Fresh FLE News for March 2010

sponono88

DCA is currently building TLM and Carsland, which will have two rides when it opens. That's three new rides currently being built from the ground up all at the same time.

Cars Land will have three rides :) Radiator Springs Racers, Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Roamin' Tires.

jt04

Original Poster
Carsland's two rides will open at the same time. Whether your argument was "Disney never builds multiple rides together" or "Disney never opens multiple rides together," it was incorrect. Both things are happening/will happen during the DCA expansion.

I was talking about LM and RSR. Carsland will open as a "land" with an e ticket and a couple minor rides. FLE will open with an e-ticket and two rides also.

Hey, it's a tie!

EPCOT Explorer

I was talking about LM and RSR. Carsland will open as a "land" with an e ticket and a couple minor rides. FLE will open with an e-ticket and two rides also.

Hey, it's a tie!

If you are referring to Dumbo, I wouldn't...They are moving it/plussing it. :lol:

However, I would hope you are talking about the Pixie Hollow ride that's rumored at this point.

jt04

Original Poster
That's wholly your opinion. And I find Martin's description to be straight forward. When you describe FLE with no frills, no WDI and TDO Buzzwords, it's dreadfully apparent what it is.

That said, the frills and details that will be added into this, will be a large plus.

So you have details on the "magic mirror"? Love to hear them. That's my point, everyone is passing judgement without seeing how this will turn out. But, once again the critics will be nowhere to be found when they are proven wrong. They will be on to the next goofy oversimplified rant.

I'm gone :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Fantasyland East: $500 million for a (cloned) darkride, a restaurant, and facades...
WWoHP: $250 million for a groundbreaking attraction, a restaurant and pub with a custom beverage, an interactive wand shoppe, countless stores with unique, themed products.

Mermaid isn't cloned, it was co-developed for both DCA and WDW. It was always the intention to put Mermaid in the MK. If anything, it may well be that DCA was the one that jumped in on the Mermaid act.

Before your comparisons of investment have any meaning what-so-ever, let's wait and see the final results of both developments. Your bias clearly shows in your descriptions of both projects.

Wilt Dasney

Hey, it's a tie!
No. FLE is getting one new ride. A rebuilt Dumbo and rethemed roller coaster are only "new" in marketing speak. Everything at Carsland will be brand new.

It's only a tie if 3-1 is a tie.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So you have details on the "magic mirror"? Love to hear them. That's my point, everyone is passing judgement without seeing how this will turn out. But, once again the critics will be nowhere to be found when they are proven wrong. They will be on to the next goofy oversimplified rant.

You're right. The "internet" is talking about stuff that is largely unknown at this point - even to the designers themselves.

Despite what is being said by some fans, I still believe the new FL will be widely popular with the VAST majority of MK visitors.

EPCOT Explorer

I know that it's 2 million bucks, now!:ROFLOL:

I'm in no way passing judgement....You know that I'm pretty excited for this project, but you are not one to care about what I've said in that past. :lol:

This critic will be right here when FLE opens, and hopefully eating my foot...partially. As I have said, I am excited for it.

Seeya.:wave:
Mermaid isn't cloned, it was co-developed for both DCA and WDW. It was always the intention to put Mermaid in the MK. If anything, it may well be that DCA was the one that jumped in on the Mermaid act.

Before your comparisons of investment have any meaning what-so-ever, let's wait and see the final results of both developments. Your bias clearly shows in your descriptions of both projects.

While I don't doubt you....why didn't they announce DCA's and MK's TLM at the same time, then? It's a bit odd...Most of us DO think that we are getting a clone just because of the timings.

Just curious. :D

sponono88

Whether or not it was co-developed for both parks, i'm not sure. But it was officially announced for DCA nearly 2 years before it was announced for the MK.. and I believe it is opening in DCA first.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
In a weird way, I would have almost rather have seen them piece this out more than they are. I would have liked to see them do this in smaller bits to do it right and to have possibly allowed for more money to be released (ha! Fat chance, since we're dealing with TDO...but a girl can dream). I would have liked to have seen one or two sections built at a time. That way, the money wouldn't have to be spread so thin to try to build a large expansion all at once.

In what way is the money being spread thin? What is not being done right about what they are trying to achieve? The expansion is addressing a few specific issues, and the money is certainly there to get it done right. Nothing suggests this is being done by halves.

1. Lack of food - new restaurant solves this. And it wont just be any ole restaurant, it will have a lot of bells and whistles.

2. The dumbo dilema - double capacity, ACd wait area, proper queue. This is a big deal for a lot of MK guests.

3. Bring the meet and greets into a cutting edge show. Not everyones cup of tea, but ask anyone who regularly waits over 60mins in Judges Tent, Hall of Fame or C Spot what they think of meet and greets.

4. Add a big people eater with an omnimover E-Ticket.

5. Beautify FL, and give the MK a whole new land that will look stunning

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Whether or not it was co-developed for both parks, i'm not sure. But it was officially announced for DCA nearly 2 years before it was announced for the MK.. and I believe it is opening in DCA first.

Yep well DCA had the more pressing crisis, so got there first. Mermaid goes right the way back to 20k leagues closing in 1998. That plot of land was well known to be of great value, and the mermaid has long been on the cards. It's just taken this long to get to a point of doing it.

Much like the way DCA got DLP's ToT before DLP did.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
While I don't doubt you....why didn't they announce DCA's and MK's TLM at the same time, then? It's a bit odd...Most of us DO think that we are getting a clone just because of the timings.

Just curious. :D

Both teams had their own timings for their respective projects. DCA obviously needed to get the word out quickly. MK was under no pressure to make anything public. So much goes on internally at Disney that you'll never get the full story unless you were directly involved. And of course, those people are few in numbers, and won't be telling.

Wilt Dasney

In what way is the money being spread thin? What is not being done right about what they are trying to achieve? The expansion is addressing a few specific issues, and the money is certainly there to get it done right. Nothing suggests this is being done by halves.

1. Lack of food - new restaurant solves this. And it wont just be any ole restaurant, it will have a lot of bells and whistles.

2. The dumbo dilema - double capacity, ACd wait area, proper queue. This is a big deal for a lot of MK guests.

3. Bring the meet and greets into a cutting edge show. Not everyones cup of tea, but ask anyone who regularly waits over 60mins in Judges Tent, Hall of Fame or C Spot what they think of meet and greets.

4. Add a big people eater with an omnimover E-Ticket.

5. Beautify FL, and give the MK a whole new land that will look stunning

I've said from the start that for what they are doing, they seem to be doing it right. The M&G's sound interesting enough for this 20-something straight male to check out at least once.

EPCOT Explorer

Yep well DCA had the more pressing crisis, so got there first. Mermaid goes right the way back to 20k leagues closing in 1998. That plot of land was well known to be of great value, and the mermaid has long been on the cards. It's just taken this long to get to a point of doing it.

Much like the way DCA got DLP's ToT before DLP did.

This version of it, though? There have been several, the one for DLP, the one for EPCOT's Discoveryland/TLS, and all.

Interesting.

EPCOT Explorer

I've said from the start that for what they are doing, they seem to be doing it right. The M&G's sound interesting enough for this 20-something straight male to check out at least once.

Same here.:lol: If it's good quality, it's going to be good quality, and that;s a draw.

But, as I've said....it needs some rides, too.

Mr.EPCOT

I might just be , but I don't know that I'd consider this Little Mermaid ride an E-ticket. Probably be a D+. I'm speaking to the type of ride it is, and not necessarily how good or popular it is.

Wilt Dasney

Same here.:lol: If it's good quality, it's going to be good quality, and that;s a draw.

But, as I've said....it needs some rides, too.
Fortunately, it's going to have THREE* brand new ride experiences waiting just for you! :king:

*(Three may actually equal one. Not valid in CT or Puerto Rico. All rights reserved.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom