Flight of Passenge problems

djdan888

Um.. what?

I used very specific examples related to this thread and comments on this thread.. i.e. Digestive or bladder or ADHD.. all which can be bothersome in long waits, but in My opinion do not deserve a disability pass.

You are welcome to have an opinion too.. beauty of free thinking :)
Yes, you can have your opinion, but it sounds like you want your opinion to be Disney's as well. My opinion is that your opinion is very misinformed, but you can have whatever opinion you want, as you say. I personally will never question a person with a disability and luckily the law is on my side.

21stamps

Yes, you can have your opinion, but it sounds like you want your opinion to be Disney's as well. My opinion is that your opinion is very misinformed, but you can have whatever opinion you want, as you say. I personally will never question a person with a disability and luckily the law is on my side.

Right. So if someone with IBD gets a pass, then someone with IBS should get a pass.

Sounds ridiculous to me.. but whatever.

I absolutely think people take "disability" advantages from the ADA and abuse them.
It's sad to me because there are people who legitimately need these "advantages" and because of the abusers, the people who need them are typically the ones who get negatively effected by those actions. Such as Disney's change in policy a few years ago.

21stamps

Again, I speak from experience as my wife has a DAS pass, we still wait, just not in line, so I am not sure how us DAS people are affecting your trip in the least.

I speak from experience at Disney and other amusement parks. Disney changed their policy, so you must have only been going since the new one came out. Most other parks still give essentially a Fast Lane Pass.

A bladder issue/disease shouldn't warrant line jumping.. in MY opinion.

Anyway, please don't turn this into some disability debate/attack. Go back and read my comment.. it wasn't discrimatory in the least.

I hope you enjoy your Disney trips :)

EOD K9

I speak from experience at Disney and other amusement parks. Disney changed their policy, so you must have only been going since the new one came out. Most other parks still give essentially a Fast Lane Pass.

A bladder issue/disease shouldn't warrant line jumping.. in MY opinion.

Anyway, please don't turn this into some disability debate/attack. Go back and read my comment.. it wasn't discrimatory in the least.

I hope you enjoy your Disney trips :)
To me, it's not jumping if they leave and re-join. It's the people that just show up out of nowhere to meet their family.

Last edited:

Paul Milburn

Original Poster
This thread is a joke. You want to cry and whine because a few people skipped ahead of you? Oh boo hoo, life is just so unfair, boo boo. Gimme a break. Be thankful you don't have any real problems.
So because you don't mind it, everyone else is a "baby"?
So how many people would you be OK jumping in front of you....5....10....20...50?

correcaminos

I did - thankfully!! It's just shocking to see such blatant rude behavior!View attachment 215140
That is just adorable

Just a side note, IBS is a little more than "just having to go". But no it's not a disease.
The point was basically this-
I recognize my son's issues, and take as many precautions as necessary.. he doesn't eat or drink anything but water for more than an hour before a sports game, we use the restroom before entering any long queue at an amusement park. Does he still have an "emergency" sometimes, sure. But it's not anyone's problem but our own. Disney World has free Fast Pass selections, if someone has bladder issues/bladder disease then it would be even more important for them to utilize them...or skip a long line, as we did with Frozen.
If you have a party of 3 or more, then just wait in line together, and if someone needs to use the restroom let them leave and come back.. not wait 30 minutes or more to join their party. I don't think that's too much to ask of people.

The people who have legitimate disabilities will have other ways to wait for an attraction besides standing in the queue the entire time.. hence the pass.

Re: ME. Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately we couldn't wait. The CM's out front recommended a taxi. Saving $100 isn't worth the possibility of missing a flight.
I know about IBS (runs in the family), so I realize what it can cause. If people didn't have an issue with those leaving and coming back, then DAS wouldn't be needed at all (with the exception if it is a party of 2 or less) . Since obviously people going to Disney per this very thread have issues with people leaving and returning your idea isn't an option, hence once reason for DAS.

However it is a bit short sighted to think that FP will solve all riding problems for people, because it doesn't. You seem to dislike it, and I am grateful it is there for those who do need it. They don't just hand it out willy nilly and yet again, you still have to wait, just not in line. Not that great but not that bad for those who cannot do long traditional lines either.

correcaminos

Test Track is a perfect example of rudeness! The way people push and shove is crazy.
We just hang back.. I mean it's the difference of what-- 30 seconds? Lol.
I always think that one of those shoving peeps is the same person who cuts me off at a red light..just to get one car in front of me, still stopped..with a line of slow moving traffic waiting for us on the other side. Haha
Haunted Mansion is another. We wind up holding hands when we navigate the rides because it always happens that someone tries to push in just as you are about to get to that single file area. We hang back but holding hands helps us keep together.

What about the large groups that push forward with no explanation and claim to not speak English. I am looking at you Brazil.
Yeah let's not forget Americans though. Seriously the worst at it...

21stamps

So because you don't mind it, everyone else is a "baby"?
So how many people would you be OK jumping in front of you....5....10....20...50?

Tip- these kind of comments are hilarious and not worthy of a response. ;)

It's a Disney site, nothing here is actually a "real problem" in the grand scheme.lol

That is just adorable

I know about IBS (runs in the family), so I realize what it can cause. If people didn't have an issue with those leaving and coming back, then DAS wouldn't be needed at all (with the exception if it is a party of 2 or less) . Since obviously people going to Disney per this very thread have issues with people leaving and returning your idea isn't an option, hence once reason for DAS.

However it is a bit short sighted to think that FP will solve all riding problems for people, because it doesn't. You seem to dislike it, and I am grateful it is there for those who do need it. They don't just hand it out willy nilly and yet again, you still have to wait, just not in line. Not that great but not that bad for those who cannot do long traditional lines either.

My comments have never been about having a problem with people leaving the line and coming back.. I am not able to do so, but I don't begrudge those who can.
I have a problem with groups waiting to meet their party after the 1 or 2 have been in line for a period of time.
I also have absolutely 0 issue with a legitimate need for disability accommodations, which was also clearly stated.

You're more than welcome to read my comments again, that way you can see what I actually said. I'm just too lazy to quote them.lol

21stamps

Haunted Mansion is another. We wind up holding hands when we navigate the rides because it always happens that someone tries to push in just as you are about to get to that single file area. We hang back but holding hands helps us keep together.

Yeah let's not forget Americans though. Seriously the worst at it...

Agree. I'd rather wait an extra 15 seconds at HM instead of getting trampled. Lol

correcaminos

My comments have never been about having a problem with people leaving the line and coming back.. I am not able to do so, but I don't begrudge those who can.
I have a problem with groups waiting to meet their party after the 1 or 2 have been in line for a period of time.
I also have absolutely 0 issue with a legitimate need for disability accommodations, which was also clearly stated.

You're more than welcome to read my comments again, that way you can see what I actually said. I'm just too lazy to quote them.lol
Well your comments came across otherwise to me, so honestly I am sorry. Text and internet writing sucks. It did sound like you didn't care for it though in all I read (another poster thought as well, so maybe what makes sense in your head isn't translating well to some of us for whatever reasons?) So white flag/olive branch and move on with no hard feelings?

I know you don't have issues with people coming back, but others here clearly do. I never really have myself but I don't get too bent out of shape. I do get annoyed when people push their way around though as mentioned at a few rides and that poor girl!

21stamps

Well your comments came across otherwise, so sorry. Text and internet writing sucks. It did sound like you didn't care for it though in all I read (another poster thought as well, so maybe what makes sense in your head isn't translating well to some of us for whatever reasons?) So white flag/olive branch and move on with no hard feelings?

I know you don't have issues with people coming back, but others here clearly do. I never really have myself but I don't get too bent out of shape. I do get annoyed when people push their way around though as mentioned at a few rides and that poor girl!

I apologize if they came across that way. I just hate abuse. The ADA has done a lot of great things for disabilities, unfortunately there has also been bad people who take advantage of it...and try to take advantage of it. I'm a Platinum passholder at WDW and at Cedar Fair.. I read constant reviews blasting our local park because they didn't allow a group of 6, 8, 10 to have a disability pass for their child's adhd or type 2 diabetes. Come on now.
I have a cousin who recently passed away.. she had severe MS. She loved Disney, and she loved amusement parks. People like her, my grandmother, and plenty of other examples legitimately deserve that kind of access. I don't think my brother with ADHD does.
They're the ones who get negatively affected when abuse causes things to change.
Again, I was just stating my opinion.. I don't need to change anyone else's thoughts on the matter.

Here's when Disney and Cedar Fair changed their policies..at the time I remember both of them stating abuse as one of the reasons.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/travel/article/disney-disability-policy-changes/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-fair-kings-island-autistic-children/2420127/

Last edited:

Myth Maker

I do not see the harm in very long lines to have a checkpoint every 30 or 60 minutes with a staff member. If you need to leave the line, walk backwards to the nearest checkpoint a get a ticket valid for so many minutes to return back at that same checkpoint. Use the bathroom, grab a drink of water or sit down and rest for a few minutes and then return to the same checkpoint with ticket in hand and enter at that point.

Would help a lot for family with small children or honestly anyone! Very fair system and also adds a few staff members to long queues to watch for line jumpers / graffiti artists / etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom