Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Would a South American tour flag work? The fact that Soarin' has legs has me not completely dismissing this rumor, but the fact that it hasn't been picked up by the normal rumor breakers casts significant doubt.

I agree for the same reasons. Soarin has legs mostly because urban legend says it was supposed to have three theatres in the first place. (And some second hand reports of activity in that area.)

TSMM? I give that a 0.0 on the believability scale.

YodaMan

Ohhhhhhhhh.

First I've heard anything about it.

All I know is that some executive has that area reserved for a project starting in October....

If that's the case and Frozen is staying, what are the odds that Oaken moves to the old AFI location? Wouldn't make much thematic sense, but not sure where else it could go. And if it doesn't stay, what all would really be sticking around besides possibly fireworks and the singalong?

Animaniac93-98

Some questions on the event (possibly repeating what others might have asked):

1. Does a FP+ for the sing-along guarantee a seat, or do you still have to show up a certain amount of time before hand to get one?

2. What is the best place to watch the fireworks?

3. Is there any merch (beyond Magic Bands) that is truly exclusive to the park, or is Oaken's just bulk quantities of the standard Disney Store product?

roj2323

Some questions on the event (possibly repeating what others might have asked):

1. Does a FP+ for the sing-along guarantee a seat, or do you still have to show up a certain amount of time before hand to get one?

2. What is the best place to watch the fireworks?

3. Is there any merch (beyond Magic Bands) that is truly exclusive to the park, or is Oaken's just bulk quantities of the standard Disney Store product?

1: good question.. I have not heard either way but I would guess a reserved seat is reserved until the show starts.

2: I have watched the show from hollywood boulevard, Sunset boulevard, Outside the park, in front of indy, in front of 50's prime time, next to star tours, in front of brown derby, exc and The best spot in my opinion is in front of 50's prime time. The second best spot in in front of Brown Derby next to the popcorn cart.

3: Nothing that I know of is exclusive beyond the magic bands and cellphone cases. The stores main feature is all of the frozen merchandise options are in one location and in bulk so you can pick through to get the nicest one. The theming is also nicely done however so it does have that going for it as well.

TXDisney

How long is the frozen summer lasting? I'm going to disney sept. 17-21, will it still be going on then? Also, what all shows and such are they running.

roj2323

How long is the frozen summer lasting? I'm going to disney sept. 17-21, will it still be going on then? Also, what all shows and such are they running.

It's through september 28th at the moment But i've heard it would be going through october. The event would need to see some changes however as the parade uses 2 of the christmas floats which will be in use at MK for Mickey's Very Merry as of the first week of November. There is also the issue of the Ice rink which may or may not be reserved for another event elsewhere come the holidays. I personally think Frozen will be around at least though new years but the event will likely be trimmed and eventually the fireworks will have to stop as well due to the Osborne lights on SOA. Time will tell. I've been hearing about massive schedule changes for backlands cast members this week so maybe we will hear something by saturday or sunday.

The only thing that is absolutely certain is this is one of the best kept secrets I've seen in a long time.

ToTBellHop

You're talking crazy talk. Now go back to the dungeon and find out a way to save $6.
Surely people are coming out in droves for the Olaf MagicBands?

They should keep the Frozen events indefinitely. It would be foolish not to. Even if the fireworks have to go away for the holidays (and I'm sure they could find a way to make them work together), the parks are pretty dead come January and February...

wdrive

It's through september 28th at the moment But i've heard it would be going through october. The event would need to see some changes however as the parade uses 2 of the christmas floats which will be in use at MK for Mickey's Very Merry as of the first week of November. There is also the issue of the Ice rink which may or may not be reserved for another event elsewhere come the holidays. I personally think Frozen will be around at least though new years but the event will likely be trimmed and eventually the fireworks will have to stop as well due to the Osborne lights on SOA. Time will tell. I've been hearing about massive schedule changes for backlands cast members this week so maybe we will hear something by saturday or sunday.

The only thing that is absolutely certain is this is one of the best kept secrets I've seen in a long time.

This might be a stupid question but why would the fireworks need to stop for the Osborne Lights?

wannabeBelle

Possibly the fireworks launch locations would be too close? I was kinda wondering myself as I thought it was further over, but I could be wrong on that one. Marie

tl77

The day time events, which are the moring parade, skating rink, shop, and sing-a-long, go until at least Sept. 28, but the Fronzen Fireworks will only be done on the weekends in Sept.

jrh1985

Couldn't they do the fireworks late like the new years fireworks? That way, most of the night would be for the Osborne lights. That is of course, if frozen is extended that far.

ToTBellHop

Couldn't they do the fireworks late like the new years fireworks? That way, most of the night would be for the Osborne lights. That is of course, if frozen is extended that far.
There's no reason they couldn't run the show at park close like Wishes. Or IllumiNations. Or Fantasmic! Or MSEP sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom