Freaking out at Disney's Photopass...

JustJude

They can retrieve them. 6 months after my vacation I finally have discs shipped that work. They had to keep digging in and deactivating them. Didn't need the card numbers just my order number and account number

mousehockey37

Update

So, I called the customer service line for Walt Disney World and the lady I spoke with was very nice and told me this needed to be addressed. She said she was going to put me through to the photo imaging dept. and I should speak with a supervisor. I'm pretty sure it's the same number I called for Photopass customer support but this time I was given the option to leave a message. I left quite a long message and asked for someone to call me back. I waited until 1pm today and I still hadn't heard anything so I called back again. This time I was put on hold and got to speak to someone.

She said the pre-arrival CD discount I used wasn't valid for my vacation pictures b/c I bought the CD after my vacation. Which is true, I didn't know they had the pre-arrival discount until I got to WDW and one of the Photopass photographers told me they were offering it again. He told me to go ahead and purchase it before I enter my pictures in on the website. So, I told the lady this and told her it was one of her employees that told me to do it. But I didn't care if the discount wasn't applicable to me ~ I wanted my vacation pictures and would have paid regular price for them! I was told in the email that my images were missing and my CD couldn't be processed... which was the furthest thing from the truth! I told her if someone had just told me the discount wasn't valid I would have purchased the CD anyway. She said, I'm sorry but your pictures have expired now. I said (in a very firm voice), "no, my pictures are not missing and I still want the CD that I ordered and I'm willing to pay for it!" I heard her type in the background for literally a couple of seconds and then she said ok your pictures are all back on the website, you can just log in again and order your CD! :eek: Dead freakin' serious!?! Then she said, she would refund my account the $99 minus the $22.90. No, I said, I paid $99 plus $22.90 for shipping. Yes, she said but you got a CD. But I only got one CD (the stock photo CD). So, you can refund me the $99 plus the shipping for one CD, I responded. She said, well, I'll just refund you the whole amount b/c I can't figure that out! :lol: And she gave me $15 off the CD for my trouble.

Moral of the story... your pictures are not lost... they just won't take the 5 seconds to type something in on the computer to recover your pictures! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm very happy my pictures are all there. I will be ordering the CD at regular price as there is 279 pictures and it's worth for me.

I'm happy to hear that you got your pictures!! A little persistence paid off. It's insane how at the click of a mouse everything is there. People are lazy. I would have reported this person for their laziness as well, but not for the discount ;)

This is why I have my own camera. Sure, the photopass thing gives you some stuff that you can't get on your own, but if you hand the photopass person YOUR camera, you have the pictures INSTANTLY!!! Only YOU can lose them then. It takes out you having to rely on someone else handling all the memories of your trip. There are a ton of beginner DSLR cameras that are pretty inexpensive, even for the tightest budgets. So let this maybe be a wakeup call that packing your own camera might be worth avoiding the hassle in the future.

Hot Lava

What is up with that lady in the orange shirt?? Can't the photographers see the image after they take it? I was heartbroken over this. Luckily, I always give the PhotoPass photographers my camera too so I have a backup just in case. I hope you do the same after your horrible experience.

That woman in orange unknowingly photo bombed you!

This is all very scary. And loss of pictures is exactly why I asked about being able to view the account on a Kindle. I think I want to check everyday to make sure things are getting on the account.

Of course, now there is potentially the issue you have had...
:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom