Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

DisneyOutsider

I wish there were more US Vloggers that had kids. I’m kinda done on Disney adults on all these vlogs
As a parent who likes finding new WDW content, I hear this... but I also understand that including children in your online content for-profit is entering extremely murky ethical waters to say the least. Children, especially young children, have no way of consenting to that type of exposure and exploitation.

There are some high-profile vlogger couple(s) who built a huge following before they were parents, and then when they did become parents they threw their child in front of the camera at every opportunity for their viewers. It's really creepy when you see the viewers comments and obsession with the children, and it makes me really sad for the children themselves being used as content to feed the Youtube algo.

Viewers become obsessed with the lives of these vloggers that they spend hours and hours of their lives watching, and then when they suddenly become parents it seems some vloggers don't have any healthy boundaries prepared to balance the safety of their children with their need to generate more profitable content.

I think once you become a parent, the whole vlogger lifestyle becomes unsustainable, for this reason and many others.

Ayla

As a parent who likes finding new WDW content, I hear this... but I also understand that including children in your online content for-profit is entering extremely murky ethical waters to say the least. Children, especially young children, have no way of consenting to that type of exposure and exploitation.

There are some high-profile vlogger couple(s) who built a huge following before they were parents, and then when they did become parents they threw their child in front of the camera at every opportunity for their viewers. It's really creepy when you see the viewers comments and obsession with the children, and it makes me really sad for the children themselves being used as content to feed the Youtube algo.

Viewers become obsessed with the lives of these vloggers that they spend hours and hours of their lives watching, and then when they suddenly become parents it seems some vloggers don't have any healthy boundaries prepared to balance the safety of their children with their need to generate more profitable content.

I think once you become a parent, the whole vlogger lifestyle becomes unsustainable, for this reason and many others.
*See Ruby Franke.

DisneyOutsider

*See Ruby Franke.
Well, that's a rather extreme case. That individual was likely abusing her children before, during and after the internet exposure, sadly. It's incredible she had the audacity to broadcast her abusive parenting style to the world, but unfortunately it seems she was hiding the worst of it from view.

I haven't seen anything even close to approaching that level of abuse from the Disney Vloggersphere. It's a different kind of danger. In most cases I don't think there are evil intentions, but they just don't have a plan, and it results in them letting the Youtube algorithm run their lives and direct their content, to the detriment of their children. The tail is wagging the dog.

Colonel Angus

It is a large part of why I stopped watching the trackers. I get it. I don't have kids and am somewhat a "Disney Adult" in the sense that I like the theme parks. I couldn't tell you anything about most of the movies or characters etc... I don't watch Marvel movies and know nothing about them and I've never seen Harry Potter. So, I'm in a weird demographic for sure. I agree that exploitation of kids is kinda messed up but parents have done it for generations to kids in the form of forced religion and beliefs etc... Now, I know that is a bit different from slapping them in front of a camera but it is the lack of choice or ability to choose at the same time.

I really only watch often right now because I have a trip in a few months but after that I'll probably only hate watch Kyle Pallo. I do find some channels beneficial because they highlight and describe some of the big Disney changes better than reading an article. I don't care to watch for their personal lives, I just want park updates and info.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think the Trackers do a good job of balancing the parks and their family outings.
They were the first ones I thought of reading Outsiders post also, I still enjoy the park visits and their cruise stuff but find the home vlogs kind of creepy, it feels like every second of their kids life has been recorded for the whole world to see.

I think they’ve done a relatively good job (or as good as possible) of not exploiting him for views but when you televise your life your kids are bound to have no privacy.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Personally, I have a high alcohol tolerance despite my smaller size and I've never actually been drunk. I can go to Epcot, have a beer in one place with snacks. Then leisurely walk over to another area and get a frozen alcoholic beverage, drink some water, go somewhere else and have whiskey and never have any effects. I also don't curse in public or around young kids out of respect. I know how to conduct myself. I'm in a theme park not a club.

This basically describes me. I grew up in New Orleans seeing both responsible and irresponsible drinking and that shaped me a lot. But when I actually started drinking I learned that I have similar high tolerance. It's both a blessing and curse, and I'm now at the point that I don't drink bad booze because there's no reason for me to drink ****. I now limit drinking to stuff I want to taste, so more cocktails, wine, craft beer, and nicer rums and whiskeys. But you get it, sister.

Regarding vloggers, I have that I'd watch drink (or eat). Most are sharing their experience, and that's fine and for general atmosphere it's great, but I like people talking about food and drink to talk more about taste than "this is good' and "I didn't like this." Molly and Alan do a good job, at least in videos that aren't sponspored. Since they're the only ones I'll watch drink I have no idea others's proclivities for alcohol. It would sadden me to see some vloggers whose content I otherwise enjoy be dispectful under the guise of alcohol.

Indy_UK

Yeah that’s very true.

We’ve just come back from our trip and our son who has Autism, beat us on a daily basis and the holiday was mostly a write off, which I’m gutted about but confirmed that there is no way on earth we would be able to be a Vlogging family

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
There are very few who can parent and vlog well. I think Josh does okay with ResortTV1. But even those like Josh that seem to balance it are still ripped apart by folks that think they're away from families too much. With or without kids, criticized both ways.

I think podcasting about experiences with kids would be a great. Hearing about everything from planning through post trip reviews, all with a big focus on visiting with kids. It seems like it'd be an easier medium to maintain because it could be done from home vs. feeling a need to be out creating video content. I've thought about it before but always have more reasons to not do it, mostly because it seems like everyone has a podcast and worth fighting to create a space that likely already exists. 😄

Ayla

I really like Ron because his family uprooted from Washington state with no belongings and his wife gave him 1 year to make his channel work and he's already over 20k subs.
That isn't something to be proud of. How incredibly irresponsible, unless he's independently wealthy, already.

Ayla

So has there been any sign of Pete Werner at all yet or has he really gone into hiding?
I bet he'll be back. There is only a tiny percentage of posters on the Dis who even know/care what happened and since they aren't allowing anyone to talk about it anymore, it was soon swept under the rug.

He's like the toxic boyfriend people running the Dis can't quit.

DisneyOutsider

I bet he'll be back. There is only a tiny percentage of posters on the Dis who even know/care what happened and since they aren't allowing anyone to talk about it anymore, it was soon swept under the rug.

He's like the toxic boyfriend people running the Dis can't quit.
He will 100% never be back at The Dis. Zero chance of that happening. I'm not sure you understand the terrible position that he put those companies in, and how badly he burned the bridge with his former business partners. He should now be fully divested of his ownership share of both companies.

He could try to do his own thing, but the online backlash would be so harsh that there's no way I can see him making a comeback work.

He's cancelled, for better or for worse.

Ayla

He will 100% never be back at The Dis. Zero chance of that happening. I'm not sure you understand the terrible position that he put those companies in, and how badly he burned the bridge with his former business partners. He should now be fully divested of his ownership share of both companies.

He could try to do his own thing, but the online backlash would be so harsh that there's no way I can see him making a comeback work.

He's cancelled, for better or for worse.
Oh, you mean the companies who have continued on as if absolutely nothing happened? Those companies? "Should be" and "actually are" are two very different things.

DisneyOutsider

Oh, you mean the companies who have continued on as if absolutely nothing happened? Those companies? "Should be" and "actually are" are two very different things.
Yeah, you're really misunderstanding the situation here.

The company has put out a public statement acknowledging the accusations and making it clear that Pete will no longer be associated with the Dis moving forward, officially or unofficially. Beyond that, there's not much they can say because this is an active legal issue where they are named as a party in a lawsuit.

What do you expect them to say? Did you expect them to shut down the whole company because of this? They are trying to sell vacation packages and they employ quite a few people... it's in their best interest to move on from Pete and create as much distance from their travel agency and Pete Werner as possible. It can only hurt their business to continue talking about him in any way.

I'm not here to defend Dreams Unlimited and/or the Dis and their handling of the situation... just explaining that their being quiet on the issue is not devious and is in no way an indication that Pete could still come back.

When I say he "should be" fully divested, I mean that the company has publicly stated that they have begun the process. It's a matter of when, not if, as it can take time for transactions like this be completed.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm not trying to be dismissive of the sexuel assault allegations, but even if "only" looking at the credit card situation then Dreams Unlimited would still push him out for opening a business credit card and, allegedly, running nearly $900,000 in personal expenses. The sexual assault allegations only add more fuel and reason why he won't return. He can't be a part of that business because there are fiduciary issues.

The DIS itself is a different story. I can see him being able to quietly hold on to the website and making money off that while folks just run it differently. A few years ago a bunch of celebrity chefs were exposed in separate sexual assault allegations and fostering bad work environments. I know at least one where the business name changed but the celebrity chef remained an owner but effectively pulled back from any public facing position. I am unsure about his current involvement in the business other than being an owner.

So I can see a path that he holds on to ownership of stuff like the DIS but is then entirely hands off and just collects checks. But Dreams Unlimited? There's no reasonable path to him being involved in that business. The difference is one involves screwing up money and the other doesn't.

That said, regardless of what happens with ownership interests he won't be public facing again with the existing businesses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom