Flight of Passenge problems

correcaminos

I apologize if they came across that way. I just hate abuse. The ADA has done a lot of great things for disabilities, unfortunately there has also been bad people who take advantage of it...and try to take advantage of it. I'm a Platinum passholder at WDW and at Cedar Fair.. I read constant reviews blasting our local park because they didn't allow a group of 6, 8, 10 to have a disability pass for their child's adhd or type 2 diabetes. Come on now.
I have a cousin who recently passed away.. she had severe MS. She loved Disney, and she loved amusement parks. People like her, my grandmother, and plenty of other examples legitimately deserve that kind of access. I don't think my brother with ADHD does.
They're the ones who get negatively affected when abuse causes things to change.
Again, I was just stating my opinion.. I don't need to change anyone else's thoughts on the matter.

Here's when Disney and Cedar Fair changed their policies..at the time I remember both of them stating abuse as one of the reasons.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/travel/article/disney-disability-policy-changes/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-fair-kings-island-autistic-children/2420127/
For Disney they had a story done on the news showing people using the pass to take people through the lines for a fee. It changed very quickly after that.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/us/disney-skipping-lines/index.html

I have family with true disabilities as well. True issues and actually for many years we just dealt with it. Even when one needs a DAS now doesn't mean they always use it for all the rides. Sometimes they will just go up and see the 30 minute wait and move on. So at least having it used in the group I know not all are abusing. Some always will. Even Six Flags will require a note to get it usable but still there are ways around it.

I'm an Ohioan so I remember hearing about that as well. We haven't done either coaster park in years though... not sure if we'd bother at this point just because it gets harder to navigate even with passes (other reasons). Kings Island's disability pass from what I read is very similar to Disney save Disney doesn't count wheelchair as a need for it (and it isn't in itself).

Anyway just take heart that they have made it harder. ADHD wouldn't get you a pass as far as I know, but more serious issues will.

JusticeDisney

So because you don't mind it, everyone else is a "baby"?
So how many people would you be OK jumping in front of you....5....10....20...50?
Never said I don't mind it. I just understand that sometimes things happen in life, some of which (like a few people cutting ahead of you in line at an amusement park) aren't really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

I've been to WDW more times than I can count, and I've never seen more than a few people here and there try to get ahead in a line, and even then it's usually just to catch up with other members of their group. All in all, it probably caused me to have to wait in line a whole 32 seconds longer. Like I said, boo hoo hoo.

21stamps

For Disney they had a story done on the news showing people using the pass to take people through the lines for a fee. It changed very quickly after that.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/us/disney-skipping-lines/index.html

I have family with true disabilities as well. True issues and actually for many years we just dealt with it. Even when one needs a DAS now doesn't mean they always use it for all the rides. Sometimes they will just go up and see the 30 minute wait and move on. So at least having it used in the group I know not all are abusing. Some always will. Even Six Flags will require a note to get it usable but still there are ways around it.

I'm an Ohioan so I remember hearing about that as well. We haven't done either coaster park in years though... not sure if we'd bother at this point just because it gets harder to navigate even with passes (other reasons). Kings Island's disability pass from what I read is very similar to Disney save Disney doesn't count wheelchair as a need for it (and it isn't in itself).

Anyway just take heart that they have made it harder. ADHD wouldn't get you a pass as far as I know, but more serious issues will.

Oh I definitely know that not everyone is abusing it, or even the majority. I just think people have gone a little crazy with what they expect to receive it for...and some use laws to outright lie. Just sad that it had to get to the point of needing a tightening up of the policies. As far as I know, Six Flags is the only major park chain to still offer a true front of the line.

Anyway.. to get back on topic, if you don't have a disability pass.. there's no reason to not stand in the line with everyone else. :)

21stamps

Never said I don't mind it. I just understand that sometimes things happen in life, some of which (like a few people cutting ahead of you in line at an amusement park) aren't really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

I've been to WDW more times than I can count, and I've never seen more than a few people here and there try to get ahead in a line, and even then it's usually just to catch up with other members of their group. All in all, it probably caused me to have to wait in line a whole 32 seconds longer. Like I said, boo hoo hoo.

Have you read some of the threads on this site? Anything from the size of free water cups, a sign change, to the cost of Mickey bars, to being stuck on a ride for a few minutes.
Those are ridiculous to me.

This specific thread is actually one of the legitimate complaints.lol

Wendy Pleakley

I've been to WDW many times and I've rarely seen anyone trying to cut lines. The odd person joining a group isn't worth getting worked up over. The only time I was annoyed by it was in California, one person in line for Haunted Mansion had his group of 30 join him. In a case like that, he should have exited to join the larger group.

Sometimes people will need to use the washroom unexpectedly. It's perfectly reasonable for them to re-join the line. Are some people cutting for illegitimate reasons? Probably. Do I know for sure? No. Can I control it? No.

Unless it's a common occurrence, and I don't think it is, it's not worth worrying about.

correcaminos

Oh I definitely know that not everyone is abusing it, or even the majority. I just think people have gone a little crazy with what they expect to receive it for...and some use laws to outright lie. Just sad that it had to get to the point of needing a tightening up of the policies. As far as I know, Six Flags is the only major park chain to still offer a true front of the line.

Anyway.. to get back on topic, if you don't have a disability pass.. there's no reason to not stand in the line with everyone else. :)
Yep 6 Flags does do FOTL but they require a doctor's note from what I understand.I will say I think FOTL is too much for most (save something like MAW) so I think Disney and Cedar Fair handle it well.
I've been to WDW many times and I've rarely seen anyone trying to cut lines. The odd person joining a group isn't worth getting worked up over. The only time I was annoyed by it was in California, one person in line for Haunted Mansion had his group of 30 join him. In a case like that, he should have exited to join the larger group.

Sometimes people will need to use the washroom unexpectedly. It's perfectly reasonable for them to re-join the line. Are some people cutting for illegitimate reasons? Probably. Do I know for sure? No. Can I control it? No.

Unless it's a common occurrence, and I don't think it is, it's not worth worrying about.

Makes me wonder, is this a common occurrence for many?

Paul Milburn

Original Poster

My self and my family were in for RoP last Thursday afternoon, within a 135 min wait, at least 15 people cut in front. I did one of those people leave the line.
On Friday evening when I went again, it was a 95 min wait, and within that time at least 7 people cut in line. Once again, I didn't see any of them leave. I would call that "rare"

Rumrunner

If a person is separated from their family I have no problem letting them pass to unite with their family. Most of us can distinguish between cutting in line and wanting to catch up to their group. Line cutting is rude but it happens-some people just lack class.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If a person is separated from their family I have no problem letting them pass to unite with their family. Most of us can distinguish between cutting in line and wanting to catch up to their group. Line cutting is rude but it happens-some people just lack class.
Why would it be any less polite to just suggest that the group stop where they are in line and wait for their errant member to catch up?

Courtney6682

I didn't see this scenario posted so please allow me to pose this question:

I have myself, DW, and daughters. Assume a ride with an interactive queue such as Winnie the Pooh with activities for the kids. What would you deem as correct etiquette for these situations? Do I continue to move up the line while my DW stays back a few minutes with the kids to play with the activities, and then they re-join me later? Do we all remove ourselves from the line and then re-join infront of someone after the kids have had there fill? (Judging by all the previous postings I could see this option being problematic) etc...

I have never attended a ride with an iteractive queue like this so I may be off base here, but I'm envisioning these play zones set up for the kids to remove themselves from the lines for a short period of time. Anyway, any insight would be helpful thanks.

Let me just preface this by saying that I have been to WDW with little kids of all ages, my own included from the time she was she was 1 on up to her current age of 17. In MY HUMBLE opinion when it's time to move forward, it's time to move forward. I would let her play and look at all the stuff there, but when it was our turn to move up I picked her up and off we went. If I wanted to stay back, I would let the next few people go ahead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom