Ft.Wilderness cabins tips

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Going for the first week of October and we are so excited! We have always stayed at value resorts because we have always done short trips(3 nights max). This year we are staying for 6 nights and brining both kids. My cousin and his daughter may go or my mom may come. I figured with that many people for that long (and especially with multiple kids) we needed more than just a room and the outside space is amazing...I hate being cooped up in a hotel with kids! So that being said, what do we need to know about this place? I've done some research and have our golf cart booked, I know about all of the extra stuff they have there but what are some things about the cabin and maybe some tips or tricks yall have learned from your stay there?? What all should we pack for the cabin. How are the new convection ovens?? We plan on doing breakfast at the cabin every morning except for when we have CRT ADRs. Thanks for any insight!!!
I know it was just a typo, but it's just a tad disturbing to see the concept of "brining both kids" and "new convection ovens" in the same post. The kids' names wouldn't be Hansel and Gretel by any chance...? ;)

SeanWM48

best choice on property to stay IMO. most of what i can contribute has been brought up. stayed there 3 times. always made room in the schedule for a day (or at least a half-day if you're doing a halloween party that night) to roam the campground and do stuff like the mini boats. those were such a thrill and you can take them all the way out to the magic kingdom port (can't park there but going past that area is awesome).

hoop-dee-do and trails end are excellent for dinner. lots of resort exclusive merchandise at the trading posts. quick boat ride to MK, or to the wilderness lodge if you want to try and set up a dining reservation there.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
best choice on property to stay IMO. most of what i can contribute has been brought up. stayed there 3 times. always made room in the schedule for a day (or at least a half-day if you're doing a halloween party that night) to roam the campground and do stuff like the mini boats. those were such a thrill and you can take them all the way out to the magic kingdom port (can't park there but going past that area is awesome).

hoop-dee-do and trails end are excellent for dinner. lots of resort exclusive merchandise at the trading posts. quick boat ride to MK, or to the wilderness lodge if you want to try and set up a dining reservation there.

I agree. If only they had an additional half bath or split bath. Wish they'd kept the stove and pantry closet in the renovations, though.

Hawkmom

I am planning a graduation trip for my daughter in December 2018- we went on a sleigh ride around Ft Wilderness last December and she fell in love with the atmosphere. I plan to make my reservation in August and planned to try to secure a cart reservation as soon as possible. Could you folks tell me how soon you can make the cart reservations and if not through Disney, who did you use? Thanks

ELG13

Original Poster
I am planning a graduation trip for my daughter in December 2018- we went on a sleigh ride around Ft Wilderness last December and she fell in love with the atmosphere. I plan to make my reservation in August and planned to try to secure a cart reservation as soon as possible. Could you folks tell me how soon you can make the cart reservations and if not through Disney, who did you use? Thanks
We are using tee time golf cart rentals. We need a 6 passenger and the on site rental company has limited availability so I wanted a guaranteed cart. You could probably call and make your reservation now. It may need to be paid in full.

ELG13

Original Poster
Nice place, I've visited a couple of times. But an all day drive to WDW - takes about 5 hours for you to reach I-10, right?

In that case, both. I've found the Deep Woods Off towelettes work well, less messy than the spray.
Yeah..about 6.5 total door to door. Not too bad but just out of reach to consider APs...

ELG13

Original Poster
Ok y'all...I can do online check in in 9 days!!!!! Are there certain loops/locations I should request? We have little ones so I am wanting to be close to the little kids pool. Thanks!!!

SeanWM48

Ok y'all...I can do online check in in 9 days!!!!! Are there certain loops/locations I should request? We have little ones so I am wanting to be close to the little kids pool. Thanks!!!
looks like you'd want something around loops 1500-1900 or 1200-1300

i've done loop requests before and they always honored it or got me very close if not possible to get the exact one

ELG13

Original Poster
Great to hear. I'm getting so excited y'all!!! This is our first big week long family vacation. We always do 2 or 3 nights max for Disney. My cousin and his daughter aren't coming so my mom is coming with us....she was super excited to experience all this with her grandkids. We are gonna be down there for our 9 year wedding anniversary. We are thinking about a dinner out but there will be 12 of us. Any suggestions? I kinda wanted to do one dinner in Disney springs....

ELG13

Original Poster
looks like you'd want something around loops 1500-1900 or 1200-1300

i've done loop requests before and they always honored it or got me very close if not possible to get the exact one
Just did online check in but they didn't ask anything about loop preferences. Just gave me the option to choose 'close to the pool' or 'close to transportation'. Which is bizarre considering all the stuff around there you could pick from. So how would I request a loop? Call in? With my previous online check in I was able to go straight to the room...

SeanWM48

Just did online check in but they didn't ask anything about loop preferences. Just gave me the option to choose 'close to the pool' or 'close to transportation'. Which is bizarre considering all the stuff around there you could pick from. So how would I request a loop? Call in? With my previous online check in I was able to go straight to the room...
i always called it in. i would do this now and then double check right before your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom