Game of Thrones - Season 5

CaptainAmerica

I'm usually a book snob but last night's episode was absolutely fantastic and was completely off from the books. Brilliant episode all around.

The problem with the last two book that Martin wrote is they cover the same time line. Just from different characters point of view. So you don't get much movement from some characters over the course of two books.
Try reading Feast and Dance in chronological order by chapter. It's fantastic.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Spectacular episode. The show, IMO, has outdone the books. The last two books were a slog. Benioff and Weiss have sliced through the fog with aplomb. Discounting two weeks ago unearned, unneeded rape. Tyrion and Dany together is an awesome deviation. As is having Jon at Hardhome. I'm curious to see what they do with Jon's character now though. Martib seriously effed that up in his books, and I'm hoping the show avoids the mess he created.

CaptainAmerica

Spectacular episode. The show, IMO, has outdone the books. The last two books were a slog. Benioff and Weiss have sliced through the fog with aplomb. Discounting two weeks ago unearned, unneeded rape. Tyrion and Dany together is an awesome deviation. As is having Jon at Hardhome. I'm curious to see what they do with Jon's character now though. Martib seriously effed that up in his books, and I'm hoping the show avoids the mess he created.
Tyrion and Dany isn't a deviation, it's just early.

What don't you like about Jon Snow in the books? He's my favorite by far. The Letter is one of my favorite mysteries in the series.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Tyrion and Dany isn't a deviation, it's just early.

What don't you like about Jon Snow in the books? He's my favorite by far. The ******* Letter is one of my favorite mysteries in the series.

The timing of their meeting is the deviation. And it's smart, Martin dragged that out far too long.

I love Jon. What happens to his character is a huge misstep. IMO.

acishere

That's such a depressing thought. Ick.

Dany just needs to fly around on her dragon and burn up a whole heck of a lot of people...
Every scene in the North without Jon Snow has pretty much been misery pron this season. If Sunday nights weren't so chock full of shows I'd DVR it and start at 9:30 so I have a buffer to fast forward through those scenes.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Worst episode of the entire series last night. Complete butchery of Stannis' character.

Not so sure it is. On the making of part after the episode the writer says - "When George first told us about this....." I'm thinking we just saw something that will happen in the next book.

We need to remember that Stannis is a religious fanatic. He has been sacrificing people since we first saw him in season 2. It is a horrible scene but Stannis just has seemed good up until now when compared with all the other people we have been exposed too, plus the fact he hasn't killed anyone the audience has cared about. What do you think would have happened to Gendry if he hadn't escaped? Or any other of Robert's offspring he could have found? He also had no problem killing his own brother because he felt it was the right thing. What ever Stannis feels is right and honorable he does.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Not so sure it is. On the making of part after the episode the writer says - "When George first told us about this....." I'm thinking we just saw something that will happen in the next book.

We need to remember that Stannis is a religious fanatic. He has been sacrificing people since we first saw him in season 2. It is a horrible scene but Stannis just has seemed good up until now when compared with all the other people we have been exposed too, plus the fact he hasn't killed anyone the audience has cared about. What do you think would have happened to Gendry if he hadn't escaped? Or any other of Robert's offspring he could have found? He also had no problem killing his own brother because he felt it was the right thing. What ever Stannis feels is right and honorable he does.

Stannis' honor is a joke, IMO. Anyone that could kill his own brother is a POS. The purpose of that scene last night was to shake us from our complacency. We aren't supposed to be rooting for Stannis. He is a bad dude, making bad decisions, and destroying himself. Last nights episode showed us who we are supposed to be rooting for. Jon and Dany.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Here is the exact quote - "When George first told us about this, it was one of those times that I remember looking at Dan, and going, god, that's so horrible, and it's so good, because it all comes together in a story sense. From the very first time we meet Stannis and Melisandre, they are sacrificing and talking about king's blood, and the power it contains, and it all leads to this, to the sacrificing of Shireen."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom