Gaston push up challenge...

Monkee Girl

He is so good (and good looking) I can't stand it. So glad some of these characters are getting a chance to 'be themselves.' I started seeing it with Peter Pan and now Gaston. They may not get the chance to walk freely like at Disneyland (love all those Pan/Hatter videos), but it's a start.

But I do agree that it is annoying to see people abuse it. What should be a fun, spur of the moment interaction always gets ruined by people trying to force the magical moment. Stop trying to stage everything and just let the interaction go naturally. I see things like pages giving tips on what to say, do, wear to certain restaurants to get a reaction and don't think it's a good idea. Then everyone does it and it gets old.

I love seeing these Gaston videos so I hope the magic doesn't get ruined by people trying to upstage him if that makes any sense.

Arthur Wellesley

What should be a fun, spur of the moment interaction always gets ruined by people trying to force the magical moment. Stop trying to stage everything and just let the interaction go naturally. I see things like pages giving tips on what to say, do, wear to certain restaurants to get a reaction and don't think it's a good idea. Then everyone does it and it gets old.
^THIS x10. Copycats are annoying, unimaginative, and just :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:. Like you said, they ruin something that was once special by overdoing it. I hope this doesn't happen with the push up thing. It was a one-time hilarious moment, and should stay as just that. If others start trying to do the same, eventually there will be more regulations on what the face characters can & cannot do.
The "Andy's Coming" thing was a prime example of how we as the general public can quickly go overboard.

Monkee Girl

Yes. I am seeing from the videos that he gets requests for arm wrestling. now, once in a while is cute, especially when it's with the lil ones. But can you imagine if every single person that comes up to him asks for a match?

My own experience is Whispering Canyon (I am sure you know where this is going, lol). My cousin, she's great but she falls into that category where if she sees something, she wants to do it. so every time we bring a party of 'newbies' she has to have them ask for ketchup. Now, goading them to ask for ketchup, to me, ruins the experience. Wait until someone generally needs it! I don't even think anyone at our table uses ketchup! But because it's 'the thing to do' we have to do it. Very annoying.

The best experience I have ever had with characters was when I met Pinocchio and Gepetto. I placed my bag down on the ground (who wants a photo with that in the shot?) and Pinocchio took it! Gepetto wagged his finger at him for being a bad boy. After that, Gepetto did a little dance with me. This all the while the photo pass guy is clicking away. I have the whole dance on photo form. Very cute and very fun. I miss them being out because Peter Pan and Pinocchio are my favorite characters. But anyway, just a little impromptu moment I will always cherished. Wasn't planned so it made it more special.

Matt_Black

Yes. I am seeing from the videos that he gets requests for arm wrestling. now, once in a while is cute, especially when it's with the lil ones. But can you imagine if every single person that comes up to him asks for a match?

My own experience is Whispering Canyon (I am sure you know where this is going, lol). My cousin, she's great but she falls into that category where if she sees something, she wants to do it. so every time we bring a party of 'newbies' she has to have them ask for ketchup. Now, goading them to ask for ketchup, to me, ruins the experience. Wait until someone generally needs it! I don't even think anyone at our table uses ketchup! But because it's 'the thing to do' we have to do it. Very annoying.

The best experience I have ever had with characters was when I met Pinocchio and Gepetto. I placed my bag down on the ground (who wants a photo with that in the shot?) and Pinocchio took it! Gepetto wagged his finger at him for being a bad boy. After that, Gepetto did a little dance with me. This all the while the photo pass guy is clicking away. I have the whole dance on photo form. Very cute and very fun. I miss them being out because Peter Pan and Pinocchio are my favorite characters. But anyway, just a little impromptu moment I will always cherished. Wasn't planned so it made it more special.

I had something similar happen with Pocahontas and Meeko. I put my bag down and Meeko goes right to it to sniff.

"There's no food in the- oh." I say as I remember the cookie from an earlier meal. Pocahontas and I then discuss Meeko's eating habits and how he steals all the nice food from Percy.

Monkee Girl

I had something similar happen with Pocahontas and Meeko. I put my bag down and Meeko goes right to it to sniff.

"There's no food in the- oh." I say as I remember the cookie from an earlier meal. Pocahontas and I then discuss Meeko's eating habits and how he steals all the nice food from Percy.

That's great! And to think the little rascal found something, lol

I also remembered another moment. We were having breakfast at Ohana's and my aunt called my grand mother so let her know we were 'eating in Hawaii'. Well, Mickey came over and stole the phone away and started 'talking' to gram over the phone. Totally caught my aunt off guard and she started laughing.

Gosh, my favorite being when my gram came with us for Easter and we had dinner at 1900 Park Fare. she thought Prince Charming was so handsome that she told him that to his face! At 79 years old, she didn't care. Well, he was just loving the attention and spend some extra time with her. Sat down and chatted with her for a few minutes. She told him she hadn't been to Disney since 1980. His responce: 'Yes, we've made some major improvements since we moved in. I hope you like it." He was so....charming, lol. My gram passed away the next April. But I will always remember her and Charming. That's the magic of the non planned character interactions.

Sorry, rattling on. I love my characters, lol

wdwjmp239

I concur, however, I have never seen a dude with that physique in Ironman competitions. Most, but not always, people with that muscle, are not known for doing hardcore cardio. I'm the opposite, I can bike and run, but I am good for about 40 pushups and then I'm done. I still give that CM huge props for the one armed push ups as well as being a great sport. That CM could probably bench me.

I'm a hardcore cardio person, as well. If I'm not doing half-century (at a minimum) rides on a bike, then I'm not happy. It's like you said, guys this size are not known for spending much time doing cardio. I go to the gym 4-5 nights/week and very rarely do you see anyone with real muscle mass spend anymore than 10 minutes on a treadmill/bike.

Now, if you ask me to do a push-up, I'd be lucky to give you 10 high quality push-ups (all the way down...all the way up). After that, don't bother me. I'll be on my Specialized Secteur Elite Disc bike 50 miles down the road. ;)

marissieviolissie

Great video, but like others say it would be nicer of people could make their own memories rather than the one and the same.

My favorite charactergreet was with Goofy at DHS where somehow Goofy and I ended up dancing together pretty wildly in front of a crowd. I so wish someone would have videod it for me or took a few pics, the camera crew just stood there not taking shots :( I'll have my memories though, maybe it's even better so there won't be no copycats...

Bairstow

a.aaa-No-fun-allowed..jpg

Monkee Girl

If true, that really sucks because of all the videos I have seen, he was one of, if not the THE, best. Leave it to people to ruin the fun. I can see them wanting to cut down SOME things if they really caused an issue but I believe suspensions go too far. It's not his fault he was recorded and a customer posted it on youtube and it went viral. He stayed in character the whole time and gave the guests something to remember. Getting 'in trouble' for doing your job is hilarious.

Just when I thought Disney was beginning to let their characters have a little more freedom :( I don't feel the characters should only stand in a line and pose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom