News Former Walt Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde to be honored as a Disney Legend at D23 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I get your perspective here but it’s very unlikely that Disney would do something like this based on their track record. I think we can expect as net gain of 0 attractions in the Dinoland area but it does seem as traction is picking up on an additional E-ticket coming to DAK? I would be interested to see where they would put this and what it would be themed as.

But... But... Bob said they're increasing capacity! $60 billion!!! He can't lie.

More sarcasm: They just need to get rid of that generic truck ride themed to a safari or whatever. Plenty of room to expand once you get rid of those pesky animals. They just cost money anyway.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
If you read closely, it says the master classes are “work sessions”.

It sounds to me like he’ll be working as a consultant on new projects as younger Imagineers shadow him.

Seems like WDI wanted to announce he was back as a consultant but didn’t want to have to publicly admit that they actually needed him after all this time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My other concern is decisions have already been made as to what they are doing and where, they already filed staging permits, so bringing him in now is interesting. Is it more for details here and there more so than what to do as a whole because I assume that’s already planned out.

I would have felt better if he was involved 1-2 years ago from a wholistic what should go where standpoint.

ToTBellHop

They didn't say he wasn't doing anything else. They just said he is reaching master classes.
Right. I’m just trying to temper my expectations. Of course he could do more. Not sure him teaching a couple classes makes that more likely.

Let’s hope the newer Imagineers actually listen to him when he gets to the “How to Wash In-Floor Custom Lighting” lesson. I hear slide 3 is titled “Pretend it’s like a baby’s bottom”.

Epcot81Fan

First session: “How to make broken asphalt tell a story!”

1711385453032.jpeg

EPCOT-O.G.

Even if he's just running masterclasses for Imagineers this is surely a good sign that his ethos and expertise are being valued and nurtured. Certainly a more positive news story than not having him involved at all.
I hope it works out better than the last time they brought back a legendary imagineer (Tony Baxter for his work on TBA).

Is he providing value-added guidance that will be adhered to? Or preemptive window dressing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom