Frozen Summer Fun 2015

cjk0318

Original Poster
Word around entertainment managers and coordinators at DHS, is that Frozen Summer Fun could/will be returning for 2015.

Last years run was more than extremely popular, which prompted For The First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along Celebration to stay "temporarily" following the closing of the summer fun run at the Premiere Theater. The show is slated to move into the theater which recently hosted The American Idol Experience, this June to coincide with the launch of the 2015 event after Star Wars Weekends.

Also slated to return is Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome, which is also rumored to receive updates and "new" floats.

Again, this is just word of mouth with no real substance to back it up yet.

Kman101

I can see it being just as popular.

At least they're [rumored/maybe?] moving the sing-along to Superstar Theater. Hopefully it looks as good inside as the Anaheim one does.

I'd personally like to see them add Olaf and Marshmallow as M&G's but I doubt that would happen.

cjk0318

Original Poster
I can see it being just as popular.

At least they're [rumored/maybe?] moving the sing-along to Superstar Theater. Hopefully it looks as good inside as the Anaheim one does.

I'd personally like to see them add Olaf and Marshmallow as M&G's but I doubt that would happen.
I agree, the Arendelle make over looked beautiful, but I'm doubtful of an Olaf & Marshmallow meet and greet :/

DisneyDreamer08

If they keep the sing a long I hope they do some rewriting & reworking of the show. We saw it back in December and I was shocked by how last minute & thrown together it felt. Maybe it's just me but I thought A&E would actually be SINGING at their sing a long! :)

jensenrick

Word around entertainment managers and coordinators at DHS, is that Frozen Summer Fun could/will be returning for 2015.

Last years run was more than extremely popular, which prompted For The First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along Celebration to stay "temporarily" following the closing of the summer fun run at the Premiere Theater. The show is slated to move into the theater which recently hosted The American Idol Experience, this June to coincide with the launch of the 2015 event after Star Wars Weekends.

Also slated to return is Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome, which is also rumored to receive updates and "new" floats.

Again, this is just word of mouth with no real substance to back it up yet.

Thank goodness for this. Yes, I enjoy Frozen and never got to see the FSF when it first happened, but at the end of the day, whether you like Frozen or not, at least that big theater isn't just gonna sit empty- like some other closed buildings at WDW I could name.

Sped2424

And what happens if Frozen's popularity has thawed by then?
tumblr_inline_nhfjihgtsS1qz65iu.gif

cjk0318

Original Poster
If they keep the sing a long I hope they do some rewriting & reworking of the show. We saw it back in December and I was shocked by how last minute & thrown together it felt. Maybe it's just me but I thought A&E would actually be SINGING at their sing a long! :)
Nothing says they sing ;) it's all hosted by the Royal Historians! And our version is WAYYYYY better than Disney California Adventure's version- THAT is thrown together last minute.

Kman101

Nothing says they sing ;) it's all hosted by the Royal Historians! And our version is WAYYYYY better than Disney California Adventure's version- THAT is thrown together last minute.

Agreed. We actually got the better version (though most of it is very very similar). The historians are pretty funny and I appreciate their attempt at some adult humor in the show. I liked the use of the characters more than the movie playing with the lyrics part but it is what it is I guess.

Kman101

Wut. I don't know if this is sarcasm or not.

Our version of the sing-along is better than Anaheim's. Even though they're very very similar. And that's not saying it's spectacular either. But I appreciated the humor they threw in. I think Anaheim overall though has much better offerings and they clearly spent the money.

Sped2424

Our version of the sing-along is better than Anaheim's. Even though they're very very similar. And that's not saying it's spectacular either. But I appreciated the humor they threw in. I think Anaheim overall though has much better offerings and they clearly spent the money.
Maybe the show is better here but everything about their setup CREAMS the decor in ours.

Kman101

Maybe the show is better here but everything about their setup CREAMS the decor in ours.

Oh, I agree completely. I said that too. It shows that they clearly spent the money. Which is why I'm surprised their sing-along script was, IMO, altered. Again, it's not super different but I couldn't get through the first few minutes of the video I was watching of it. I guess the sing-along isn't quite as popular there. Overall it just screams cheap. I'd prefer some improvements to the sing along if they're moving it, but I doubt they will do anything different. The script is fine. The decor needs to be improved on and I like what Anaheim did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom