Free Dining Rumor

iheartdisney91

Made my reservations for 9/8-9/13 at POP with free dining. I have read how people were having problems getting POP. I had no problems. I called at like 9:30 and was on hold for 20 minutes before a human answered. He said the system was down and he took my info and called me back at 3:00 and I booked it then. So AWESOME! Went last year and stayed at ASM with free dining and loved it. My son was 2.5 yrs old and had a blast. Doing it again this year ....just not telling him til we are in the car driving there! :lol:

hmm... thats bizare the woman on the phone said pop wasnt available? then a man came on the phone and said he didnt think pop was even offered the plan.:lookaroun hm...

Rob562

If anyone can think of anything else, please let me know! I have pretty much come to terms that most likely it's a done deal, but there's always hope!!!

Thank you!:wave:

Here's one last ditch-effort to try:
Call the front desk of the resort you'll be staying at. Either look up the number, or call the Main Switchboard at 407-824-2222 and ask to be connected. Ask to speak to a manager at the front desk and explain your situation to them. While they won't have any access to your reservation (they only get reservation info a few days before check-in), they should be able to tell you what they COULD do for you (if anything), and what they (as the front-desk staff) do in cases of no-shows, late arrivals, etc. There's the "official policy" that Guest Relations will quote, and then there's the real world reality that the Front Desk deals with daily...

Good luck!

-Rob

MPitzen

hmm... thats bizare the woman on the phone said pop wasnt available? then a man came on the phone and said he didnt think pop was even offered the plan.:lookaroun hm...

Unless your dates are exactly those of the 8-13th when the other poster said they received the plan... availability will be different. I can confirm that the Pop was/is offered on this plan as I got through at 7:00 and booked it for my sister-in-law (to-be). I was off the phone by 7:05, I must have been like the first person to get through, too bad it wasn't for me. We already got a better discount for our trip even though its during the free dining.

marinad

What should I do??

Ok, so I booked Dec 12 - 17th, but now I'm very eager to switch due to price.. Is the weather nice in Sept??

Wilderness isn't available .. but Port is only $1500 which is an amazing price, and the All Star Resorts, comes down to $1180 ...

WHAT DO I DO?! you guys are experts..... please advise which resort to go with??

MPitzen

Ok, so I booked Dec 12 - 17th, but now I'm very eager to switch due to price.. Is the weather nice in Sept??

Wilderness isn't available .. but Port is only $1500 which is an amazing price, and the All Star Resorts, comes down to $1180 ...

WHAT DO I DO?! you guys are experts..... please advise which resort to go with??

It is definitely a lot hotter in September than in December. The average temps in September are in the mid to low 80's, and humidity will be High. This is technically still summer in Florida. There will be more rain in Sept. but it's usually for about an hour that there is just a down pour sometime between 2-5. To me this is fine because I am usually taking a break at my resort at that time anyways.

However, you will have nothing compared to crowds. I was there in 2005 for the dates you're talking about in December and it was terrible. We had hour long waits for things that are normally walk on.

I would recommend POR, partly because you may dissapointed going from WL down to a value and also because the values will be Very crowded and crazy due to this promotion.

It really comes down to you, though. Would you rather see Christmas or Halloween decoration? There are generally longer hours in December than in September, but I would easily argue that the wait times more than make up for this difference.

iheartdisney91

Unless your dates are exactly those of the 8-13th when the other poster said they received the plan... availability will be different. I can confirm that the Pop was/is offered on this plan as I got through at 7:00 and booked it for my sister-in-law (to-be). I was off the phone by 7:05, I must have been like the first person to get through, too bad it wasn't for me. We already got a better discount for our trip even though its during the free dining.

oh no dont get me wrong im not doubting anyone. i'm just saying its wierd. they said only a couple of rooms from selected hotels are set for the meal plan. im just happy and releived we got through and we get to stay some where, that i never stayed im gunna miss pop oh well theres always next year.

BRER DAD

My reservations are from aug. 20 thru sept.1. I had to split my reservations in two. Pay for dining aug. 20-26, free dining 27-1. Took me 6 calls before a cm wanted to help, but I finally got it:sohappy: . Thanx to everyone for your help, I look forward to talking to you all in the future. Have fun at Disney, and eat like no tomarrow!!:slurp:

Disneyfalcon

My reservations are from aug. 20 thru sept.1. I had to split my reservations in two. Pay for dining aug. 20-26, free dining 27-1. Took me 6 calls before a cm wanted to help, but I finally got it:sohappy: . Thanx to everyone for your help, I look forward to talking to you all in the future. Have fun at Disney, and eat like no tomarrow!!:slurp:

Yea!! Brer Dad got free dining! All is right with the world...:)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Made my reservations for 9/8-9/13 at POP with free dining. I have read how people were having problems getting POP. I had no problems. I called at like 9:30 and was on hold for 20 minutes before a human answered. He said the system was down and he took my info and called me back at 3:00 and I booked it then. So AWESOME! Went last year and stayed at ASM with free dining and loved it. My son was 2.5 yrs old and had a blast. Doing it again this year ....just not telling him til we are in the car driving there! :lol:
I think people who didn't get Pop were asking for dates that were already booked up before free dining was offered. There were a number of posts of people who couldn't get the dates they wanted in August in other threads a few weeks ago. If Pop is full, it's full. If the dates requested were available then you could get in with the free dining.

I know Marie got me a preferred room with free dining from 27 August until the 31st [checking out 9/1] this morning first thing, I had two e-mail confirmations at 7:08AM. Once the rush dies down, she'll be cancelling my room-only, maybe that'll open up a reservation for someone.

couchpotatooo

we had POP Century but when we used the disney Visa to get the free dining they said they "Didn't have anymore rooms for the free dining Package but if you didn't use the package they had rooms open.:brick::brick::brick::brick:

Man that was really frustrating to hear. We got stuck in All-star Music:dazzle::dazzle:
The Major thing I hate about the all-star resorts is you have to share your buses and they are always packed like sardines. Pop has their own buses!:)

figment1985

That's awesome to hear!!!! Victory is ours!!! lol

:sohappy: <--- me :sohappy: <--- Brer Dad

disneytopdog

Thanks to Marie(wannabebelle) I am booked for POFQ 9/16-22 w/ free dining.

Later that afternoon I made my ADRs. I noticed that the conformation numbers went in numerical order. Now I do realize that they are making ADR's for all the parks over the next 6 months. But in the short time (15 minutes) I was on the line the gap in conformation numbers was over 500. Needless to say, I dont know if this is normal. But those resturants are filling up quick.

wannabeBelle

Top Dog you are so right!!! Guys ESPECIALLY because of the free dining offer, PLEASE Make your sit down ADR's as soon as possible!!! There is nothing worse than being turned away at the restaurant you want to eat at!!!! Thanks again to all of the wonderful people I spoke with yesterday and I am so glad we were able to help you get in on this great deal!!! Evan will be in the office today I believe, if anyone else needs help booking this package!! Have a Magical Day! Marie

BRER DAD

Top Dog you are so right!!! Guys ESPECIALLY because of the free dining offer, PLEASE Make your sit down ADR's as soon as possible!!! There is nothing worse than being turned away at the restaurant you want to eat at!!!! Thanks again to all of the wonderful people I spoke with yesterday and I am so glad we were able to help you get in on this great deal!!! Evan will be in the office today I believe, if anyone else needs help booking this package!! Have a Magical Day! Marie
Just want to thank you for your help and suggestions even though I didint book with you. I will be calling you to book my next vacation. Thanx again!!

wannabeBelle

Of course Brer Dad!!!! No problem!!! We will be here when you are ready!!! Pam, Evan and myself always look foward to helping out our friends at WDWMagic! Belle

marinad

Changed Reservation....

:wave: I'm going August 26th - Sept 2nd... Anyone else going to be there that week?? I can't believe that they'd offer the special during Labor Day Weekend...

Staying at the POFQ. .... good choice, I hope!:sohappy:

Greenlawler

All characters on alert! The character hunting alpha males will be there with free dining Sept 16-22 at the POP....Thanks Marie! It took some flexibility but we avoided the All-stars.
I could not however get a reservation at Liberty Tree on the 21st for dinner...very curious. I am sure MNSSHP had something to do with it.

MPitzen

All characters on alert! The character hunting alpha males will be there with free dining Sept 16-22 at the POP....Thanks Marie! It took some flexibility but we avoided the All-stars.
I could not however get a reservation at Liberty Tree on the 21st for dinner...very curious. I am sure MNSSHP had something to do with it.

That is one of the dates of MNSSHP. These dates have been confirmed by disney. They're still not posted directly on the websited. However, if you look at their handbook for the Flower & Garden Festival and go to the last page... Disney has officially anounced dates for all events for the rest of year.

If you're going to MNSSHP on the 21st you can wait until tickets are for sale and then call again to make your ADR, since the restaurant will be open later than they are currently releasing ADR's for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom