to see what the status was after the storm.

We pull out the classics on Fridays and Saturdays and watch Snow White, Cindarella, Peter Pan, etc..... We have to hit the Disney Store once a month or so so we can rejuvinate ourselves. (we live in Texas, so its too far for a weekend trip to the parks).

Is this a sickness?????? :p :p :p :p :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

FanofDinsey1981

I can't tell you how happy I was to find someone in my office who is just as disney-crazy as my family is. She just returned from disney a week or so ago, and her and I talked (as another co-worker put it....) in our own lanuguage. He gave us the same look thatI give my husband and his co workers when they start talking the computer language. :)

I dont consider anybody like that strange. I would prlly do that if i had the money to. Im in highschool and almost every essay that i have to write i usually write about the disney company or wdw. The other day we had to write a essay about an villan and the people that slay the villan. My villan was Eisner and the slayer was roy disney. Whenever i get up to read a essay all the class lets out a sigh b/c they kno that its gonna be about wdw. In fact my teacher told me the other day that she has learned more about disney since we have been in class than she has the rest of her life

so dont consider youself weird just consider yourself a controlled freak :lol:

mrtoad

Mickeyman819 said:
I dont consider anybody like that strange. I would prlly do that if i had the money to. Im in highschool and almost every essay that i have to write i usually write about the disney company or wdw. The other day we had to write a essay about an villan and the people that slay the villan. My villan was Eisner and the slayer was roy disney. Whenever i get up to read a essay all the class lets out a sigh b/c they kno that its gonna be about wdw. In fact my teacher told me the other day that she has learned more about disney since we have been in class than she has the rest of her life

When I was about 9 or 10 we had to write an auto-biography essay. Mine was called "Me, Me and Nothing but Me". The whole thing had to do with my time at WDW and how much my life revolved around it.

Both of my parents read it prior to my handing it in and both approved of it. That was pretty big considering I was about the worst student in the world. My teacher was not as thrilled with it. Gave me a C+ becuase it was too much about my time with Disney and not enough of everything else.

She obviously was not one of us....

disneygirl_wdw

Mickeyman819 said:

When I was in high school, my sophomore english teacher asked if I could write my papers on a different subject because they were all about Disney. :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ringo8n24 said:
This was a great thread to read. The cool thing to me is that I am so glad there are others that feel the same. It is great to have you guys to share these thoughts with. I am also tired of explaining to those who do not get it and feel I should not be this way. It is ok for them not to agree, but it is not ok to put me down for it. I am tired of explaining to my mom and dad why we do not go to someplace different on vacation so I told my husband we are going to try to go somewhere else next year. I am sure I will not be able to do that for a year, avoid WDW, but it made my parents happy. Wait until I call them to keep the dog again because we are going to Disney... :lol:

Send them a change of address with Cindi's Castle as the new residence....that ought to make em flip....

tigger248

wannab@dis said:
guess we all got the sickness! my favorite is... "you're going to disney again?!?!" They just don't get it!

I get that all the time too! My favorite was during my senior year of high school when we went to WDW for the millenium celebration. My parents took us out of school and we went in September. When some of the kids in my class asked where I was, I said Florida (my note to be excused just said it was family business, so I didn't exactly want my teachers to know what exactly my "family business" was. :lookaroun ). This girl asked why I didn't bring her a sea shell and then she thought I was nuts when I told her I hadn't been to the beach, but to WDW.

I was one of those CP's who never saw the ocean the entire 7 and a half months I was there! I went to the parks at every chance I got and bought what some may consider too much. Going down, my contour and my mom's sable had plenty of room. Coming home, we almost needed a uhaul. Seriously they rented a van and took the seats out and still the van and my contour were filled to the top! Complete with my gigantic (I think like 3 or 4 feet) Tigger wearing mouse ears in the back seat and waving at everyone I passed. I miss those days. :(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
My wife and I shipped seven (7) boxes of stuff back after our 14 day stay in 2002 for our honeymoon. Some of our family have asked us not to get Disney stuff for them for Christmas as they have gotten Disney oriented gifts the last two Christmases due to our November trips the last two years. I smiled and said, its a gift, I get to choose.

After our November 2003, we came back from florida with our Durango packed to the roof. I literally could not see out the back window. Furthermore, if I could get a mini freezer in my Durango, I would come back loaded down with premium Micky bars. WHY CANT YOU BUY THEM OUTSIDE THE PARKS???????

Jabarr

love of Disney

We love Disney also, my wife and I got married there! Her mother could not believe I wanted to but when we got back she said she was wrong!!! It has been pure MAGIC ever more. 7 years on Oct 14. We go a least 1 time a year. Now we have Premium Annual passes which will start on Nov. 29. So our love of Disney goes way back and will never run out.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Jabarr said:
We love Disney also, my wife and I got married there! Her mother could not believe I wanted to but when we got back she said she was wrong!!! It has been pure MAGIC ever more. 7 years on Oct 14. We go a least 1 time a year. Now we have Premium Annual passes which will start on Nov. 29. So our love of Disney goes way back and will never run out.

Our trip next year (Oct 2005) will be for ten (or more) days, so we are going to buy an annuel pass. Since the AP holders get perks on hotel discounts, we will be returning a number of times that year and will renew our AP's when they expire. When this happens, I am sure that we will get all kinds of charming criticism about "expanding our horizons" and "trying new experiences".

Pippa

Oh yes I agree Disney addiction is wonderful! I like to think of the money I earn as being my passport to a holiday at WDW, people say (when I mention my current countdown to the next trip) that I'm wishing my life away, but what a way to go!!!

mrtoad

Pippa said:
Oh yes I agree Disney addiction is wonderful! I like to think of the money I earn as being my passport to a holiday at WDW, people say (when I mention my current countdown to the next trip) that I'm wishing my life away, but what a way to go!!!

I agree, that whole wishing your life away thing is nonsense. It is good to have something to look forward to. That does not take away from the rest of your life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom