Freaking out at Disney's Photopass...

wendysue

We don't even bother with Photopass any longer. The last two trips, there were maybe 3 shots that we would actually purchase. Especially this past November when we went to MVMCP. Blurry shots, not centered, too light or dark. That was using more than one photographer. Several shots that were taken did not show up on our photopass when we got home. We will just go and enjoy and take some pics with our own camera and be happy with that.
Can't wait for September....:)

flavious27

I have several friends who are Photopass photographers, once the pictures are taken they cannot see them.

As for the orange shirt woman, they also can't control who is walking around in the background.

Really, I was sure we could when we were down last time, but it has been awhile since we used photopass.

Yes photopass employees can't rope off areas to get the shot, imagine how much worse main street after the fireworks would be. And as nice as some people are about not getting into your shot, it happens.

sweetpee_1993

We don't even bother with Photopass any longer. The last two trips, there were maybe 3 shots that we would actually purchase. Especially this past November when we went to MVMCP. Blurry shots, not centered, too light or dark. That was using more than one photographer. Several shots that were taken did not show up on our photopass when we got home. We will just go and enjoy and take some pics with our own camera and be happy with that.
Can't wait for September....:)

This is exactly the experience we had with Photopass also in November. It was just horrible. Not much for keepers at all.

scpergj

I do too, but I can't afford the professional cameras that disney bought. During the day your own camera can handle it, night is when the specs, price and your skills matter.

Hate to tell you this, but those are not PROFESSIONAL cameras at all - they are semi-pro types. - professional models would just be too expensive given the number of photographers they have. Still very expensive (personally, I shoot with a Nikon D80, usually with my 18-200 lens and an sb-600 flash unit - and the photographers have no problems since it is similar to what they use) and I understand not being able to afford one - I saved for YEARS before I was finally able to buy one!

I usually have the photopass photographers take our family pictures, but I take my own of our kids, as well as photopass - then we just use the best shots!

flavious27

Hate to tell you this, but those are not PROFESSIONAL cameras at all - they are semi-pro types. - professional models would just be too expensive given the number of photographers they have. Still very expensive (personally, I shoot with a Nikon D80, usually with my 18-200 lens and an sb-600 flash unit - and the photographers have no problems since it is similar to what they use) and I understand not being able to afford one - I saved for YEARS before I was finally able to buy one!

I usually have the photopass photographers take our family pictures, but I take my own of our kids, as well as photopass - then we just use the best shots!

Well they are going to be better than 95% of the cameras guests bring, but yes I know they aren't going to be a professional series like the Canon 1Ds.

It's Main Street USA, it's constantly packed with people walking around. They can't stand there all day/night waiting for a clearing. :shrug:

Imagine the customer complaints if photopass blocked off sections on main street.

Diane Hughess

You are LUCKY!

You are so LUCKY they got your pix back! I had this problem in Nov. 2009. Smae thing, had over a hundred photos, some of the kids holding tinkerbell in front of the castle, waited hours for photos with the 7 Dwarfs as well! My sis and her fam also went. We purchased the Photo Pass in advance for $99. When we came home, she uploaded her pix immediately. I added mine a few days later and edited them all, they were great. I had not taken any pictures on my own, b/c I figured why should I? I'll have these great pix of our trip! When I logged on again to check everything, all was fine, all of my sis's pix and mine were there, so I told her to go ahead and order it. A few mos. later she got the CD. She gave it to me to use first. I put in in the computer, and the only photos on it were of my sis's kids (@ 20 pix). Every single one of my fam were GONE. My sis contacted Disney, and they were like "Oh, well, that's your prob". I contacted them, and got the same reply over and over. I didn't know there was a phone # to call. But now it's been 1 1/2 yrs. The thing that got me the most angry was that my Mom was diagnosed with a very rare cancer when we got back from that trip, and the 'memories' created on that PhotoPass were just gone. Thank God, my Mother is a survivor, but it really stinks that we have no memories of our trip to Disney. I find it ironic that their theme this year is 'creating memories' when they threw mine in the trash, didn't care, and didn't even offer any type of refund or effort. I would pay another $99 to just get the pix I was entitiled to!! Do you think I should call? Or has it been way too long??

loveofamouse

That's another reason why I'm not comfortable with photopass. we've done it a few times, but, thankfully, didn't rely on it as the only source for photos. We've gotten home just to see crappy pics or missing pics because someone didn't scan the cards right.

oyd 73

I know it's been a while but do you remember if you needed your photopass cards for the woman to retrieve your pictures? I'm having a similar problem and unfortunately threw away my photopass cards after I placed my order-- which I NEVER do. :(

Thanks so much!

tnemgif

What is the timeframe between ordering and receiving the pictures cd? I have been considering prebuying the CD, but It seems like it has taken some of you months to get it!

ddbowdoin

I hate to say this, but everything cannot be 100% accurate at all times...

they service millions a year, mistakes happen in the system.

Read the service agreement on the card, guarantee there is a line absolving them of any responsibility for lost images due to technical issues.

Robt

I know it's been a while but do you remember if you needed your photopass cards for the woman to retrieve your pictures? I'm having a similar problem and unfortunately threw away my photopass cards after I placed my order-- which I NEVER do. :(

Thanks so much!

I'm not a big fan of PhotoPass though I do like the attractions PhotoPass. In any event, whenever I get a PhotoPass card, I take a picture of it with my phone's camera. Even if I lose the card, I still have the card's info to locate pics later.

bsiev1977

However, they could take the picture at a better time.
What would be a better time exactly? Should they have you posing there in front if the castle until the background is clear of other people? Maybe first thing in the morning or in the dead if night. Otherwise, don't hold your breath.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom