FP+ meltdown part x

G00fyDad

True enough, long term Apple users known better than to buy version 1 of anything or to update software right after the updates comes out. But after those initial issues Apple rules! :)

We'll have to agree to disagree. Every Android phone I have ever had has smoked the latest iPhone. A seriously good percentage of the people I know with an iPhone sit around griping about their phone regardless of the update or new status.

BigTxEars

We'll have to agree to disagree. Every Android phone I have ever had has smoked the latest iPhone. A seriously good percentage of the people I know with an iPhone sit around griping about their phone regardless of the update or new status.

I have had good luck with mine :)

My first Apple product was a Apple IIc in 1986, went thru alot of the stuff between now and then, eMac, iMac, Mac Mini, Clamshell iBook, all generations of iBooks after the Clamshells went away, the first iPod, the 1st iPad and even the first version of the iPhone. I was using Apple when Apple was not cool! :) But you always wait for version 1.2 of hardware and software.

The latest version of OS X have been more issue prone since any before them so I hope that is a fluke :(

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I have had good luck with mine :)

My first Apple product was a Apple IIc in 1986, went thru alot of the stuff between now and then, eMac, iMac, Mac Mini, Clamshell iBook, all generations of iBooks after the Clamshells went away, the first iPod, the 1st iPad and even the first version of the iPhone. I was using Apple when Apple was not cool! :) But you always wait for version 1.2 of hardware and software.

The latest version of OS X have been more issue prone since any before them so I hope that is a fluke :(
I love that my droid phone (galaxy), can control my smart tv, Xbox, sound system, and laptops throughout the house and I can display my phone onto the tv as well and its ALL for free. Apple makes you buy that apple tv box for $99 (lmao) to be able to do it and its still not as good.

Da Man

I love that my droid phone (galaxy), can control my smart tv, Xbox, sound system, and laptops throughout the house and I can display my phone onto the tv as well and its ALL for free. Apple makes you buy that apple tv box for $99 (lmao) to be able to do it and its still not as good.

I control my sound system, smart TV, Apple TV's, thermostat, security system, sprinkler system, smoke detectors, garage doors, etc with my iphone flawlessly. Your point besides being a fandroid?

Face it-you worship at the alter of Android as much as others bow to the Temple of Jobs. Your arguments are hollow. Everyone has their preferences, yours is just for a company that datamines everything you do and sells it to everyone else.

No thanks.

Mike S

image.jpg

JediMasterMatt

Seeing these long lines at the kiosks makes me think that maybe Disney can introduce FastPass++, that gives you access to special in park kiosks that can reserve times to visit the regular FP+ kiosk?

FP+ is doubleplusgood. Don't be an unperson by committing a thoughtcrime against the Mouse.

I can't wait for the Oceania pavilion at EPCOT.

Last edited:

devoy1701

Seeing these long lines at the kiosks makes me thing that maybe Disney can introduce FastPass++, that gives you access to special in park kiosks that can reserve times to visit the regular FP+ kiosk?

FP+ is doubleplusgood. Don't be an unperson by committing a thoughtcrime against the Mouse.

I can't wait for the Oceania pavilion at EPCOT.

At one point (one of the breezeways that connects Frontierland to Adventureland) I thought that people were queueing up for a bathroom. I didn't realize it was for the FP+ Kiosk. I hope this is version 1.0 (I guess we're probably on version 1.1.7 by now), but having additional reservations limited to the kiosks which require a CM to touch the screen for me is a pain. Let me do it on my phone...if I can't figure it out, let me go to a kiosk for help.

One thing that irked me on Saturday was that while in our FP window for Pooh (advanced reservation...is there a shorthand for this yet?), we knew we weren't going to be able to make the time slot because our son was getting cranky and we needed to find a quiet corner of the park for some mommy/baby time. I tried to log in to the App and adjust the FPs for something later, but it wasn't letting me, it kept saying "You already have reservations for this pass, do you want to discard all and start over?" Well no, I don't want to discard all, I just wanted to make one change. But when I went to the "modify reservations" menu, it would say that I didn't have anything, even though they FP for Pooh still displayed on the main page. I would have preferred to save a trip to the kiosk and just modify my original selection instead of having to let my existing FP expire and go get another FP for the same attraction. Let's use technology to our advantage, not make it more cumbersome to tour the parks.

Todd H

I've never understood fanboy-ism when it comes to technology. Why someone would declare undying loyalty to a friggin' phone truly baffles me. I personally own a Nexus 5, my wife an iPhone 5, my son has an iPad Mini, we have a Kindle Fire, our everyday PC runs Linux, and my HTPC runs Windows 7. I have zero loyalty and use whatever tool gets the job done. If you feel the need to express your undying love to a piece of technology while at the same time disparaging its competitor, then you are an idiot.

Last edited:

wogwog

I've never understood fanboy-ism when it comes to technology. Why someone would declare undying loyalty to a friggin' phone truly baffles me. I personally own a Nexus 5, my wife an iPhone 5, my song has an iPad Mini, we have a Kindle Fire, our everyday PC runs Linux, and my HTPC runs Windows 7. I have zero loyalty and use whatever tool gets the job done. If you feel the need to express your undying love to a piece of technology while at the same time disparaging its competitor, then you are an idiot.
My phone has a wire that goes into a wall in my house. Works really great.

willtravel

say whaaaat? B-b-but its much faster to use a kiosk because they are conveniently located rather than the old way of walking to the attraction and getting a paper FP. LMAO. Whats sad is that this picture isnt even as bad as others I have seen. Dontcha just love waiting in a line JUST to get a FP,... only to wait in another line that Disney calls "fast" pass entrance.

View attachment 70796
Curious to see line pictures and stories at Thanksgiving and Christmas thru New Years day.

JediMasterMatt

Let's use technology to our advantage, not make it more cumbersome to tour the parks.

That's an interesting concept. Assuming "our" in your quote means the guest and not the Mouse.

Unfortunately, MM+ and FP+ are not to our advantage. Just like in Vegas, the House (of the Mouse) has the upper hand and in this specific mousetrap - they will always win.

Sure, FP+ is sold under the guise of making things easier for the guest; but, that is the lie.

In a hypothetical world where the old rides and attractions that had the original paper version of FP suddenly became the current version and no other attractions had any sort of FP, the sad fact is that if you could do every reservations from your mobile device - the resort would blow through return times even faster than it did before. People want to do popular things. Nothing will change that. The reasons why popular rides and attractions are popular will cause demand to be higher than attractions that aren't.

In reality, FP+ is a mousetrap. It's one that is designed to keep the guests running around in the maze in the hopes of being distracted by a piece of rotten cheese (Stitch/Imagination/etc) in the hope that they won't all go after the coveted cheddar at the center of the maze.

No matter how TDO tries to slice this wheel of cheese, there simply aren't enough pieces of worthy quality morsels to keep all the mice happy. Maybe add some more cheese worth eating?

"Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage." - Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins
"Homer Simpson, smiling politely" - Homer Simpson, the Simpsons

wogwog

Curious to see line pictures and stories at Thanksgiving and Christmas thru New Years day.
If you have not heard, FP kiosks are being reduced and many attendants to assist are being assigned to other duties. Fewer kiosks and fewer folks to help.

MickeyMomV

I explained the value FOR ME. Other posters were trying to claim those who enjoyed FP+ were "bad planners" and were somehow getting a lesser experience.

I can speak to my own experience and the value I get out of it. They should probably focus on their own experiences and not try to project things on those who find value in the system.

Under the old system I still couldn't ride TSM more than once a day unless I planned on being in DHS 7 hours later or wanted to wait on an hour+ line.

Part of the problem is that a good portion of the people on here bashing MDE/FP+ have not even been to the parks since MDE/FP+ started. They just feed off the negativity of others and want to add to it. Another portion of the bashers went to the park and had "1" bad experience. Wither it be it didn't open their room door that 1 day or their credit card wouldn't sync for that one purchase. Guess what, the "key to the world" had the same issues. If people only posted from their own honest personal experiences the "board" would look a lot different.

Planning? Every vacation involves planning why should Disney be any different? ADR's - I can't go to any restaurant by me at dinner time and get a table. If its the weekend, you are looking at a 60 to 90 minute wait for any restaurant wither it be Applebees, Olive Garden, Outback, Ruth's Chris, or anywhere else.
FP+ - its nice to know that I WILL get to ride the rides I want to. I have been to Disney several times with the old system and been turned away from Soar'in and TSMM because all of the days FP's were gone by 10 am and the lines were already over 90 minutes long.

Is MDE/FP+ a money pit?.... Who knows it very well could be. We will never know for sure because Disney will NEVER publically release that info. People can only speculate on what the budgets were and what the actual costs are. As long as the ticket increases don't jump any more than the historical trend I'm not sure it really matters.

Remember, people with something negative always scream the loudest and most often.

willtravel

If you have not heard, FP kiosks are being reduced and many attendants to assist are being assigned to other duties. Fewer kiosks and fewer folks to help.
I have not kept up with FP+. I figured I would worry about it in 2016. Things could change with FP+ by then. But I am curious as to why are there reductions in kiosks and help?

wogwog

I have not kept up with FP+. I figured I would worry about it in 2016. Things could change with FP+ by then. But I am curious as to why are there reductions in kiosks and help?
This MM "test" is so far over budget a lot of things are being done to reduce direct costs so it will look better to Wall Street would be my guess. Check the thread about exclusive rubber bands you can buy.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I control my sound system, smart TV, Apple TV's, thermostat, security system, sprinkler system, smoke detectors, garage doors, etc with my iphone flawlessly. Your point besides being a fandroid?

Face it-you worship at the alter of Android as much as others bow to the Temple of Jobs. Your arguments are hollow. Everyone has their preferences, yours is just for a company that datamines everything you do and sells it to everyone else.

No thanks.
It still cost me $0 dollars. And Im using a galaxy 4, so much for your thought of me worshiping. I think Apple makes amazing products, Im not one of the android people that bash on apple. I just prefer android, so calm yourself and hug your apple products. All is OK

devoy1701

That's an interesting concept. Assuming "our" in your quote means the guest and not the Mouse.

Unfortunately, MM+ and FP+ are not to our advantage. Just like in Vegas, the House (of the Mouse) has the upper hand and in this specific mousetrap - they will always win.

Sure, FP+ is sold under the guise of making things easier for the guest; but, that is the lie.

In a hypothetical world where the old rides and attractions that had the original paper version of FP suddenly became the current version and no other attractions had any sort of FP, the sad fact is that if you could do every reservations from your mobile device - the resort would blow through return times even faster than it did before. People want to do popular things. Nothing will change that. The reasons why popular rides and attractions are popular will cause demand to be higher than attractions that aren't.

In reality, FP+ is a mousetrap. It's one that is designed to keep the guests running around in the maze in the hopes of being distracted by a piece of rotten cheese (Stitch/Imagination/etc) in the hope that they won't all go after the coveted cheddar at the center of the maze.

No matter how TDO tries to slice this wheel of cheese, there simply aren't enough pieces of worthy quality morsels to keep all the mice happy. Maybe add some more cheese worth eating?

"Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage." - Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins
"Homer Simpson, smiling politely" - Homer Simpson, the Simpsons

I should have said "perceived advantage." We'll buy in to the trap if it seems advantageous. We really don't have much of a choice, right? If you eliminate the obvious pain-points with using the new system, we'll adopt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom