Florida Animation Studio to be Gutted

adr315

I have a VERY STRONG feeling that the gutted Animation studio (which i'm guessing is the fairly new studio building, NOT the animation attraction building) will house all the CM facilities currently in the Indiana Jones area, in order for that area to be cleared out in he future for the Indiana Jones Ride....

imagineersrock

Originally posted by bartman454
I'm a backlot tour CM and they wouldn't let us touch a single damm thing when they tore down Residential Street. Although on the upside they did let us go swimming in the little stunt water tank pool the night of the demolition. Those were the days.:king:

really..

so.. can you give us any insight as to if the tour will be reopening in april, what the new route will be, or if there will infact be a new theme for the water tank show??

bartman454

alas i am currently a seasonal cm and i wont be back their until July so your guess is as good as mine. From what i do know i would doubt that the SPFX water tank would have a theme change, as for the tour route itself its definitely possible their was a lot of talking about shortening the tour when we went down in January

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Maybe they'll use the building to showcase all their upcoming blockbusters, like Bambi 2, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, Cinderella 3, Snow White 2, 103 Dalamations and many, many more!

Or maybe they'll drag their feet for a while, then, when Eisner's gone and someone with a clue is in charge, they'll reopen the whole damn thing. I know, I'm dreaming. 3-D animation is where it's at, just look at Pixar. I mean, the 3-D is the only reason people flock to the movies, isn't it? Surely the story has nothing to do with it....

end immense sarcasm.

bhg469

Originally posted by xfkirsten
I haven't heard one way or the other, but the bit about "allowing" CMs to take stuff from the building makes me wonder about its truthfulness. I really can't see Disney letting them do that... unless by "allowing" they mean CMs are sneaking it behind Disney's back. :p

-Kirsten

they can put me down for one of their herman miller chairs, those babies go for like $500, my work wont let me take one so maybe disney will donate one

MrDisney16

Original Poster
I think what the CM meant when he told me this was that CMs were taking stuff out of there without permission. Maybe this info is wrong, it was just a CM that told me and what do they know.:lol: :D :hammer: Just kidding to all those CM on this board. I hope he is wrong though, I really enjoyed the tour. By the way, I was thinking and maybe they will rip down the animation building and build a new one in the shape of the hat across the road from MGM so they can rip down the hat in front of the chinese theatre. That would be a cool building.

guwag

Originally posted by bhg469
they can put me down for one of their herman miller chairs, those babies go for like $500, my work wont let me take one so maybe disney will donate one

*drooools* Aeron Chairs :D

bhg469

I am sitting in one right now but they wont let me take it home, i promised i would bring it back. Now they just watch me all the time :lookaroun :mad:

STGRhost

I can't decide if this thread is serious or not, but I'll add my $.02 anyway...

I very much doubt they will "gut" the animation building. The TOUR building, possibly, but the F.A. building is new(ish), state-of-the-art, and gorgeous, and can be used to house some of the administration offices or other "backstage" type stuff. I know a lot of those offices are crossing fingers, toes, etc, to be able to work there. The other option would be to rent space (like a regular office building) which would probably appeal more to the money people in charge right now (but may not work due to security questions...)

Plus, if they get rid of it, where will the GSMs park?!:eek:

NowInc

Most people dont realize how nice the animation building is/was. Id love to see them do something "productive" with it, but i dont see it happening. Gutting will prob be the direction it will go.

matt88mph

Originally posted by HauntedPirate
Maybe they'll use the building to showcase all their upcoming blockbusters, like Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas.

I know, I'm dreaming. 3-D animation is where it's at, just look at Pixar. I mean, the 3-D is the only reason people flock to the movies, isn't it?

Well, HauntedPirate, I hate to be the one to break it to you and...errr.....

This holiday season, Disney is releasing Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, at it will be in 3-D animation. Since it's a direct-to-video release, and I got a picture of it in my Stockholder Annual Report, I don't think I'll be running to my local Blockbuster for it.

Disnycrazy

This is just depressing to think that they would gut the whole building out. It really make me mad that they let all those talented Animators go. I love the traditional 2-D Animation don't get me wrong I do love the 3-D but they are killing the whole thing that Disney was mad famous for it's Animation.
:fork:

Also, does anyone know if this is true that they are gutting the building or if it is just speculation right now?

Jusjuice

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but.............
When we were there on Saturday, the guide of the tour said that they were excited that they will be bringing new things for guests to do, where you can interact with you favorite Disney characters, and put your own words into a Disney movie. Obviously, this is the Beast's Library and Ursula's Grotto, from the DCA animation tour. I was surprised how straightforward they were about the closure of the Animation Studio. I was expecting them just to not mention it, but the girl talked about what had been made there, and then said that it was closed because they were trying to consolidate into one studio, "like in animation's Golden Age." It was kind of creepy to see all the glass windows dark. I had figured that they would just show the empty studio, with desks, etc., like it almost always was when I've been on the tour. (I don't remeber ever seeing any animators in there in the last few years.) So, it looks like they are going to turn it more into the Animation Tour from DCA. Too bad the best part of that one is the big room you walk into with all the screens around you.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Jusjuice
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but.............
When we were there on Saturday, the guide of the tour said that they were excited that they will be bringing new things for guests to do, where you can interact with you favorite Disney characters, and put your own words into a Disney movie. Obviously, this is the Beast's Library and Ursula's Grotto, from the DCA animation tour. I was surprised how straightforward they were about the closure of the Animation Studio. I was expecting them just to not mention it, but the girl talked about what had been made there, and then said that it was closed because they were trying to consolidate into one studio, "like in animation's Golden Age." It was kind of creepy to see all the glass windows dark. I had figured that they would just show the empty studio, with desks, etc., like it almost always was when I've been on the tour. (I don't remeber ever seeing any animators in there in the last few years.) So, it looks like they are going to turn it more into the Animation Tour from DCA. Too bad the best part of that one is the big room you walk into with all the screens around you.

(sigh) I guess this was kind of inevitable. I do love DCA's animation building, but it's just not the same as having live animators. Of course, this doesn't exactly give me any incentive to go in there anymore, unless they put the old Disney Classics end film in there somewhere.

I agree, though, the bet part is the entryway into DCA's building. I love to just sit in that room and doodle and listen to the music... surrounded my inspiration!

-Kirsten

imagineer boy

Oh man. I feel so sick about this whole thing. That Eisner B@st@rd needs to go to hell. The reason why people weren't watching the movies was because of many reasons:

1. They didn't receive good critic reviews

2. They should have put more effort into them

3. They should have stopped making PG rated movies like Treasure planet that had violence in them. The reason why Treasure Planet was a flop was because people thought it would be as violent as Atlantis and didn't want their kids to see it.

I feel so sad for the poor animators who lost the jobs they loved.:cry:

SusanAnne

We were there last week and took "the tour", and it was very sad to see it so empty. Two years ago we took the same tour and we actually got to talk with one of the animators at work, and to watch the rest of them. At the end of the tour we asked the cm about the studio, and she just replied that some of them were given the chance to go to California, and she tried to make it sound great, but pursing it more, she finally agreed that it was very sad, and that it was a big mistake to remove it. It is such a waste!!! They are removing all traces of the old Disney. It is not the same and will be missed...

NowInc

Originally posted by imagineer boy

3. They should have stopped making PG rated movies like Treasure planet that had violence in them. The reason why Treasure Planet was a flop was because people thought it would be as violent as Atlantis and didn't want their kids to see it.

No...it flopped because it was marketing badly. Unlike SUCCESSFULL disney cartoons..it didnt have any characters kids could "get in to". Atlantis suffered the same fate. Violence had nothing to do with it :)

ToTBellHop

the DCA Animation building is far superior to how our tour has been the past few years. If the building needs to be changed, I am happy that they are going in this direction. And maybe they will have large entryway like at DCA--the animation studios are rather large.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom