Trip Report Fun With Friends & Family!!

Starting this TR is LOOOOONG overdue!! It's actually been hanging over me like a dark cloud for quite some time. I've wanted to start it but, you know, life, work & a few Disney trips in the mix get in the way!! Speaking of Disney, I don't know what is possessing me to start this now considering I'm heading down on Friday so that will put this on hold for a bit!! If only I(& my phone battery) had it in me to do live TR's it might make these more timely!!

WHEN: Thursday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 1st
Yep, I'm going to take you back to the fall/Halloween decorations time period!! It feels like forever ago(I guess b/c it was!!) It feels so strange talking about this when earlier this month I was able to ride Tron during the AP preview period. By the time I get to that one it will definitely be "old news"!!

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Preferred 1BR Villa(@Darstarr😘)
IMG_6348.JPEG

WHO:
Our super fun friends!!
@lindawdw & her husband!!
IMG_6431.JPEG

Our super fun family!!
I think you know us by now but as a refresher--
Niece E, Sister E, Sister C(funny, it makes them sound like they are nuns!!🤣), BIL D, Niece A, Nephew J and yours truly!!
IMG_6538.JPEG

Remember at the end of our last trip where Happy Limo forgot about us?? Yeah, me too. I really did not want to use their service ever again after that. But, unfortunately, we already had it booked for this trip so we decided to still go with them. I'm happy to report that they must have learned a lesson b/c the texts from them were a bit overkill compared to our past trips. I got this one the night before we left--
IMG_6297.PNG

Then this one a few minutes later--
IMG_6298.PNG

As you can see even though they have left a bad taste in my mouth I was still cordial!!

We had an evening flight on Thursday. We left after J got home from school. Their Halloween party was that day & I asked him what his costume was supposed to be. He told me he was dressed as "a cool kid."
IMG_6304.JPEG

While E parked the car J & I had headed through security where my suitcase had to be searched. I'll fill you in later as to what I was carrying that was so bad!!
IMG_6303.JPEG

He & I got a table at Friday's & ordered while we waited for E to get there.
IMG_6310.JPEG

Cool kid wanted to sit with me on the plane!!
IMG_6313.JPEG

During the flight I got yet another message from Happy Limo. This message confirmed who I thought would be our driver. I told E & J to be prepared. He was my driver once the year before. He loves to talk like Donald Duck. Don't get me wrong he's very good but imagine me being in a car(a grown woman) with a grown man who's talking to me in a Donald Duck voice. It was nothing short of AWKWARD!!!
So, on this run, we tried to keep the conversation flowing so the opportunity didn't come up. Knowing that he does this(@Doc Disney can attest) I could tell he was anxiously awaiting his chance to start. And boy, did he ever!! The rest of the way there!! Once we parted ways with him E was just shaking her head. I again reiterated about how I felt being in a car with just he & I!!

IMG_6320.PNG

TrolleyFollower91

When we got back I helped J with his homework. I had to call R for the "Write About It" question to make sure we were answering it correctly!! Guess what--we had a better answer than what the elementary school principal did!!o_O
As a school math coach, that problem is a stretch :bored: Though I would’ve said that regrouping requires adding three addends, efficiency definitely works! 😂

lindawdw

What a fun time at Port Orleans Riverside with the Cast Members there!!! I love that they do so many Halloween activities for the kids and the toasting of the marshmallows is something we participate in most nights at the DVC resorts! Do they charge you to do the Halloween activities?

Minnesota disney fan

Seeing POR at Halloween is special.
It makes me realize just how much I miss being at POR. It is our all time favorite resort even though we haven't stayed there for a while.
We stay at POFQ due to my husband's mobility issues. POFQ is just easier to get around since it is such a smaller resort that POR.
We always go to POR when staying at FQ to eat and to shop and to just soak in the atmosphere. Maybe in the future, who knows?
Meanwhile I will get my POR fix from your reports, LOL.

slipperalwaysfits

But, we didn't get there early enough so we didn't get our favorite table.
We're usually at that table and I'm just thankful to be) sitting and sitting inside with beer!! Yummy!!!
We sat on a bench for awhile talking & enjoying our beverages. It was so much fun!! I absolutely cherish those memories!!
YES---my favorite WDW memories are often the simple ones. Save for you know, the day we got engaged. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: 😍
Glad we stuck it out!! The wait was only about 20 minutes then we were facing Kylo Ren!!
YES! I was reading along and thinking "they are pretty far in, I hope they stick with it."

I wish I would have(but wasn't thinking) got a picture of who we ran into while J was doing his thing. Our friend, Patrick(from the River Roost)was there with his daughter, saw us & came over to say hello!! It was so great to see him & a pleasure to meet his adorable little girl!! Fortunately for me I've been able to catch up with him on my last few trips to POR!!
As we know from these boards, WDW really is a small community and when CM's see us often, it's easy to remember them. That human connection with CM's makes the trip even more special!

LeighM

I liked that blue Riverside shirt until I saw what looked like ruffled sleeves....

What even is this???
Surreptitiously googles addends!

I was reading that math assignment with my husband next to me watching tv. I was like "honey what's an addend?" He turned to read the question and he asked "what's regrouping?" 🤣 Obviously, we don't have kids and thus we don't know the New Math lol.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I liked that blue Riverside shirt until I saw what looked like ruffled sleeves....

I was reading that math assignment with my husband next to me watching tv. I was like "honey what's an addend?" He turned to read the question and he asked "what's regrouping?" 🤣 Obviously, we don't have kids and thus we don't know the New Math lol.

New Math is even worse when it is a foreign language! 😉

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
As a school math coach, that problem is a stretch :bored: Though I would’ve said that regrouping requires adding three addends, efficiency definitely works! 😂
Next time I'll call you instead of R!!
What a fun time at Port Orleans Riverside with the Cast Members there!!! I love that they do so many Halloween activities for the kids and the toasting of the marshmallows is something we participate in most nights at the DVC resorts! Do they charge you to do the Halloween activities?
It was a lot of fun!! They do not charge for any of the activities--even better!!
Seeing POR at Halloween is special.
It makes me realize just how much I miss being at POR. It is our all time favorite resort even though we haven't stayed there for a while.
We stay at POFQ due to my husband's mobility issues. POFQ is just easier to get around since it is such a smaller resort that POR.
We always go to POR when staying at FQ to eat and to shop and to just soak in the atmosphere. Maybe in the future, who knows?
Meanwhile I will get my POR fix from your reports, LOL.
POR is always special but it definitely is a blast for that!! You'll be seeing a lot of it in my next TR b/c that's where we stayed!!
We're usually at that table and I'm just thankful to be) sitting and sitting inside with beer!! Yummy!!!
Right!!
YES! I was reading along and thinking "they are pretty far in, I hope they stick with it."
I'm glad we did!!
As we know from these boards, WDW really is a small community and when CM's see us often, it's easy to remember them. That human connection with CM's makes the trip even more special!
I totally agree!!
Awesome!!!
Wasn't it cute??
What even is this???
Yeah, too much for this grocery store manager to comprehend!!
As a former elementary school teacher, I would say that I would accept that answer...especially since it was done while on vacation ;)
Love, love, love Riverside :)
Thanks!! I appreciate that!!
Riverside is the best!!
That's too funny!!
New Math is even worse when it is a foreign language! 😉
🤣 🤣 🤣

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST

Departure day is always the worst but this time was extra bad. Our plans were to go to AK b/c we had a late(like 9:30 pm)flight on Southwest. That meant we weren't leaving Disney until 6:30 that evening. We also had plans to hopefully meet up with @AKemily & @Tiggertoo56 there!!

But, this happened.......
IMG_6807.JPEG

J was sick. He was running a fever & didn't feel well at all. We asked him if he still wanted to go to AK & his response, "I'll go b/c I know you two want to but I really don't." Needless to say, we ended up not going to AK.

I went down to the front desk to ask for a late checkout so he could rest longer. They gave us until 12--1 extra hour.
On the way back to the room I stopped in the pro shop & bought R this shirt. Guess what? He already had it.🤦‍♀️
IMG_6811.JPEG

E had texted me and asked if I could pick up some Tylenol b/c J said he was feeling worse. Oh, & that late checkout?? Someone didn't get the memo b/c they were wanting to come in before I even got back. E told the woman that I had requested a late checkout & she said that nobody notified her. The worst part was that her pounding on the door woke poor J up!!
IMG_6813.JPEG

At this point he was crying b/c he was so sick.
IMG_6815.JPEG

Meanwhile, I was getting this flight update from Spirit. Why?? I have no clue. Remember, we were flying Southwest at 9:30 that evening!!
IMG_6817.PNG

Our eviction time had come so we took our luggage to bell services & sat in the lobby.
IMG_6818.JPEG

Some of us were laying...we were homeless.
IMG_6819.JPEG

After a bit we decided on a change of scenery & went to Chip 'n Dale's for lunch.
IMG_6822.JPEG

J felt more comfortable inside so we ate in the Turf Club Lounge. Well, E & I ate. J didn't have much of an appetite.
IMG_6825.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST

The Tylenol must have really kicked in b/c J wanted to go outside & sit by the pool. He didn't have a fever anymore so he asked if he could go swimming.
IMG_6827.JPEG

Sent this to R.
IMG_6828.JPEG

I felt foolish but I went to bell services to get our luggage so we could change into our swimsuits.
IMG_6830.JPEG

Doesn't he look much better??
IMG_6831.JPEG

We spent the rest of the afternoon there.
IMG_6833.JPEG

IMG_6834.JPEG

And had a good time!!
IMG_6835.JPEG

After we got changed we went to The Turf Club which was now open. We had some dinner before we headed to the airport.
IMG_4578.JPEG

IMG_4579.JPEG

J was still feeling pretty good.
IMG_6840.JPEG

But it didn't last long. I guess the Tylenol wore off & all the same symptoms were coming back. While we were on the plane he was sleeping & I would have to guess was hallucinating from the fever. He was hollering at E & I to leave him alone. Neither one of us were talking to him or anything. And he never woke up while he was saying it. E said he did the same thing off & on throughout the night when they got home. Needless to say, J did not go to school the next day. But, he started improving during the day so he was good to go the following day!!

And there you have it!! Another wonderful trip had come to an end!!We had lots of fun with our friends & family!! So many wonderful memories!! I just wish we could have had all our planned meetups but as you can see J was in no shape to be going anywhere!! Hopefully there will be a next time though!!

Thank you everyone for following along!! I hope you enjoyed it!!😘

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
ou laugh at my comment Patti, but when it’s 9 pm and your kid suddenly remembers she has math homework and not only do you have to learn the new math to help her, you’ve got to translate the dang assignment to even begin to comprehend it 🤣🤣🤣
I give you all the credit in the world. I would be so lost!!
Poor J - there is nothing worse than feeling sick and not being at home ☹️
Yes & it made it worse that we had nowhere to go. I even asked E if she wanted me to get a room for another night(even though we were leaving that evening) just so he had somewhere comfortable to be. After all, we had 6 1/2 hours before we were leaving for the airport!!

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
What another fabulous report. Poor J there’s nothing worse than being sick on holiday. One year my sister had been vomiting during the night before we had to fly home and it was quite worrying but fortunately she was well enough to still fly. Pleased to hear J was feeling better after a couple of days.

Tiki Traveler

Sorry that J wasn’t feel well at the end, hopefully trips since have made up for it.

Also, thanks for your great Riverside pictures. We were there from Nov. 2nd - 9th and your pictures made me feel like I was back there again!

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom