Frozen Summer Fun 2015

cjk0318

Original Poster
They don't seem to be in much of a rush. We aren't even getting much from insiders which, to me, means they aren't doing much of anything. I hope I'm wrong but considering they apparently want to wait until the new Star Wars movie to decide on building that expansion ... I just can't help but shake my head.

Yet, Disneyland Paris gets upgrades, refurbs, and plans going into their 25th, Disneyland gets upgrades for their 60th ... Tokyo gets a proper Frozen land and a new Fantasyland, Hong Kong gets a new light parade and we get ... ?

I guess at least we get the hat down and Animal Kingdom gets some love. We can't even get upgrades to Big Thunder and Mermaid or Pan [although I appreciate the new queue].
The plans for a DHS expansion/remodel change weekly- nothing, and I mean nothing, is finalized or set in stone. Disneyland Paris also had to get a $1.25billion dollar bailout from the company, or NOTHING would be changing or being refurbished, so you can't bring that up here since it's not the same. Tokyo Disneyland is also owned by a different company which likes spending more money on experiences for their guests, again, not the same thing.

And those upgrades for BTMRR are coming within the next year.

Kman101

I'm not at all trying to complain, really, I'm just impatient. LOL. I've always loved MGM/Hollywood Studios and want to see it get the love it deserves and the expansions it needs. I know it will come. It's just been seemingly put off for so long that it just feels like it's never coming, LOL

jrhwdw

Yes, Frozen Summer Fun is coming back

No, it is not running simultaneously with SWW.

The changeover will happen IMMEDIATELY after SWW ends. I haven't seen a production schedule yet, but I do know that all things Frozen are set to begin by the following weekend (June 21st) if not earlier in the week.

Sing A Long will move into AIE/SSTV theatre. There are projection and FX tests ongoing as we speak & they are looking to install larger CO2 tanks near the Theatre in order to have more enhanced effects for the show. Everything I have seen suggests they are trying to take the Sing A Long up a notch.

Processional is coming back, I have no sources yet on float changes.

Fireworks will also be coming back. I see/speak to Pyro guys daily. The infrastructure materials they've received in the past fiscal year indicate a bigger investment in providing Pyro at DHS on a more regular basis for special events/park buyouts

I have no info on Oaken's, if they will bring back the snow pit, the ice rink, or any other changes at this point. I am sure many of those things are fluid and can/will change in the coming weeks.
WONDERFUL!!! I guess this means pyro is back for SWW?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Let's drop the LIVE from "Frozen Summer Fun" @wdwmagic ... it's not even being referred to it that way internally. ;)
Here is the wording form the press release:

“Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.

Next Big Thing

Here is the wording form the press release:

“Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.
hmm, interesting since it's not promoted that way on the hub.

Launchpad McQuack

We were there last September while they were still doing Frozen Summer Fun, and literally the only impact it had on us was that we had to sit through a painfully bad rope drop show and there were Olaf cupcakes that we really liked. This is one of those things that if you don't want to participate, it really doesn't hurt you.

note2001

I actually don't see anything wrong with Frozen summer fun. Does nothing but add rather than take away like what's happening in norway.
Ditto.
As long as Elsa doesn't freeze the TOT elevator so I can't get to my room (which on its own has been an issue in the past, for another thread) and my limo over at Rockn' Rollercoaster doesn't spin out on ice, I like it. The fireworks alone are worth saying "Yeah!!!" over. For the other stuff, if you're not into it, ignore it, that's what I plan on doing. :) (however, I'm intrigued by the narrators for that sing along now.)

I'm very interested in what this new stage area will look like.

Amy Brewer

IM SO HAPPY OMG! The good news has come about! For those who don't like Frozen any more, simply just don't come along to the events simple as that. But Im so so so excited! Will be there to see the final few days of it! :D

CJR

I'd love for them to come up with a way to brink back Oaken's Trading Post, but I can also definitely understand why it wouldn't be back this year. Maybe we'll score a more permanent one somewhere.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the return of the fireworks. They were amazing last year; hope they didn't make any cuts this year.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, I do get that. I know each situation is very very different but they KNOW DHS needs help, they shut things down and then ... nothing. It's frustrating to see nothing happening.

Until the gate clicks drop - Disney feels it does not have to do anything at all, And as long as people reward Disney for closing stuff by continuing to show up the pattern will continue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom