For $1,000 less I could....

DiSnEyF@n

I just booked 5 nights at the Cabins with the QS free dining totalling about $4200 for my family of 6 with 6 day park hoppers.

For $1000 less I could stay 7 nights outside of Disney at Lake Beuna Vista Condos in a 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen and I even factored in paying for parking ($20 a day), a car rental and $300 for food from the food store.

What would you do??????? I am torn as to what we should. HELP!

The only thing making me want to stay at the Cabins is that we won't have to drive, but I have also heard that transportation in and out of the Cabins is not easy. We will have a 9 month old, 3.5 year old and 15yo and 18yo. Lugging a double stroller on all those buses is making my husband cringe lol

correcaminos

Yes it's free dining that we have. However, with the deal for dining you pay full price for the room. I think what the other person meant was I could probably stay cheaper without the dining plan and just use the kitchen in the Cabin for most of our meals... Which is definitely a good idea and would save us like $800 for the week. You're literally paying for convenience of not having to take your wallet out lol
Very true! I admit I wonder if the cabins are the right choice. The internal bus does add time and without adding a car or golf cart it can be hard to get around. I love it there, but it isn't the most convenient. Without knowing dates and availability I would stay off site with your crew or consider renting DVC points

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I think DVC points will end up costing them more per night than the cabins. The Cabins, a 2 bedroom DVC, a club level deluxe room, or a suite at the All Stars or AoA are about all their options for staying onsite because their oldest is 18 and classified as a 3rd adult. The cabins at least give them ability to fix some of their own meals onsite. Unless they are die hard like me about being in the bubble offsite 2 bedroom condo probably the best price for the most space. Their travel dates are end of August, when it is still hot and humid.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I think DVC points will end up costing them more per night than the cabins. The Cabins, a 2 bedroom DVC, a club level deluxe room, or a suite at the All Stars or AoA are about all their options for staying onsite because their oldest is 18 and classified as a 3rd adult. The cabins at least give them ability to fix some of their own meals onsite. Unless they are die hard like me about being in the bubble offsite 2 bedroom condo probably the best price for the most space. Their travel dates are end of August, when it is still hot and humid.
They could fit into a 1 bedroom that sleeps 5 (baby won't count) but that could be cramped. DVC doesn't care about number of adults like other room types do. But I didn't even look at availability. SSR and OKW aren't as bad cost wise, but still more than tbe cabins. The suites at AoA were there too but not a favorite I admit.

Having spent time at Ft. Wilderness, I think offsite is a better option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom