Game of Thrones - Season 5

OSUgirl77

Original Poster

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Are they back to following the books, or are the writers still diverting from them? They have to be getting close to catching up with them at this point...

Sansa is way off books anything you see with her is not in the books she is taking the place a a random girl that marries Ramsey in the books. Sansa doesn't really do anything in the books at this point so they combined her with a random character to keep her in the story.

Tyrion never meets Dany in the books (yet...he's been traveling to see her.....forever) so that is off book. But Dany's over all storyline is on book.

Hardhome (battle) happens off screen (so to speak) in the books and Jon Snow is not there he just hears of the aftermath. Most of Jon's/The Wall story is on book.

Arya is on book as is Margery and Cersei in prison storyline.

Dorne is on book mostly but with different characters taking the lead Jaime and Jora do not go in the book other characters are sent and the Sandsnakes have been condensed into 3 girls.

The problem with the last two book that Martin wrote is they cover the same time line. Just from different characters point of view. So you don't get much movement from some characters over the course of two books.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sansa is way off books anything you see with her is not in the books she is taking the place a a random girl that marries Ramsey in the books. Sansa doesn't really do anything in the books at this point so they combined her with a random character to keep her in the story.

Tyrion never meets Dany in the books (yet...he's been traveling to see her.....forever) so that is off book. But Dany's over all storyline is on book.

Hardhome (battle) happens off screen (so to speak) in the books and Jon Snow is not there he just hears of the aftermath. Most of Jon's/The Wall story is on book.

Dorne is on book mostly but with different characters taking the lead Jaime and Jora do not go in the book other characters are sent and the Sandsnakes have been condensed into 3 girls.

The problem with the last two book that Martin wrote is they cover the same time line. Just from different characters point of view. So you don't get much movement from some characters over the course of two books.
I've enjoyed that they don't stick exactly to the books.

OSUgirl77

Original Poster

Very interesting, thanks! I really need to start reading them before the next book comes out. Problem is finding the time right now...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Very interesting, thanks! I really need to start reading them before the next book comes out. Problem is finding the time right now...
I'm right there with you! I'm actually looking forward to the cruise cause I plan to read up the last book on that as the kiddo swims and I tan!

OSUgirl77

Original Poster
Borrow the audiobooks from the library, That's what I did. I listened to all the books over a summer as I ran errands, cleaned the house etc.
That's a good idea, at least to get caught up. I love reading, and prefer it to audio, but I'm never going to find the time to read all of them right now.

acishere

I'm actually really curious how they work that giant into things!
It will be interesting to see how he will fit in at Castle Black, literally and figuratively.

I'm also wondering how he got in that hut. There has to be a deleted scene of the giant crawling his way into that corner and accidentally standing up at one point to put that hole in the ceiling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom