Funny DW stories you'd like to share?

Mandy M.

Once when I was staying at the CBR I was having a major bed bug paranoia moment. I was alone at the room, doing laundry, when I noticed a couple small brown spots on the sheets on one of the beds. I immediately thought we may have bed bugs and called the front desk for them to investigate. About 10 minutes later, a very nervous head of housekeeping, head of pest control and resort manager showed up at my door. They proceeded to tear apart the beds, with me watching, to look. Needless to say there were none. I told my family later and my daughter confessed to using a brown marker in bed and making the spots by accident. I felt so bad for the housekeeper, she looked terrified.

Doug Means

When my son was 4 we were standing in the queue for the Kali River Rapids. he had been holding my hand but walked over and was looking at some of the neat stuff in the queue. the line moved up about 12 feet and he just backed up back into the line where i was a minute before and reached up and grabbed some mans hand. the man just played along and the line moved up a few more feet, and my son finally looked up to say something to me. the look on his face, panic and who are you, and how fast he turned to try and find me, was just great. everyone around was watching. we all got a good laugh out of it, including my son.

Mal

This past February, my roommate, my friend who's a CP, and I visited Mickey at Town Square Theater for the first time since he has now started talking. I thought I was mentally prepared for this interaction, but still, even as an almost 30 year old woman, we walked around the corner into the room, and I saw Mickey talking to the guests ahead of us, and I was STARSTRUCK, like, "OMGIT'SMICKEYMOUSEANDHEISGOINGTOTALKTOME!" So when it gets to be our turn, Mickey walks up to the queue to bring us to the meeting space, and he's saying his "Hello!"s and "Great to see ya!"s and "I was hoping I'd see you today!"s and it's magical. MAGICAL, I tell you. Then, he gets to my roommate, and the greatest thing that could have ever happened... happened. He takes her by the hand and declares to the room, "It's your birthday!" followed by an awkward silence from the three of us before we go, "Yes!"

It is NOT her birthday. Not even close. And she's not wearing any celebratory buttons that might could be mistaken for a birthday button. We have no idea why he thought it was her birthday, but come on, are you going to tell Mickey Freaking Mouse that it is NOT your birthday once he hath declared it so? I don't think so. Even the photopass photographer is eyeing us and says to my CP friend and I, "It's her birthday?" very quietly, and we nod nervously like, "Please do not rat us out to Mickey Mouse. OF COURSE it is her birthday!" So we get our handshakes and hugs, and Mickey DECLARES to the room once more, "Let's all sing Happy Birthday!" Holy. Geez. My CP friend and I are DYING. So Mickey, the two of us, all the photopass and attendant folks, and the short queue in the room sing Happy Birthday to my roommate whose birthday it definitely is NOT. Greatest thing ever. After we take our pictures, we turn to leave, and Mickey tells her, "Thank you for sharing your special day with me!"

This whole thing happened somewhere around 6pm on a night where we stayed in the Kingdom until well past midnight, and literally every time there was a silence in our group of three, one of us would declare, "IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" in our best Mickey voice. It is now my absolute favorite Disney memory, and I cannot help but laugh until I am almost to tears every time we talk about it. And that's the story of how my roommate now has two birthdays, one in February, and her actual date of birth in October.

Last edited:

hanwill

I saw a grandmother (a young one) riding the race cars at the MK... She was a young grandmother trying to look young, because she had a wig on that didn't fit very well. Well, her grandson behind her... you guessed it, rear-ended her car, and her wig flew off in her lap. She quickly tried to put it on, but did it sideways. We were on the ramp above her, and I thought the people around us were going to cry. It was so funny. Luckily, she and her grandson were laughing too. It was hysterical.

Lampost

This past February, my roommate, my friend who's a CP, and I visited Mickey at Town Square Theater for the first time since he has now started talking. I thought I was mentally prepared for this interaction, but still, even as an almost 30 year old woman, we walked around the corner into the room, and I saw Mickey talking to the guests ahead of us, and I was STARSTRUCK, like, "OMGIT'SMICKEYMOUSEANDHEISGOINGTOTALKTOME!" So when it gets to be our turn, Mickey walks up to the queue to bring us to the meeting space, and he's saying his "Hello!"s and "Great to see ya!"s and "I was hoping I'd see you today!"s and it's magical. MAGICAL, I tell you. Then, he gets to my roommate, and the greatest thing that could have ever happened... happened. He takes her by the hand and declares to the room, "It's your birthday!" followed by an awkward silence from the three of us before we go, "Yes!"

It is NOT her birthday. Not even close. And she's not wearing any celebratory buttons that might could be mistaken for a birthday button. We have no idea why he thought it was her birthday, but come on, are you going to tell Mickey Freaking Mouse that it is NOT your birthday once he hath declared it so? I don't think so. Even the photopass photographer is eyeing us and says to my CP friend and I, "It's her birthday?" very quietly, and we nod nervously like, "Please do not rat us out to Mickey Mouse. OF COURSE it is her birthday!" So we get our handshakes and hugs, and Mickey DECLARES to the room once more, "Let's all sing Happy Birthday!" Holy. Geez. My CP friend and I are DYING. So Mickey, the two of us, all the photopass and attendant folks, and the short queue in the room sing Happy Birthday to my roommate whose birthday it definitely is NOT. Greatest thing ever. After we take our pictures, we turn to leave, and Mickey tells her, "Thank you for sharing your special day with me!"

This whole thing happened somewhere around 6pm on a night where we stayed in the Kingdom until well past midnight, and literally every time there was a silence in our group of three, one of us would declare, "IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" in our best Mickey voice. It is now my absolute favorite Disney memory, and I cannot help but laugh until I am almost to tears every time we talk about it. And that's the story of how my roommate now has two birthdays, one in February, and her actual date of birth in October.

That is hilarious. I'm assuming the 'little voice in his head' pressed the wrong button.

mimitchi33

Here are some from my recent trip:
  • At the Frozen show at Hollywood Studios, a lot of funny things happend. When Anna asked where her sister was, the guy next to me laughed for no reason. During "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?", Aira, one of the storytellers at the show, yelled "What? They (Anna and Elsa's parents) died just like in Bambi, The Lion King and The Princess and the Frog? You've got to be kidding!" At another point in the show, they claimed that the people at the coorination party danced all night...and then they did the Chicken Dance.
  • When I met Joy and Sadness at the EPCOT Character Spot and showed them my plush Bing Bong, Joy picked him up and pretended to kiss him.
  • When I was on Journey Into Imagination with Figment, a little girl in front of me dressed as Minnie Mouse was eating a lollipop. During the Smell Lab scene, she was so scared by Figment's skunk form that she dropped her lollipop in the vehicle!
  • At 1900 Park Fare's Cinderella dinner, only two people clapped when Lady Tremmaine came out, and she asked "What? Only two people clapped for me? I'm not impressed!", which made everyone laugh. They had to do the whole thing over again.

bugsbunny

While at Disneyland walking through a space technology exhibit in Tomorrowland, I observed a beautiful woman in her early 20's and her studly GQ boyfriend next to me at the next exhibit. The 2 of them are talking rather loudly and just about making a scene as they began to argue over how far away the moon is. Really, these 2 look like they just stepped out of the pages of a glamour magazine, plus her cleavage is just hanging completely out, and they are arguing over scientific data in a manner that it was pretty obvious nether one of them could spell cat if you spotted them 2 of the letters. It was amusing and all I could do was eavesdrop by default and chuckle.

The main sticking point of their loud argument was that he was adamant that the Moon was "not that far away" given how "big" it was in the sky, so it must be close. Yes, a grown man is saying this...proudly and loudly in a verbal beat down to his woman that she doesn't have a clue.

She didn't know the answer, but at least she wasn't buying it. They both turn and look at me for at this point, I'm not eavesdropping, I'm full on hovering just outside their animated conversation along with some other people.

Woman (points at me): Hey you, you look smart. Will you tell my boyfriend that the Moon is far away?
Man: Dude! No way it's further than 500 miles away. 1000...tops!! Look how big it is!
Me (trying not to laugh nor stare at her gifts): 500 miles?? Chicago is like 1500 miles from here. You really think the Moon is closer than Chicago? I hate to break it to you, but the Moon is like 250-260,000 miles away depending on apogee of the orbit.

They both look at each other with obvious disgust and I can see her mouthing the word "apogee" as if trying to figure out if I made that up or not.

Man: " does Chicago have to do with it? We're talking about the Moon"

They both walk away with him saying I don't know I'm talking about and they continue bickering back and forth calling each other f#$%ing idiots.

That day I learned 1st hand that the American education system is in some serious trouble. 500 miles to the Moon? LMAO

danyoung56

I turned 40 in the World some years ago. I had recently learned to scuba dive, and did my first official dive in the Living Seas. After that incredible experience I had an excellent dinner in the Coral Reef, some great martinis from the Rose & Crown, and then a showing of IllumiNations. It had been a great day, and I stopped at the Centorium (now Mouse Gears) to look around a little on my way out. Ahead of me was Pluto playing with some kids, stealing their hats and running away, etc. I was standing next to his handler, and I mentioned to her that it had been a great birthday. The next thing I knew, Pluto was taking me by the hand and making me stand up on a bench, while the cast member explained that "Pluto wants you all to sing Happy Birthday to Dan!" And there I was, standing on a bench, while Pluto and 20 people I didn't know sang Happy Birthday to me. What an incredible end to a great day!

wdwfan4ver

It happened with a person walking in a table service Restaurant located in a resort. What happened was belt broke while walking to the table and pants fell down.

Geekella

Original Poster
One of the funniest things I've seen is a couple fighting outside of Pirates. I don't know what set it off and didn't hear most of the conversation, but it ended with the girl yelling at the top of her lungs "WE ARE NOT BREAKING UP AT DISNEY" and then storming off to get in the line. The guy just looked around, shrugged to himself, and followed her inside.
LOL!

The Mighty Tim

My funny story is actually in my trip report from 2012. It involves an amusing interaction I had with a Cast Member whilst waiting for a bus back from Downtown Disney to my resort. I'll copy and paste the relevant part here:

Whilst waiting at the bus stop, a cast member walked over to us. No doubt having seen the glazed look in my eyes, due to the combination of Disney magic, excitement and a half a pitcher of P37 beer, he strikes up a conversation with me, which went as follows:

Cast Member: So, where are you from?
Me: England.
Cast Member: Oh.
Me: You sound disappointed.
Cast Member: I've got some questions for you.
Me: Oh really?
Cast Member: Yeah. Say "silk".
Me: (thinking it was one of those "you-Brits-say-words-funny" conversations). Uh...silk.
Cast Member: Say it again.
Me: Silk.
Cast Member: And again.
Me: Silk.
Cast Member: What do cows drink?
Me: (thinking: I know where this is going...) Water!
Cast Member: (surprised). Very good. OK, here's another one. Spell "boast".
Me: (thinking: so, he thinks he can match wits with me, does he?) B-O-A-S-T.
Cast Member: Spell "roast".
Me: R-O-A-S-T.
Cast Member: Spell "coast".
Me: C-O-A-S-T.
Cast Member: What do you put in a toaster?
Me: (thinking: I know this one...) Bread.
Cast Member: (disappointedly). Oh, you know that one too. OK, I've got another one. How would you pronounce T-W-A?
Me: Twah.
Cast Member: T-W-E?
Me: Twee.
Cast Member: T-W-I?
Me: Twi.
Cast Member: T-W-O?
Me: 2.

At that point, the cast member, obviously disappoined, walks off without another word. I turn to my brother and say "was I just administered some weird Disney sobreity test?".

SyracuseDisneyFan

I went to Disney World in October of 2012 with my Dad and younger siblings. We were spending our last night at DHS. We were on Tower of Terror. I was screaming like a girl, according to my Dad.

matt9112

Any time someone complains about a bottle of water being $3 makes me laugh

I think it's 2.75 in some spots haha

On Tower of terror I always have the same facial expression and compared to the rest of the elevator car I look like I'm going to die. My son is 5 and he has no issues with it at all and I scream from before first drop (when you feel the heat as you enter drop shaft) until the basement. I continue to scream even when it pauses for drops ect

The Mighty Tim

Another funny story involved the Buzz Lightyear camera catching me trying to cheat on the ride:

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7457043745_zpsw27pflmw.jpeg

AndyS2992

I fell in a bush at Winter Summerland trying to get my ball back and couldn't get back out back in September :rolleyes: Never going to live that one down. Or the time I tripped on nothing and fell flat on my face walking down a crowded Sunset Blvd at DHS :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom