Future Imagineer's Brainstorm Sessions

michmousefan

Once the Legacy stones are removed from Epcot's entrance, some nicely improved greenery might lend itself to a seasonal temporary maze of sorts. Or it could also be a formal, more permanent "maze of discovery" where short walks would lead you through the process that some discoverer/inventor followed, leading to the eventual "solution" at the center of the maze. Sort of setting you up for the themes of discovery and innovation around Future World.

But... a maze right in front... as the first thing a guest sees, might also be confusing and a large roadblock for first-timers, especially. If the mazes were in the front of the park there... I wouldn't open them until noon or so, so as to keep traffic flowing in the first part of the day. BUT, if you extended the theme of greenery mazes all the way through the fountain of nations plaza, you could have a bunch of smaller, little diversion mazes to explore.

kmbmw777

Once the Legacy stones are removed from Epcot's entrance, some nicely improved greenery might lend itself to a seasonal temporary maze of sorts. Or it could also be a formal, more permanent "maze of discovery" where short walks would lead you through the process that some discoverer/inventor followed, leading to the eventual "solution" at the center of the maze. Sort of setting you up for the themes of discovery and innovation around Future World.

But... a maze right in front... as the first thing a guest sees, might also be confusing and a large roadblock for first-timers, especially. If the mazes were in the front of the park there... I wouldn't open them until noon or so, so as to keep traffic flowing in the first part of the day. BUT, if you extended the theme of greenery mazes all the way through the fountain of nations plaza, you could have a bunch of smaller, little diversion mazes to explore.
Rather than a maze what if we just made a grand old entrance. Here's a bunch of photos from world's fairs which could provide with inspiration.
gpsfworldfairletterboxed.jpg

hith-1964-worlds-fair-E.jpeg

Basically, I am a huge fan of just making this area into a giant green space.

Also, the tombstones can be moved to the side of the space, creating sort of fence?

StevenU

I love this!

spacemt354

Chili's

Rather than a maze what if we just made a grand old entrance. Here's a bunch of photos from world's fairs which could provide with inspiration.

Also, the tombstones can be moved to the side of the space, creating sort of fence?
Lol well my 10 year old self is actually one one of the "tombstones" :p But I do agree with moving them somewhere else and opening up the entrance to a "green space" -- I'm on board!

CraniumCommand89

World's Fair entrance is a great touch. Better than the concrete jungle.

OvertheHorizon

If I recall, @OvertheHorizon had a really neat idea for an Extinct Attractions Pavilion in Epcot!

I remember it being very interesting maybe he could elaborate on it here!:)

As requested. Thanks for asking.
upload_2017-3-6_11-32-21.png

Dreamer’s Workshop: The Legacy of Disney Imagineering

In 1999, WDW offered guests the opportunity to “Leave a Legacy” on granite megaliths in front of Spaceship Earth at Epcot, under an agreement permitting an eventual moving of them. I’m suggesting relocating them to the entry of a NEW Future World pavilion (located between The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends) called Dreamer’s Workshop: The Legacy of Disney Imagineering – a walk-through experience, filled with exhibits/videos from former Epcot attractions, thus allowing us to re-experience those memories we all loved while at the same time celebrating the work Disney Imagineers. Enter the pavilion listening to the music of Epcot Center, as we walk past a full-scale mock-up of the desert farm from Horizons and smell the oranges (deep breath), then view Horizons' Omnimax movie, behold the Magic Palette from the original Journey Into Imaginations, walk past vignettes from World of Motion, or watch Kitchen Kabaret’s Veggies and Fruits strut their stuff. Wouldn't it be great to board “hydrolators” once again, or pass through Imagination’s rainbow light corridor, on our way to watching videos of the opening from The Living Seas, or Ellen competing on Energy Jeopardy? Finally, interspersed throughout the pavilion are models, plans and renderings from the original Epcot designs, in further celebration of Walt Disney Imagineers.

spacemt354

Chili's
I have a brainstorming topic that I thought I'd share - and it's inspired by Edison Sqaure.

Edison Square was intended to be an extension of Main Street USA in Disneyland, and got pretty far into the planning, at least conceptually, until it was removed.
D23_UDC_EdisonSquare1.jpg

The brainstorming topic I was thinking of was, Main Street in WDW tends to get overcrowded with fireworks and especially during peak seasons. I think an auxiliary street would be good for traffic flow, and also add a bit of Disney charm to a street that has become more commercial over the years.

Other than Edison Square, what would be your suggestions for a secondary 'Main Street' ?:bookworm:

GotsFancyPants

How about Beijing? It wouldn't open until Shanghai's second park opens though.
No, there are already enough Disneyland resorts in that area.

Two options come to mind; Australia and Texas.
Hmm. I like the sound of Australia. They have a similar culture to America, so there would be no learning curve for fitting in with the culture. Do you think Melbourne would be a good place?

spacemt354

Chili's
No, there are already enough Disneyland resorts in that area.

Hmm. I like the sound of Australia. They have a similar culture to America, so there would be no learning curve for fitting in with the culture. Do you think Melbourne would be a good place?
I actually second the Beijing suggestion. There are so many people in China that it would actually make sense.

We just did Sydney Disneyland, that would be my go to as an option

GotsFancyPants

Just curious what is the reasoning behind that?
I was researching about tourism in Australia and I thought it said the most popular place was New Zealand, but I realized that meant the most popular place that tourists come from. I just deleted the quote, actually.

I think I'll go with Gold Coast, Australia, since that place is known for theme parks, unless you guys have another spot in Australia that would be good besides Sydney (I want to try a new location, no offense @spacemt354).

spacemt354

Chili's
I was researching about tourism in Australia and I thought it said the most popular place was New Zealand, but I realized that meant the most popular place that tourists come from. I just deleted the quote, actually.

I think I'll go with Gold Coast, Australia, since that place is known for theme parks, unless you guys have another spot in Australia that would be good besides Sydney (I want to try a new location, no offense @spacemt354).
Well its your park you can put it wherever you want!

GotsFancyPants

Well its your park you can put it wherever you want!
I guess it's settled than. Gold Coast it is!

I have a brainstorming topic that I thought I'd share - and it's inspired by Edison Sqaure.

Edison Square was intended to be an extension of Main Street USA in Disneyland, and got pretty far into the planning, at least conceptually, until it was removed.
D23_UDC_EdisonSquare1.jpg

The brainstorming topic I was thinking of was, Main Street in WDW tends to get overcrowded with fireworks and especially during peak seasons. I think an auxiliary street would be good for traffic flow, and also add a bit of Disney charm to a street that has become more commercial over the years.

Other than Edison Square, what would be your suggestions for a secondary 'Main Street' ?:bookworm:

What about a subland similar to the victorian NYC streets in American Waterfront at DisneySea?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom