Trip Report Fun With Friends & Family!!

Starting this TR is LOOOOONG overdue!! It's actually been hanging over me like a dark cloud for quite some time. I've wanted to start it but, you know, life, work & a few Disney trips in the mix get in the way!! Speaking of Disney, I don't know what is possessing me to start this now considering I'm heading down on Friday so that will put this on hold for a bit!! If only I(& my phone battery) had it in me to do live TR's it might make these more timely!!

WHEN: Thursday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 1st
Yep, I'm going to take you back to the fall/Halloween decorations time period!! It feels like forever ago(I guess b/c it was!!) It feels so strange talking about this when earlier this month I was able to ride Tron during the AP preview period. By the time I get to that one it will definitely be "old news"!!

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Preferred 1BR Villa(@Darstarr😘)
IMG_6348.JPEG

WHO:
Our super fun friends!!
@lindawdw & her husband!!
IMG_6431.JPEG

Our super fun family!!
I think you know us by now but as a refresher--
Niece E, Sister E, Sister C(funny, it makes them sound like they are nuns!!🤣), BIL D, Niece A, Nephew J and yours truly!!
IMG_6538.JPEG

Remember at the end of our last trip where Happy Limo forgot about us?? Yeah, me too. I really did not want to use their service ever again after that. But, unfortunately, we already had it booked for this trip so we decided to still go with them. I'm happy to report that they must have learned a lesson b/c the texts from them were a bit overkill compared to our past trips. I got this one the night before we left--
IMG_6297.PNG

Then this one a few minutes later--
IMG_6298.PNG

As you can see even though they have left a bad taste in my mouth I was still cordial!!

We had an evening flight on Thursday. We left after J got home from school. Their Halloween party was that day & I asked him what his costume was supposed to be. He told me he was dressed as "a cool kid."
IMG_6304.JPEG

While E parked the car J & I had headed through security where my suitcase had to be searched. I'll fill you in later as to what I was carrying that was so bad!!
IMG_6303.JPEG

He & I got a table at Friday's & ordered while we waited for E to get there.
IMG_6310.JPEG

Cool kid wanted to sit with me on the plane!!
IMG_6313.JPEG

During the flight I got yet another message from Happy Limo. This message confirmed who I thought would be our driver. I told E & J to be prepared. He was my driver once the year before. He loves to talk like Donald Duck. Don't get me wrong he's very good but imagine me being in a car(a grown woman) with a grown man who's talking to me in a Donald Duck voice. It was nothing short of AWKWARD!!!
So, on this run, we tried to keep the conversation flowing so the opportunity didn't come up. Knowing that he does this(@Doc Disney can attest) I could tell he was anxiously awaiting his chance to start. And boy, did he ever!! The rest of the way there!! Once we parted ways with him E was just shaking her head. I again reiterated about how I felt being in a car with just he & I!!

IMG_6320.PNG

BrerWayne

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

Even though we endured a lot on the ride at least I was able to get probably the best(even though they are blurry) pictures of the sign that I ever have!!
View attachment 706474

View attachment 706475

While we were at the Pittsburgh airport we received the room ready text.
View attachment 706473

Hello Saratoga Springs!!
View attachment 706476

View attachment 706468

View attachment 706472

J quickly claimed the murphy bed so he & E slept in the living room area.
View attachment 706477

I got the bedroom & a little bit more than I bargained for.
View attachment 706470

This!! o_O 😱😲
View attachment 706471
No, it's not mine. Now, not that I expect that housekeeping is going to wipe down the inside of the drawers but don't you think they should go through them after a guest checks out? Then my mind really started wandering. How long had it actually been there??
See, I normally don't use the drawers. Not that I'm afraid that I'm going to leave something behind(like this poor soul did) but it almost feels like I'm putting my clothes in a public place. I know, I'm a bit strange. Since this wasn't a super short trip there were a couple of things that I did feel the need to put in the drawer. Lesson learned, I'll probably never do that again!!

I'm sorry if this is TMI but the funnier thing was for a minute I was puzzled. I know from the tag(& no, I didn't touch it) that it is from Victoria's Secret. And how do you think I know that?? Obviously, I have a few myself!! Therefore, during my puzzled moment I started second guessing if I had absentmindedly put it in the drawer myself!!🤣 Once I looked in my suitcase it reaffirmed that I hadn't!!

What are the chances that it's still there.....🤔
Just imagine the poor woman that had to go through TSA free girling it.

BrerWayne

Starting this TR is LOOOOONG overdue!! It's actually been hanging over me like a dark cloud for quite some time. I've wanted to start it but, you know, life, work & a few Disney trips in the mix get in the way!! Speaking of Disney, I don't know what is possessing me to start this now considering I'm heading down on Friday so that will put this on hold for a bit!! If only I(& my phone battery) had it in me to do live TR's it might make these more timely!!

WHEN: Thursday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 1st
Yep, I'm going to take you back to the fall/Halloween decorations time period!! It feels like forever ago(I guess b/c it was!!) It feels so strange talking about this when earlier this month I was able to ride Tron during the AP preview period. By the time I get to that one it will definitely be "old news"!!

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Preferred 1BR Villa(@Darstarr😘)
View attachment 706456

WHO:
Our super fun friends!!
@lindawdw & her husband!!
View attachment 706448

Our super fun family!!
I think you know us by now but as a refresher--
Niece E, Sister E, Sister C(funny, it makes them sound like they are nuns!!🤣), BIL D, Niece A, Nephew J and yours truly!!
View attachment 706449

Remember at the end of our last trip where Happy Limo forgot about us?? Yeah, me too. I really did not want to use their service ever again after that. But, unfortunately, we already had it booked for this trip so we decided to still go with them. I'm happy to report that they must have learned a lesson b/c the texts from them were a bit overkill compared to our past trips. I got this one the night before we left--
View attachment 706450

Then this one a few minutes later--
View attachment 706451
As you can see even though they have left a bad taste in my mouth I was still cordial!!

We had an evening flight on Thursday. We left after J got home from school. Their Halloween party was that day & I asked him what his costume was supposed to be. He told me he was dressed as "a cool kid."
View attachment 706452

While E parked the car J & I had headed through security where my suitcase had to be searched. I'll fill you in later as to what I was carrying that was so bad!!
View attachment 706460

He & I got a table at Friday's & ordered while we waited for E to get there.
View attachment 706457

Cool kid wanted to sit with me on the plane!!
View attachment 706454

During the flight I got yet another message from Happy Limo. This message confirmed who I thought would be our driver. I told E & J to be prepared. He was my driver once the year before. He loves to talk like Donald Duck. Don't get me wrong he's very good but imagine me being in a car(a grown woman) with a grown man who's talking to me in a Donald Duck voice. It was nothing short of AWKWARD!!!
So, on this run, we tried to keep the conversation flowing so the opportunity didn't come up. Knowing that he does this(@Doc Disney can attest) I could tell he was anxiously awaiting his chance to start. And boy, did he ever!! The rest of the way there!! Once we parted ways with him E was just shaking her head. I again reiterated about how I felt being in a car with just he & I!!

View attachment 706455
Wow, J is growing up so fast. Won’t be long until you are taking him to the Art of Shaving.

riverside

Original Poster
YAY, first in - so excited that you began this TR!!!
So Excited Kermit GIF by MOODMAN
Love J's "cool kid" Halloween costume. 🤣 He's a cool kid even without the cool shades! Your driver sounds like a real character (no pun intended)! 🤣 Sounds like you were off to a great start on this trip.
I'm glad I finally started it too!! That driver was something else--made me feel totally awkward!! It was a great start--too bad it didn't end that way!!
Definitely following. Love your TR's. I'm number 2! I try harder.
Thank you so much!! It's all good!!
Will enjoy reading this one. Still b****d that we didn't manage to meet up during the time our trips overlapped.:(
Thank you!! I'm disappointed also. To be so close & not be able to make it happen stinks. That last day was pretty rough, unfortunately.
Excited to follow along! I can’t imagine having to put up with a Donald impersonation allll the way to WDW from the airport. 😬
Thank you!! It was painful!!
How…? Why was it in there by itself? Did the prior occupant not notice when they were packing everything from the drawer? That’s so random!
It was so strange. I kept thinking what it wasn't the prior guests?? Who knows how long it was in there!!
This Is Us Lol GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

So excited to hear more!
Thank you!! Glad you're here!!
We have never stayed at SSR being DVC members because it just feels so spread out, but I do love the new refurbishment that they did on the rooms and your TR's are making me warm up to the location and ambiance! Are you heading over to DHS???
It is beautiful!! I spent a decent bit of time there this week even though I wasn't staying there. You know it!!:D But, then again, you really did know it!!
I always tell you what a fantastic Aunt you are to your nephews and nieces!!! Love how Baseline Tap House is your go to every trip! 🥰
Thanks!! I love it too!! Very relaxing!!
It definitely is!! Glad you're here!!
Excited Lets Go GIF

How nice to see you all again! I'm ready for the ride along!
Thank you!! Glad you're here!!
Looks like someone wanted to free from restrictions for the trip home...

"She's out there Jerry - and she's loving every minute of it"

Michael Richards Yes GIF
🤣🤣🤣
So pleased to see you’re doing another report. I enjoy reading them so much.
Thank you so much!!
Aunties are supposed to get the kiddos special things. The things my sisters have bought my kids….! But that’s their job!
Can’t wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
Thank you!! And I'll be sure to reiterate that to E!!
J has grown soo much my god! Lovely family pictures as always.. ! houraaay another @riverside TR!
Yes, he has!! Thank you so much!!
Yay! Following along :)
Glad you're here!!
As I was reading about the light saber I was going to make a comment that at least it wasn’t a popcorn bucket 😉 (I can only imagine how peeved E was to end up with 2 popcorn buckets as well 🤣)

And I know I‘ve said it before: you are an awesome aunt and as others have noted, it is your job as an aunt to get/do things for your nieces and nephews that their parents won’t/don’t. And us mothers just have to suck it up buttercup 😉
That's too funny!!

She's still complaining about it!!
Oh, come on!!
Uh, no!!
J doesn’t have to dress up like a cool kid. He is a cool kid.
I was just with him for the last few days in Disney. His new thing is that he is "buff."o_O
Trip reporting after Thursday?

aint nobody got time for that GIF
Yep--like I said, I don't know why I started it when I did. Or why I'm responding to all these messages now when I have to be at work in 15 minutes!!🤣
It's always nice to see a trip report from you and the family. Love to see the rope drop of the Baseline!
Aww!! Thank you!! The rope drop is all E!!
The one time we stayed at Saratoga we were in the studio next to the room you guys had(4332). It’s a great location!
It was an AMAZING location!!
ffset to the side so that you could see the haunted mansion behind you?
Maybe??🤔🤔
Tower of Terror pictures are always the best!! :D
Such a fun report so far!
Esp. when you see someone who is terrified!!
Thank you!!
Give me some....

Rock And Roll GIF

Great report and your TOT picture is the best! The Best!
Exactly!!

Thanks!! That picture does crack me up!!
I loved that J wanted to ride with me!!! We had the best time together at Baseline and hanging with you was truly the highlight of our WDW trip. 🥰 Can't wait to do it all again on another trip!
It was definitely a highlight for us!! It was a great day!! Looking forward to next time!!
Late but all caught up!
Glad you're here!!
Greetings from a newer member! Thank you for all your trip reports. DH and I stayed at Riverside this part Nov. - 11/2 - 11/9. We read somewhere that it is a great resort. 😉
Welcome!! Thank you for reading!! It is a great resort. I just flew home from there this morning & I miss it already!!
I'm late but all caught up. The DVC event looked like it was good fun!
Yay!! It was a lot of fun!!
J sure knows how to hang with the ladies!
Ladies Man Love GIF by Aardman Animations

What a great day for all of you to spend together!
He's something else!!
It was a wonderful day!!
A bit late, but following along!
Glad you're here!!
Magician meet-ups are the best!
Yes, they are!! So much fun!!
I’ve heard @lindawdw is pretty great, so I’ll allow it.
I do think you still hold a special spot with him too!!
Excited to read along! Also, J is looking so grown up! 🤯
Thanks!! Isn't he, though?? Where does the time go??
Just imagine the poor woman that had to go through TSA free girling it.
Not comfortable in the least!!
Loving your tr!! So wonderful you got to hang with @lindawdw and her husband!!
Thanks!! It was so much fun!!
Does any woman travel with only one??? I always have like 6!! I can't imagine not noticing I wasn't wearing one before I left. That would be painful!!
Who knows!!
Wow, J is growing up so fast. Won’t be long until you are taking him to the Art of Shaving.
Yes, he is. He's gone there for haircuts but you're right, it won't be long for the shaving!!

Minnesota disney fan

Well, I finally got caught up on your fun trip report! I can't believe how J has grown! I see he is also into that "no smiling" while photos are being taken, LOL. He did kind of grin in one though. He is a cool kid without it.
It's always fun to see your pics of PO, which I really, really miss, and POFQ.
It looks like you had a great time with Linda and husband, and can't wait for your new tr coming up soon:)

riverside

Original Poster
Well, I finally got caught up on your fun trip report! I can't believe how J has grown! I see he is also into that "no smiling" while photos are being taken, LOL. He did kind of grin in one though. He is a cool kid without it.
It's always fun to see your pics of PO, which I really, really miss, and POFQ.
It looks like you had a great time with Linda and husband, and can't wait for your new tr coming up soon:)
Yes, he is definitely into the "no smiling" thing.
Even though we didn't stay there we still managed to spend time there, of course!! I just got back from there yesterday & I'm missing it already-esp. b/c I don't have another trip booked there. I'll have to try to rectify that!!
We had a wonderful time!! Can't wait to do it again!!

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

I headed out early for my morning walk. It wasn't quite light out.
IMG_6456.JPEG

I took this to show E the Halloween events going on at Saratoga. But, like our trip the year before on Halloween, we thought Riverside had more fun things to do.
IMG_6457.JPEG

Just hanging around!! At least he's not sitting on the floor!! 🤣
IMG_6461.JPEG

My fav🥰
IMG_6464.JPEG

I just had to snap these!! Aren't they the cutest pictures??
IMG_6465.JPEG

IMG_6467.JPEG

We headed over to a pretty empty Adventureland.
IMG_6468.JPEG

And walked right on!!
IMG_6469.JPEG

Still not smiling!!
IMG_6470.JPEG

IMG_6471.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

We hadn't eaten here in years so when planning this trip E mentioned that she would like to revisit it!! And when I say years I mean it. It was so long ago that J wasn't even born & he's 8 now!!
IMG_6474.JPEG

They were having quite the conversation.
IMG_6477.JPEG

At least someone can get him to smile!!:)
IMG_6481.JPEG

IMG_6483.JPEG

We were taken upstairs shortly after meeting Cinderella.
IMG_6485.JPEG

E & I both got the Royal Breakfast Flight.
IMG_6488.JPEG

J stuck with apple juice!
IMG_6489.JPEG

I had the Shrimp & Grits. It was delicious!!
IMG_6491.JPEG

E had the Traditional Breakfast.
IMG_6492.JPEG

J had the Caramel Apple-Stuffed French Toast.
IMG_6493.JPEG

We all enjoyed our meals. It wasn't Baseline but it was a solid breakfast substitute!!🤣

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

It was around this time that I had planned to meet @AKemily but unfortunately, it didn't work out. If my memory serves me correctly our breakfast had run longer than we anticipated and she & her friend were going to be leaving the park to go to AKL. I'm also recalling having got stuck on a ride. I'm still bummed that it didn't work out!!:( If you're wondering why I'm saying that "I" planned to meet her & not "we" that is b/c years ago(so long ago that J still took naps in the stroller) she & E actually met!! E & I had been taking turns riding things b/c J was napping in his stroller & she happened to notice her & introduced herself to her!! How cool!! And I have to admit I'm a bit jealous!! And now that I'm thinking about it I realize that E actually met a forum friend before I ever did!! And she's not even on here!!

Next up...
IMG_6494.JPEG

Time to go Under the Sea!!
IMG_6496.JPEG

IMG_6499.JPEG

Instead of following the rules & keeping his hands inside the ride vehicle J kept holding his out for me to grab it!! Which I did🤫
We were also doing it earlier this week on HM!!
IMG_6500.JPEG

The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!
IMG_6506.JPEG

Everyone's favorite Halloween decoration!!
IMG_6508.JPEG

Now we had to head to First Aid. E had a blister & really needed a band-aid.
IMG_6509.JPEG

They were super nice in there but she had to sign her life away for it!!
IMG_6510.JPEG

IMG_6511.JPEG

Time for a Starbucks stop. At least he's not fully sitting on the floor this time!!
IMG_6514.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

By this time the rest of the family had arrived!!
IMG_6515.JPEG

Always love taking a ride through HM!!
IMG_6518.JPEG

Then a family favorite!!
IMG_6519.JPEG

D & I went with the kids on Space Mountain while my sisters stayed off.
IMG_6521.JPEG

IMG_6522.JPEG

Of course, that song was stuck in my head all day after I saw this!!
IMG_6525.JPEG

It's not jelly beans but I guess it will have to do!!
IMG_6526.JPEG

He's happy thanks to @Darstarr!!
IMG_6527.JPEG

And with that it was time to go!!
IMG_6529.JPEG

I love those pumpkins!!
IMG_6531.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

Clowning around on the monorail!!
IMG_6532.JPEG

Our plan was to stop here for a beverage but it was crowded so we decided to skip it and move on.
IMG_6533.JPEG

We had planned on coming here also but we arrived earlier than we anticipated!!
IMG_6537.JPEG

Aren't we creatures of habit. Aside from the jerky we just ate all this again this past Tuesday!!
IMG_2136.JPEG

Niece E is very good with taking the selfies!!
IMG_6538.JPEG

IMG_6542.JPEG

The kids got some desserts to share.
IMG_6544.JPEG

After a relaxing hour or so we headed out.
IMG_6545.JPEG

E thinks she's hysterical. You could get your picture taken with the glass slipper. She told the photographer that she wanted to get her picture with it & have her evil stepsisters join her for it.😒
IMG_6546.JPEG

C & I did not oblige so she took a selfie with it. Just to let you know though she started with us again the other day while we were there. We couldn't take her obnoxious insistence anymore so we gave in. But, just wait for that TR & see what C & I did for the photos!! The joke ended up being on her!!🤣
IMG_6547.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

We took the monorail back to MK.
IMG_6551.JPEG

Isn't this just the prettiest picture?? I love the colors!!
IMG_6553.JPEG

Waiting at the bus stop:arghh:
IMG_6555.JPEG

I went in the pool with J but had to get out in short order b/c the water was too cold for me.
IMG_6557.JPEG

E trying to coax him out of the pool.
IMG_6561.JPEG

We headed through the lobby after swimming.
IMG_6562.JPEG

We checked out the pumpkins.
IMG_6564.JPEG

They were so cute!!
IMG_6565.JPEG

IMG_6566.JPEG

IMG_6567.JPEG

With that our day had come to a close!!

Songbird76

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

It was around this time that I had planned to meet @AKemily but unfortunately, it didn't work out. If my memory serves me correctly our breakfast had run longer than we anticipated and she & her friend were going to be leaving the park to go to AKL. I'm also recalling having got stuck on a ride. I'm still bummed that it didn't work out!!:( If you're wondering why I'm saying that "I" planned to meet her & not "we" that is b/c years ago(so long ago that J still took naps in the stroller) she & E actually met!! E & I had been taking turns riding things b/c J was napping in his stroller & she happened to notice her & introduced herself to her!! How cool!! And I have to admit I'm a bit jealous!! And now that I'm thinking about it I realize that E actually met a forum friend before I ever did!! And she's not even on here!!

Next up...
View attachment 708920

Time to go Under the Sea!!
View attachment 708921

View attachment 708922

Instead of following the rules & keeping his hands inside the ride vehicle J kept holding his out for me to grab it!! Which I did🤫
We were also doing it earlier this week on HM!!
View attachment 708923

The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!
View attachment 708924

Everyone's favorite Halloween decoration!!
View attachment 708925

Now we had to head to First Aid. E had a blister & really needed a band-aid.
View attachment 708926

They were super nice in there but she had to sign her life away for it!!
View attachment 708927

View attachment 708928

Time for a Starbucks stop. At least he's not fully sitting on the floor this time!!
View attachment 708929
YES!! I had to sign my life away for bandaids, too!! And then the guy scolded me about my footwear. I had been fine for over a week, but then it POURED, and my sandals got soaked and started rubbing in a couple of places once they dried. I thought they'd be fine because they had been the whole time.

riverside

Original Poster
YES!! I had to sign my life away for bandaids, too!! And then the guy scolded me about my footwear. I had been fine for over a week, but then it POURED, and my sandals got soaked and started rubbing in a couple of places once they dried. I thought they'd be fine because they had been the whole time.

Disney takes their band-aid distribution seriously. Did you have to promise to not stick it anywhere but the affected area?
I was quite shocked at how much info they wanted for a lousy band-aid. I believe she had to tell them what she needed it for.
I'm surprised they didn't watch her apply it to make sure she was doing it right!!
Love all your stories especially the Cinderella glass slipper! We like the bar/lounges at GF but find it super loud with the acoustics. You're amazing that you can remember things from our October trip! The decorated pumpkins are so adorable.
Oh, that story gets even funnier!! Sitting in that room I don't really notice it. I'll have to pay more attention next time though!!
I do take notes(but not a lot anymore.) I remember most things from my pictures. There's a lot that I take that don't make it in the TR. I take them more to remind me of things. I take notes on things I definitely don't want to forget!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom