Pre-Trip Flights are on sale, hotels are on sale....

Um...
Hi!
I have reached @Tuvalu status I think and last minute booked a trip. Yes, I am going in November.....BUT how does one pass down an amazing Southwest sale and AP hotel sale?!

Let's get down to business! (to defeat the Huns)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7682022135(1).jpg

When?
September 3-5 - quick trip!

Why?
I am so sad MSEP is leaving and I HAD to see it one more time. When I realized I was off Labor Day weekend I looked at flights. Southwest happened to have an amazing $64 flight sale. Then looked at the Disney website and saw that they have an amazing AP discount so....a trip was formed! Took my Mom some convincing, but I knew she would come around!

Where?
The Boardwalk! Was the cheapest of the hotels so I grabbed it! Never stayed there before or truly had a desire to but I am up to try anything new!

Well, I have a problem with being addicted to Disney and thats that :)

LisaBelle

Excited that you will get to see MSEP one last time!
In response to what you asked @blgauger, I live in Cincinnati and we started school August 17. Lots of places hold out until right after Labor Day and even the schools who start early get Labor Day off. I'm thinking crowds will be big but not unbearable.
Wish I could join you! The other day I told my husband my retirement goal is to be a Disney AP holder and possibly DVC member. Then I will be able to join the ranks of you and @Tuvalu.
Have a great trip. Can't wait to read the TR!

DisneyDaver

Sounds like a great getaway! Wish I could convince my wife to make multiple WDW trips per year. We have compromised on once every two years. I'm hoping that when our daughter gets older (she is 14 months now), she will be on my side and we will outvote my wife 2-1 for many WDW trips! :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Sounds like a great getaway! Wish I could convince my wife to make multiple WDW trips per year. We have compromised on once every two years. I'm hoping that when our daughter gets older (she is 14 months now), she will be on my side and we will outvote my wife 2-1 for many WDW trips! :)

Haha start her young so you can get her to the "dark" Disney side. My whole family wasn't nearly as into Disney as I am until I started planning trips semi-catering to their likes and showed them all the cool things to do :)

Best part of walking distance to EPCOT.... breakfast at the France pavilion... :joyfull:

Ah! I didn't even think about that! Thats a great idea!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Had some free time on my hand (read no free time, but still did it) so we made some tip envelopes today
Chose a summer theme for the Mousekeeping envelopes :)
IMG_2238.jpg

And a travel themed one for DME :)
IMG_2239.jpg

Also, because I always get sucked into Disney extras I booked my Mom and I the VIP MSEP Dining Package at Tony's Town Square. Its at lunch time and my Mom really likes it there so I am willing to go back! I may try the steak...has anyone had that before?

Can not believe we are going next week !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I have :) She often walks around the house carrying the a Mickey doll in one hand and a Minnie doll in the other. She calls them "key" and "nee". And I play Disney songs for her when I get home from work each night.

Love it!!! Thats so cute!!! I make my nephew listen to Disney songs all the time too :)

Billy6

Nice! I too am taking advantage of SW's awesome fares and headed down in November! $127 RT out of Chicago is awesome! That's how it used to be but recently it's been around $300. Can't pass that up!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Had some free time on my hand (read no free time, but still did it) so we made some tip envelopes today
Chose a summer theme for the Mousekeeping envelopes :)

That is so sweet that you make your own decorative envelopes for Mousekeeping stafff. I'm sure that brings a smile to their faces. A few other people on the forums have decorated envelopes as well.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Nice! I too am taking advantage of SW's awesome fares and headed down in November! $127 RT out of Chicago is awesome! That's how it used to be but recently it's been around $300. Can't pass that up!

Yea the fares have been so high lately! Luckily they keep dropping! Our original flights in November were so expensive!!! Thankfully they dropped by like $150

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That is so sweet that you make your own decorative envelopes for Mousekeeping stafff. I'm sure that brings a smile to their faces. A few other people on the forums have decorated envelopes as well.

Last trip a DME driver was so excited when we gave him his envelope :) I love doing something special for them, and I love a good craft!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
AH! I'm so sorry guys I forgot to respond to these :(

So exciting! I wish Southwest ran flights that low out of Memphis :(. I'd take a lot more weekend trips! I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the Boardwalk. We're staying there for two nights in October. Love the idea of being able to walk to Epcot!

Southwest is so odd right now! Sometimes I look and prices are so low and other times there are in the 400s haha. I will def let you know about the Boardwalk

I am super jealous, but so excited for you!!!!!!! :)

Thank you! I will let you know if I find Christmas ears :)

Excited that you will get to see MSEP one last time!
In response to what you asked @blgauger, I live in Cincinnati and we started school August 17. Lots of places hold out until right after Labor Day and even the schools who start early get Labor Day off. I'm thinking crowds will be big but not unbearable.
Wish I could join you! The other day I told my husband my retirement goal is to be a Disney AP holder and possibly DVC member. Then I will be able to join the ranks of you and @Tuvalu.
Have a great trip. Can't wait to read the TR!

Yea our schools here start the Tuesday after Labor Day! Hope your school year is going well so far!!!!! What did he say when you said it was your goal to be an AP and DVC member? haha

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Congratulations in getting one more trip in! Our AP's expire at the end of November and I'm trying to get one more trip in before they do. However, I'm having a hard time finding a room. Unless I choose a 2-bedroom, club level suite at the Grand Floridian for $1,981.80 per night (I wish!)

upload_2016-8-29_14-31-5.png

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Congratulations in getting one more trip in! Our AP's expire at the end of November and I'm trying to get one more trip in before they do. However, I'm having a hard time finding a room. Unless I choose a 2-bedroom, club level suite at the Grand Floridian for $1,981.80 per night (I wish!)

View attachment 157992

OMG!!! That price is insane!!!! Keep looking! When I went last November I booked 60 days out over the phone and they were able to find me a hotel room that was not listed on the website!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
OMG!!! That price is insane!!!! Keep looking! When I went last November I booked 60 days out over the phone and they were able to find me a hotel room that was not listed on the website!

Yeah, I keep playing with different dates. I will keep looking, but man, sometimes Disney makes it so hard to spend money!!

Are you doing the Halloween party this trip?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom