Rumor Flight of Passage foundation cracks?

mitros

I just heard an interesting alleged rumor from someone who works in AK in Pandora and they’re saying that one of the theaters at FoP has been closed indefinitely due to cracks that were found in the foundation. Can anyone confirm if it was open today, or if any truth here?
You have to remember that all of Florida is one big sinkhole. This can happen anywhere. They do a lot of deep reinforcing into the ground to avoid stuff like this, if possible. We have been living down here for 20 years now, and you can see this stuff happening regularly.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
All concrete cracks, it's what concrete does eventually. Concrete failure is an entirely different issue, I would very, very, extremely highly doubt those footings and foundations would fail. Ever.
Wasn't there a foundation problem that sunk Horizons?
It is Florida, which is highly prone to sinkholes and unstable ground, so it is a possibility.

Regardless, without any kind of solid proof or insider info, this seems to be a busted rumor.

Edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know that Horizons looks to be slightly larger in an overlay, but I thought the square footage and configuration was smaller once you shave off the 18' cantilever from all 6 sides and factor in the center support.
If I recall the ‘fuges would have gone between the central core and the outer walls. In one of the many iterations of the aborted Space pavilion.

P_Radden

It was actually Compaq. HP really didn’t want to sponsor the attraction but was stuck with the deal. That seems to be how the pavilion ended up with a not yet used showroom.
I liked that bit.

It’s quite eerie in there.
Yep, very cold feeling. But its odd that they built it and connected it with the corridor but never fitted it up.

Was it to be a showroom or a second lounge area? For everyday guests or just Compaq/HP employees?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom