For $1,000 less I could....

DiSnEyF@n

I just booked 5 nights at the Cabins with the QS free dining totalling about $4200 for my family of 6 with 6 day park hoppers.

For $1000 less I could stay 7 nights outside of Disney at Lake Beuna Vista Condos in a 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen and I even factored in paying for parking ($20 a day), a car rental and $300 for food from the food store.

What would you do??????? I am torn as to what we should. HELP!

The only thing making me want to stay at the Cabins is that we won't have to drive, but I have also heard that transportation in and out of the Cabins is not easy. We will have a 9 month old, 3.5 year old and 15yo and 18yo. Lugging a double stroller on all those buses is making my husband cringe lol

BigRedDad

Tickets alone are $2,305. That leaves everything else. Something to consider is getting one of them as an AP. If you are thinking of buying Memory Maker, it is almost a wash. $150 for MM + $120 for parking. Both of those are included with the AP.

As you have stated, staying offsite and adding a rental car will be about $800. You do get a ton more space and there are more places that may work for you as well and possibly be less. You have to decide whether it is worth that much to stay onsite. For me, it is an easy decision. The cost to stay on Disney property is not justifiable. We are staying for 2 weeks in two separate resorts (one 1BR and the next a 2BR) for $1,200 for 14-nights. The cheapest Value for that same stay is $2,350. We get 5x the space, washer/dryer, full kitchen, grills to use.

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

We stayed at the Cabins when my daughter was 18 months, along with my Brother and his family that had 3 children. The bus system there does kind of suck. You have to get on a bus at the cabins to go to the front, then unload and wait for another bus, or take a bus to the boat ramp and then wait for a boat. You definitely have more travel time when staying there. Are you factoring in your cost of food at Disney Parks, or do you plan to pack your meals? For us, I like the convenience of staying on property. I'm not familiar with the condos, but we had planned to stay 2 nights at the Wyndham near Disney Springs and when we got there, they charge you to park every day. Just something to think about when factoring in all of your expenses.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Tickets alone are $2,305. That leaves everything else. Something to consider is getting one of them as an AP. If you are thinking of buying Memory Maker, it is almost a wash. $150 for MM + $120 for parking. Both of those are included with the AP.

As you have stated, staying offsite and adding a rental car will be about $800. You do get a ton more space and there are more places that may work for you as well and possibly be less. You have to decide whether it is worth that much to stay onsite. For me, it is an easy decision. The cost to stay on Disney property is not justifiable. We are staying for 2 weeks in two separate resorts (one 1BR and the next a 2BR) for $1,200 for 14-nights. The cheapest Value for that same stay is $2,350. We get 5x the space, washer/dryer, full kitchen, grills to use.

It sounds like a no brainer.... We may just do offsite this time to save money and if we hate it we'll know that we'll never do it again. I'm thinking we'll probably get to the parks faster too by driving...

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We stayed at the Cabins when my daughter was 18 months, along with my Brother and his family that had 3 children. The bus system there does kind of suck. You have to get on a bus at the cabins to go to the front, then unload and wait for another bus, or take a bus to the boat ramp and then wait for a boat. You definitely have more travel time when staying there. Are you factoring in your cost of food at Disney Parks, or do you plan to pack your meals? For us, I like the convenience of staying on property. I'm not familiar with the condos, but we had planned to stay 2 nights at the Wyndham near Disney Springs and when we got there, they charge you to park every day. Just something to think about when factoring in all of your expenses.

We would eat breakfast before we left, pack lunches (like uncrustables) and either come back to the condo for dinner (order pizza a couple nights) or eat QS in the parks (maybe like 2 nights). The place we're staying at does not charge extra for parking... I just checked.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Completely. You can't hardly get a value at that price, much less a 1 or 2 bedroom. Oh that's right. You're one of those I only stay off-site people, aren't you. Sorry, but lots of us will only stay on-site, and only deluxe.
I'm confused. Are you trying to be sarcastic? My last four trips have been Animal Kingdom Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Saratoga Springs, and Animal Kingdom Lodge again.

I was making the same point that you seem to be making, that $100 per night for one- and two-bedroom villas sounds way too good to be true.

Upvote 0

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm confused. Are you trying to be sarcastic? My last four trips have been Animal Kingdom Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Saratoga Springs, and Animal Kingdom Lodge again.

I was making the same point that you seem to be making, that $100 per night for one- and two-bedroom villas sounds way too good to be true.
Ahh OK, I misunderstood - sorry. I thought you were saying that it was nuts that they were paying that much, like it was way too much to pay per night. My bad.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Not true at all. I got WBC 1BR Dlx for $560 June 17-June 24 and I have a 2BR at Orange Lake West Village for June 23 - June 30 for $659. OK, it is $1,219. For those that stay onsite and refuse to stay off, you have never explored the options out there, price, and benefit. Because you don't believe and do not want to accept it, you think it is not possible.

Before my first stay at Bonnet Creek, we stayed at Boardwalk 1BR for $1200 and SSR 1BR for $1,250. We have also stayed at Pop, POR, CSR, AKL, and WL on all previous trips spending a ton more.

You need to look at timeshare rental people for the best deals. It is not as easy as clicking on Disney's site, plug your dates in, pick your resort, and pay. You have to seek out deals, know where to look, find owners that work with you, and get the best deal. The places to start are Fleabay. Typically, I do not rent from there. It is good to get price ideas. Then use Redweek, Skyauction, and TugBBS. That is where you are going to find the best prices.

BTW, the general going rate for WBC and HICV points is $7/1000 points. Inside 60-days, Top owners get the rooms for half the points and a free upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Last summer we stayed in a condo for most of out trip and loved it(we've been off site for a few trips now), even after a few nights at SOG. I've stayed at the monorail resorts in the past but now I'd much rather have more park time. Having 2 extra park days>EMH and hoppers. But to each their own

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom