Funny DW stories you'd like to share?

Geekella

Original Poster
A hilarious interaction with a character?
A harmless but funny accident that occurred on your trip?
Something you saw during your trip that had you in stitches?

I LOVE funny stories of people's personal experiences! Please share with me!

jw5288

I've had a few funny interactions with characters. Goofy and I shook hands like crazy, Donald jumped in front of me during a dance party and we shook our tail feathers, Sang the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers theme to Chip and he got all excited, Max Goof did the perfect cast, scratched Pluto's ear and he started thumping his foot. I like playing along with the characters because I know they enjoy that sometimes more than just posing for pics and autographs.

Geekella

Original Poster
I've had a few funny interactions with characters. Goofy and I shook hands like crazy, Donald jumped in front of me during a dance party and we shook our tail feathers, Sang the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers theme to Chip and he got all excited, Max Goof did the perfect cast, scratched Pluto's ear and he started thumping his foot. I like playing along with the characters because I know they enjoy that sometimes more than just posing for pics and autographs.
Haha awesome!!

belledream

209.JPG

Thanks to an spontaneous FL monsoon, we got to witness this hilarious and quite adorable moment.

danitaytay

When I was in middle school and we went to Disney with my cousins, we were in HS by Pizza Planet and my mom and aunt had gone to the bathroom but I didn't realize they had. My sister had run off because she wanted to go see the Muppet Fountain and I saw from behind what looked like my aunt so like a lunatic I started screaming her name but she wasn't answering so I ran up to her and kept tapping her shoulder because I thought she didn't hear me but then this lady turned around [who oddly did look a lot like my aunt] and gave me the scariest look that sent me running in the opposite direction. It was so embarrassing but my cousins and family got the biggest laugh out of it.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I was at Disney World with my Dad and younger siblings in October of 2012. We were back at the Art of Animation. I had come back from picking up a package at the gift shop. I went into the wrong Lion King building. Oops.

mf1972

back when there was a McDonald's fries kiosk in MK, I bought some for my wife & I. on my way back, I was swarmed by some brave birds & they went for the fries.
totally caught me off guard & dropped them both. got some big laughs from pretty much everyone in the area, myself included.
the CM was nice enough to give me another order for free.

Spikerdink

A few years back a friend and I were at WDW and had reservations for Akershus. The Princesses are making their rounds saying hello, and we would take a photo with each, chat, rinse, repeat. After a bit, Prince Charming and Cinderella come by. My friend jumps up and says, "Take a picture with me!" With that, he hands the camera to Cinderella and wraps his arm around Charming. Cinderella looks befuddled and doesn't know what to do. She asks if she should get someone to take the picture so that she could be in it too. My friend looks right at her and says, "No, just the boys, take the picture". Cinderella looked around, didn't know what to do, as no one seemed to want to exclude her from the photo. We ended up with a picture of just the three guys. Every time I see it I still laugh about how Andres was a bigger princess than Cinderella.

Ben_since_1971

Wife and I were in Tomorrowland. I went to go get a couple FP for Buzz while she headed over to CoP. She entered the ride thinking I would be right behind her. Imagine her surprise when they closed the door and she rode it solo!! I had a brief panic when I couldn't find her and wouldn't believe she would be on the ride by herself (she is terrible with directions and I thought she got lost). We still joke about it to this day.

Killnme

I was mimicking the sea gulls outside of Nemo one time and a lady goes "wow you really sound like them". I said thanks and kept walking. My buddy told the lady the reason I sounded like them was because, I provided the voices for the movie. She ran back up to me and asked for my autograph I said sure but we had to keep walking. I ran into her at the Rose and Crown and she bought me a beer. It was great!

Princess_AmyK

Once me and my step dad were standing outside the bathrooms in fantasy land for my step sister to finish up when he suddenly decided to let one rip thinking it would be silent. He also forgot to look for anyone being close by. Of course, his toot was more of an earth quake and smelled absolutely horrible. I yelled at him and pointed behind him. When he turned around to look, there was a lady holding her sleeping baby directly behind him and at eye level with his buttocks. She looked mortified and pulled her baby closer to her as if to protect it from the stench. My step dad apologized and to this day we never let him live down the time he farted on a sweet lady and her poor child. How rude!

mergatroid

Posted this before in this thread, but I've just copied it here as follows

I was over in Orlando for a few days doing something for my dad (not a vacation) but luckily got a day spare so popped into the Magic Kingdom by myself. I was enjoying myself and decided to have a spot of lunch at Cosmic Rays. Anyhow as I was eating my burger this gentleman approached me, smiled and asked if I minded him sharing my table. I found it odd as there were other empty tables, but said "no, not at all" and he sat down. After a bit of polite chat about myself I asked him what brought him to Disney that day? And then the fun began.

"Actually I own Disney World but don't tell everyone or they'll be wanting free stuff from me" was his reply. I sat there in that moment where you realise that there's something strange going on and thinking "why me and how do I get out of this". He then continued to explain that he was a Disney family member and that even though it was a secret, he really owned the company but didn't want the fame and so only told those he felt were "honest Disney guests" who he sensed "wouldn't tell". He seemed harmless enough so I politely chatted whilst planning my emergency escape route and wondering how effective my plastic knife would be if it came to blows (I decided not very and decided mustard in the eyes would do more damage).

Then as I finished my burger he insisted he get me a free desert. I agreed as I thought this would be interesting and he walked to a staff member at the till. He quietly spoke to them and they took no money and motioned him to the counter where he collected two cakes and brought them over! He said he gets everything free as he owns it all anyway and I began to wonder if I was on a hidden camera show. He then proceeded to warn me of the illegal immigrants that lived at Typhoon Lagoon but not to worry as the army were being brought in at night to hunt them down and flush them out. After finishing my cake I thanked him but said I really had to go and he then said "Here you go and enjoy my parks" and handed me six 'Anytime fast passes'. I thanked him and left bewildered and to my amazement discovered all six were accepted that afternoon, no questions asked :eek:

So if a Jesus lookalike calling himself 'John' approaches you in the parks, you never know, you may get a free desert and fast passes (or possibly murdered, it could go either way).

Geekella

Original Poster

I was over in Orlando for a few days doing something for my dad (not a vacation) but luckily got a day spare so popped into the Magic Kingdom by myself. I was enjoying myself and decided to have a spot of lunch at Cosmic Rays. Anyhow as I was eating my burger this gentleman approached me, smiled and asked if I minded him sharing my table. I found it odd as there were other empty tables, but said "no, not at all" and he sat down. After a bit of polite chat about myself I asked him what brought him to Disney that day? And then the fun began.

"Actually I own Disney World but don't tell everyone or they'll be wanting free stuff from me" was his reply. I sat there in that moment where you realise that there's something strange going on and thinking "why me and how do I get out of this". He then continued to explain that he was a Disney family member and that even though it was a secret, he really owned the company but didn't want the fame and so only told those he felt were "honest Disney guests" who he sensed "wouldn't tell". He seemed harmless enough so I politely chatted whilst planning my emergency escape route and wondering how effective my plastic knife would be if it came to blows (I decided not very and decided mustard in the eyes would do more damage).

Then as I finished my burger he insisted he get me a free desert. I agreed as I thought this would be interesting and he walked to a staff member at the till. He quietly spoke to them and they took no money and motioned him to the counter where he collected two cakes and brought them over! He said he gets everything free as he owns it all anyway and I began to wonder if I was on a hidden camera show. He then proceeded to warn me of the illegal immigrants that lived at Typhoon Lagoon but not to worry as the army were being brought in at night to hunt them down and flush them out. After finishing my cake I thanked him but said I really had to go and he then said "Here you go and enjoy my parks" and handed me six 'Anytime fast passes'. I thanked him and left bewildered and to my amazement discovered all six were accepted that afternoon, no questions asked :eek:

So if a Jesus lookalike calling himself 'John' approaches you in the parks, you never know, you may get a free desert and fast passes (or possibly murdered, it could go either way).
Wooooooooow that is crazy and amazing at the same time!!!

I don't care if this story is true or not. I like it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom