Free Dining Rumor

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Please keep in mind that if a resort is at or close to full capacity for the dates that you are looking for, it will not be available with the promotion. Pop is the most popular Value resort so we are running into it not being available for a lot of the dates.
This is the reason why we ask our clients for a back up resort in case theirs is not available.

If you need help with your reservations, please feel free to give us a call. We are getting quite a few calls, so if you do not get through please leave a message and we will get back to you ASAP.

Pam

barbara

I call about noon and got my room at Pop Century for 9/3-11 with free dining. No waiting on the phone at all, got thru right away.

Rob562

Well, after the 45 minutes I put into waiting on hold this morning before having to ahng up and go to my dentist appointment, I got to work, checked the WDW website and found the Free Dining offer listed on the Special Offers page. I immediately sat down and booked the two rooms we needed at Riverside, 9/15-9/22. Yay!

-Rob

disneytopdog

Marie - thank you thank you thank you a million x's over!! You saved my hubby & I this morning hehehe. We are so excited for our trip woohoo. You were wonderful! After sitting on the phones for 30 minutes and getting no where, you booked us in just a matter of minutes. Thank you again! :sohappy:

I do have one q :) If by chance something opens up at POP for those dates w/ free dining due to some cancellation, etc - is it possible to switch? If not, we are happy as is! I just can't believe I am going again! woohooooo

I second The kudos for Marie......I gave up after 45 minutes on hold this morning....Marie you were a lifesaver...You got it done and me and my dogs could get back to bed.....I am so excited POFQ 9/16-9/22

Bob

psifreek27

just booked online for Sept. 13-17 at French Quarter!!!:sohappy:

i got a magic ur way 1 day, cause my whole group will have seasonal actively working then...yay!

270 per person aint bad for a nice 5day-4 night trip.:D

JimboJones123

My BIG TIP for getting the resort you want.

This worked perfectly for me last year to Get POP which was sold out the first day as well last year.

Special avalibility is based on "CHECK IN DAY". If they say there are no rooms for you at POP on "that" day, ask about the day before. If it is, make the reservation. Then simply call back later and say you want to change a few dates for whatever reason (work, school, flights) and move the reservation back to the day you wanted. I did this last year and it worked perfectly. I even called before "changing" to my desired dates and request a new pkg with those desired dates, and it wasn't open. But they had NO PROBLEM taking a day off the beginning of the pkg that was already booked. So I got my dates. If you are trying to check in on a Friday especially, but even a Saturday or Thursday, there may be less pkgs at those days since that's when more check-ins take place. If you have ever been to a value resort in value season, you can measure how much busier a resort is each day by how far you have to park from your room. Weekends are almost always full.

So give it a try. Don't "bust" your existing reservation, but just try it w/ a new one and then you can cancel your existing reservation later. Hope it helps. BTW are all the booked POP dates Thurs/Fri/Sat check-ins?

JimboJones123

I got lucky- Phone said hold time would be 3 minutes at 7am. Lasted 12, and was done by 7:17. POR Sept 14-23rd. Now -- do I add the extra day? Kids don't need to learn "that much" do they?

hnp929@optonlin

I called this morning :cry: .I am bumed out.my trip is 8-19 to8-28.i figured 2 days of free dinning would be better than nothing.Iwas told i would have to break up my trip into 2 seprate bookings,ad in my mother-inlaws room.thats 4 resivations.On top of that i would have to pay for 2 extra park tickets. :confused: :eek: Not worth it after all is said and done.I also did not get that 40% off pin sent to me.:mad: Sorry for being CRABBY but this day did not go the way i thought it would.On a happy note Marie at Kingdom Konsult was a big help.THANK YOU:kiss: :wave:

MPitzen

My BIG TIP for getting the resort you want.

This worked perfectly for me last year to Get POP which was sold out the first day as well last year.

Special avalibility is based on "CHECK IN DAY". If they say there are no rooms for you at POP on "that" day, ask about the day before. If it is, make the reservation. Then simply call back later and say you want to change a few dates for whatever reason (work, school, flights) and move the reservation back to the day you wanted. I did this last year and it worked perfectly. I even called before "changing" to my desired dates and request a new pkg with those desired dates, and it wasn't open. But they had NO PROBLEM taking a day off the beginning of the pkg that was already booked. So I got my dates. If you are trying to check in on a Friday especially, but even a Saturday or Thursday, there may be less pkgs at those days since that's when more check-ins take place. If you have ever been to a value resort in value season, you can measure how much busier a resort is each day by how far you have to park from your room. Weekends are almost always full.

So give it a try. Don't "bust" your existing reservation, but just try it w/ a new one and then you can cancel your existing reservation later. Hope it helps. BTW are all the booked POP dates Thurs/Fri/Sat check-ins?

I called and at 7:01 this morning booked Pop Standard with check-in on a Thursday (Sept. 6-13) for my future sister-in-law.

figment1985

Hey Fig! You did put a good word in for me at Disney to get the Free Dining a week later, right? :slurp: ...................:lol:

Of course! I said New2WDW wants free dining too, they then preceeded to hang up on me.... jk.. I did ask if they were extending it and they didn't seem to know... :confused: I tried.

figment1985

I got lucky- Phone said hold time would be 3 minutes at 7am. Lasted 12, and was done by 7:17. POR Sept 14-23rd. Now -- do I add the extra day? Kids don't need to learn "that much" do they?

Yeah, when I called the 407-939-6244 number (i think that was it) it went right through, it was like I was the very first caller, no wait at all.

And yes kids can miss a week of school, shoot, I missed the entire 6 grade because I was homeschooled (didnt do anything, went to Disney, I had great parents..lol) but I still passed the end of year testing. It just depends on your kids.

JimboJones123

Reservations web site is "too busy" and I was told to try back later. I have a feeling we'll have another free dining backlash in the next 2-3 weeks when people start trying to book from the magazine/newspaper ads and find out nothing is left. I just tried a price check at WL and they said it was booked and offered me a savhanna view at AKL. That's $80 more a night. The next best delux price was Beach club-- that was $100 more.

JimboJones123

Yeah, when I called the 407-939-6244 number (i think that was it) it went right through, it was like I was the very first caller, no wait at all.

And yes kids can miss a week of school, shoot, I missed the entire 6 grade because I was homeschooled (didnt do anything, went to Disney, I had great parents..lol) but I still passed the end of year testing. It just depends on your kids.
sounds like we were the only ones this week.

Disneyfan1981

I'm Bummed

My wife and I agreed on an impromptu trip across country to WDW due to the free dining offer but we called yesterday to get the information we found out that the earliest we could arrive is 8/26......:(

Being schoolteachers we have the summer off and can travel but go back to work on 8/28. :cry: Cruel Irony...

psifreek27

And yes kids can miss a week of school, shoot, I missed the entire 6 grade because I was homeschooled (didnt do anything, went to Disney, I had great parents..lol) but I still passed the end of year testing. It just depends on your kids.[/Q]

Seriosuly i dont know why some people here get so worked up over missing some school days...i did it literally ALL the time in elementary school for vacations but always managed to get them excused cause my teachers liked me...:D

and i still managed "perfect" attendance at the end of the school year.

New2WDW

Of course! I said New2WDW wants free dining too, they then preceeded to hang up on me.... jk.. I did ask if they were extending it and they didn't seem to know... :confused: I tried.

:lol: I do thank you for trying! I was gonna ask BrerDad to do it but I knew they were tired of him calling all the time.....:ROFLOL:

nibblesandbits

Congrats to all who achieved success with the Free Dining.

For those of who who may have questions...or are having trouble...call Pam, Marie, or Evan at Kingdom Konsultants. They don't charge you anything...and they will work extrememly hard to get you what will work. I know I've said it before, but they deserve a huge thank you for all the hard work they are doing!!! :D (And keep in mind, I don't work for any of them...I just think that they did a great job for me, particularly Marie! )

Edit: Oh...and I'll see some of you in Sept! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom