Free Dining & AP Holders

wdwmamamouse

You need to spend $750 on food/alcohol to recoup the cost of the TIW card
Right now, with the AP, you can get 20% off food (not alcohol) at a number of restaurants...once this promotion is over, it will revert back to 10%. We used to get the TIW but it has become too expensive for us - not all places accept it and we now just use the AP discount.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As of this year with the new increase the expiration date was for the next calendar year. Word is you can take the ticket to the counters and pay any differences in price from purchase date to current Disney prices, but you will not be able to just use it like in the past.

I'll be surprised if that lasts past the end of this fiscal year as unused tickets are a liability on Disney's books, I'm expecting them to become non-refundable upon expiry as that will enable Disney to recognize the revenue for 'unused' tickets in the 2nd quarter each year.

correcaminos

I'll be surprised if that lasts past the end of this fiscal year as unused tickets are a liability on Disney's books, I'm expecting them to become non-refundable upon expiry as that will enable Disney to recognize the revenue for 'unused' tickets in the 2nd quarter each year.
I'm not sure I understand this. They are non-refundable and non-transferable. They all have expiration dates on them now so I really don't get why this is a liability.

Based on history I expect the restrictions to stay. Not sure if they can add more restrictions but based on history they'll add as many as they can get away with.

danyoung56

We used to get the TIW but it has become too expensive for us - not all places accept it and we now just use the AP discount.

I strongly considered this option for my trip last week. But the TiW card was accepted at more places than the AP discount. And it was good for the full year as opposed to the AP discount which reduced in September. I went ahead and bit the bullet at bought the TiW card, which will be good for a total of 3 trips. I think it's still a good investment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom