Florida Animation Studio to be Gutted

MrDisney16

Original Poster
Hey all, I just came back from Disney World last week. I had an excellent time but I asked the Cast member in the Magic of Disney Animation how long the tour would continue now with the studio closed and if the animators would be back in Florida and he said, "I doubt they will reopen the studios as they are preparing now to gut the building and allowing cast to take items home from the building.." Can anyone else confirm this or know what they might be gutting it for?

Shaman

Re: Re: Florida Animation Studio to be Gutted

Originally posted by DMC-12
Another Gift Shop or Pin Store? :confused: :lol: ;)

No its a giftshop/pin store/character meet n greet all in one....:lookaroun

:brick: :cry:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Re: Re: Re: Florida Animation Studio to be Gutted

Originally posted by objr
No its a giftshop/pin store/character meet n greet all in one....:lookaroun

:brick: :cry:

:lol: And DVC Booth!!... you forgot that one!... :lol:

:(

Shaman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Florida Animation Studio to be Gutted

Originally posted by DMC-12
:lol: And DVC Booth!!... you forgot that one!... :lol:

You're right!!! How could I forget the DVC booth....:brick:

I just hope that if infact the building will be gutted, that something good is put in its place...maybe even an animation attraction like DCA's....

BigNorm

All kidding and jokes aside, if this is for real, and I'm not doubting you MrDisney, this is sacrilege. That's the place where they created some of our favourite movies. Of course they threw out the animators like old garbage and called it "cutbacks," so I doubt they really care about us at all. Another example of corporate greed at work me thinks. :mad: I'm definitely boycotting the animation tour now!

xfkirsten

I haven't heard one way or the other, but the bit about "allowing" CMs to take stuff from the building makes me wonder about its truthfulness. I really can't see Disney letting them do that... unless by "allowing" they mean CMs are sneaking it behind Disney's back. :p

-Kirsten

Legacy

Originally Posted By BigNorm-
That's the place where they created some of our favourite movies.
Your three favorite movies are Mulan, Lilo & Stitch and Brother Bear? So are mine!

Well... replace Mulan with Tarzan... but you know what I mean

cloudboy

They have probably already taken out all the worthwhile stuff, and all that is left is a few bulletin boards and pencil holders.

BigNorm

Originally posted by Legacy
Your three favorite movies are Mulan, Lilo & Stitch and Brother Bear? So are mine!

Well... replace Mulan with Tarzan... but you know what I mean

I was actually thinking The Lion King, but I'm glad you sorta got my point.

DarkMeasures

Well if Animation ever returns to Orlando, they could just build a new Animation building. But since the building is not being used, Use it for a tour or DarkRide.

DarkMeasures

It's not Michael's fault. It's the consumers fault for not watching animated movies. But still, we will still get one animated movie a year. That's good.

bartman454

I can tell you one thing if they did decide to gut the animation building they will not i repeat they WILL NOT let the CM's take stuff away from the tour. I know this for I'm a backlot tour CM and they wouldn't let us touch a single damm thing when they tore down Residential Street. Although on the upside they did let us go swimming in the little stunt water tank pool the night of the demolition. Those were the days.:king:

GaryT977

Originally posted by BigNorm
I'm definitely boycotting the animation tour now!

Judging by the attendance of this attraction during my trip in December, no one will notice.

It's really sad. Couldn't they have used this building for TV animation or something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom