FLCM's WDW update!! 3/31

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Mannequins at PI changes age policy for April

During the month of April, Mannequins at Pleasure Island will be open to all Guests ages 18 or older, Sunday through Wednesday of each week.
Thursday through Saturday, Mannequins will continue to be open to Guests and Cast Members ages 21 or older only.

Drink specials will be available on Mondays for those ages 21 or older.

...............................................................................................
The Timekeeper Hours of operation will be:

10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Now through March 27
10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.: March 28 through April 2
10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.: April 3 through April 17

Mickey's Star Traders Reopens on Friday, April 2

Mickey's Star Traders has expericed a total remodel with new lighting fixtures, floor, ceiling, and so much more. There are even special appearances of Stitch in the murals. Come and experience our new and refreshed shop in Tomorrowland of the Magic Kingdom Park.

DELAYED OPENINGS AT SPLASH IN MAY

May 5-10th 12 noon.

TIMES GUIDE for the week

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM® Theme Park

March 28 - April 3, 2004

Kali River Rapids -- 9:30am-6pm daily

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Sunday & Thursday -- 9am-5:30pm
Monday-Wednesday, Friday, Saturday -- 9am-5:45pm

Conservation Station -- 9:30am-6pm daily

Habitat Habit! -- 9:30am - 6pm daily

Affection Section -- 9:30am - 6pm daily

Wildlife Express Train -- opens daily at 9:30am; last train departs at 5:50pm

Kids' Discovery Clubs
Sunday-Wednesday, Friday, Saturday -- 10am - 4pm
Thursday -- 10am - 2:30pm

Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends will be closed Sunday for refurbishment

DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS

March 28 - April 3, 2004

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday - Friday -- 10am -6pm
Tuesday, Saturday -- 9am - 6pm

The Magic of Disney Animation -- 10am-7pm daily

The Making of the Haunted Mansion Movie -- 10am - 6pm daily

Backlot Tour -- Closed for refurbishment

EPCOT

March 28 - April 3, 2004

Food Rocks -- Closed

Wonders of Life -- Temporarily closed; operates seasonally

Behind the Seeds Tour -- Closed for refurbishment

The following Future World attractions operate 9am-9pm daily:

Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
Test Track

MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

March 28 - April 3, 2004

Mickey's Toontown Fair -- 10am - Park close daily

Country Bear Jamboree
Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday-Saturday) -- 10am - 9pm
Wednesday -- 10am - 8pm

The Enchanted Tiki Room
Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday, Friday -- 10am - 8pm
Wednesday -- 10am - 6pm
Saturday -- 10am - 9pm

The Hall of Presidents
Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday-Saturday) -- 10am - 8pm
Wednesday -- 10am - Park closing

Jungle Cruise -- 10am - Park close daily

Liberty Square Riverboat
Sunday-Friday -- 11am - 6pm
Saturday -- 10am - 8pm

The Timekeeper
Sunday-Friday -- 10am - 7pm
Saturday -- 10am - 9pm

Tom Sawyer Island -- 10am - 6pm daily

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress -- 9am - Park close daily

Walt Disney World Railroad
Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday, Friday -- 9am -8pm
Wednesday -- 9am - 7pm
Saturday -- 9am -11pm

El Pirata Y El Perico -- 11am - 4pm daily

Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn - 11am-Closing varies with park hours

RESORTS

Disney's Saratoga SpringsResort & Spa is scheduled to open on May 17, 2004.

Disney's PolynesianResort

The east pool is closed for refurbishment from 2/9/04 through 4/2/04.

********************************************************************REFURBS****REHABS*******************

HERE IS A LIST OF EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE!!!!!

DAK

DINOSAUR Thursday, April 22 through Friday, June 4 reopening Saturday, June 5, 2004.

here is what i know on this....

they are planing major changes to the entrance of the attraction to aliviate the pinch point that FP has created at this attraction. look for planters to be removed, signage to be added, and a general redirecting of guest flow throught this area. If some one with a camera could take some before and after pictures, we could see the difference. All indications are the the inside will be a typical refurbishment. Anyone know more??

MGM

concrete replacements of damaged and cracked areas throughout the park.

Backlot Tour will be closed for refurbishment Sunday, January 4 through Saturday, April 3.

they are refurbing the Cabs that drive the trams, an ongoing project for over a year now, and Cat. Cay. will get rockwork done on it, indicating that the tour is still very much a part of the short term plan to remain open.

Honey I Shrunk the Kids will be closed for refurbishment Monday, May 3 through Wednesday, June 30

NYS rehab

lasting till at least the end of september, S.F. facads will be added soon.

looks like the light pools in the parking lot are curently getting a much needed repainting.

Spectical of Lights......WILL NOT BE SHOWN THIS YEAR....however they will be back in 2005 on "BIG CITY STREET"

What about Indy after the new stunt show opens???
I here that it will def stay open after the new show debutes.
I have also head that yet another E-tic will be built in the backlot area, and construction will start after the Stunt Show opens.

BTW, how big will the new theater be?? at first i heard 2500.
Now seems they may be looking at making it much larger, but still under the 8000 that F! holds. So maybe 5000-6000. Word has it that it will be very expensive to run, so they want a bigger theater so they can hold more guests and run fewer shows per day.

EPCOT

CHINA

continued rehabing of the exterior throughout the year. this is part of the over all plan for all the WS pavilons. Mexico is underway as well. France is next. Look for the 2 merch pavilons at the entrance to WS to be done as weel.

Just as in MGM and MK, concrete work throught the parks walkways undergoing.

TEST TRACK

Crash sceen is not coming back. IT may get a bounce back a few inchs effect to make it look like it has just crashed. New moniter showing the replay of the crash and audio changes may come as well.

Toll Plaza rehab....ongoing painting and concrete work at the auto plaza for the next month.

Germany train rehab. look for a new redesign of the toy train and landscapping.

JIYI to get a meet and greet at unload this april. No word on what charaters but I thing we all have a pretty good guess.

MAGIC KINGDOM

Millions of dollars to be spent on painting, and refurbishments of attractions, minor food stands and merch locations. Including....Pirates Bizaar, Galazy Palace theater, Dumbo, outdoor food carts, Main St. Trolly tracks, County bonty, Space mnt exit speedramp, Monarail Platform gates, Buzz light year new guns, fairytale gardens, Splash Mnt/HM/PotC show lighting enhancements, Yankee trader, TSI docks, Asto Elevators, Enchanted grove, Sunshine Tree, and countless other minor jobs. All and all a good thing, an unpresident amount of work for one year, not scene for many years.

The Sentenal's story seems to me to be be very one sided, MK IS spending money. Lots of it.

PARKING

Tram cars to get a painted. The new paint jobs from years past have started to chip, badly, and are showing the old color. They will be getting painted again this year.

This week in Disney history.....

March 31

2002 -- Primeval Whirl opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom

April 1

1974 -- Pioneer Hall opens at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

1995 -- Blizzard Beach opens at the Walt Disney World Resort

April 2

1940 -- Walt Disney Production becomes a public company on the over-the-counter stock market

1954 -- Walt Disney announces Disneyland Park and television show plans

April 3

1966 -- Midget Autopia closes at Disneyland Park.

1994 -- Frank G. Wells, President of The Walt Disney Company, dies in a helicopter accident

April 4

1954 -- Joseph Fowler is hired as a construction supervisor for Disneyland Park. He later becomes Manager of Disneyland Park and a key executive in the construction of the Walt Disney World Resort

1994 -- Michael Eisner assumes the presidency of The Walt Disney Company following Frank Wells' death

Thats about it for this week.

SpongeScott

The Sentinel's story was biased before they ever went into the parks. To get a better picture of how the parks are perceived, exit interview guests and ask of their impressions. I couldn't believe how slanted that article was.

Glad to see they are spending the ca$h for upkeep.

Shaman

Great Update!! :D

Especially the rumor about the new e-ticket for the backlot area....sounds interesting...

s25843

Thanks for the Update!

Would you happen to know the hours for TK after the 17th? (Will it be open around the 30th?)

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Originally posted by kbmb
Why the delayed Splash openings in May? Any ideas?

-k

SM went through 3 weeks of delayed openings to 12 for three weeks awile back. My guess is that it will be to finish the work, that could not be done in March or April due to high attendence.

Maybe the briars well get painted?

surfsupdon

I thought MGM made a statement too, Grizz, saying that the Lights would HAVE to be back b/c their attendance was WAY down. They should promise it, for me! And learn from mistakes and get those Lights and snowfalls up!!

And in my own Disney History, today, March 31st, precisely 10 years ago in 1994 at 10:41am was my family's first time ever fall into the Briar Patch on Splash Mtn. I remember this b/c it was the first on ride photo we ever had, and we hung it up at home to show off, and the date was imprinted on the picture. Ahh, the memories!!:sohappy:

TURKEY

Sports, Music, and Movies are getting chain queues put in. No more MK only, all parks are getting them.

MGM, Epcot, DTD, and MK are done at Movies, AK is next.

Katherine

Thanks for the great update! I didn't know Eisner has been the head for 10 YEARS. Wow it's definantly time for a new disney decade.

bartman454

I hear you thumper mom i am a seasonal backlot cm and we were told their was a pretty good chance the lights would come back in 2004 on big city street due to the massive amount of complaints we got last year. My opinion, expect news on this to change.

Piebald

A new character meeting spot at JIYI ? (duh) Could it be.....FIGMENT!?!? ... Hopefully he'll be there next week when we go but I doubt it.

johnvree

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by FLcastmember
DELAYED OPENINGS AT SPLASH IN MAY

May 5-10th 12 noon.

Hopefully, Jungle Cruise will not have a delayed opening on these days.

FP Question: If Splash has a delayed opening until 12:00, what time can you start getting FPs? For example, if I am at BTMR at 11:30, can I get a FP for SM?

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Re: Re: FLCM's WDW update!! 3/31

Originally posted by johnvree
Thanks for the info.

Hopefully, Jungle Cruise will not have a delayed opening on these days.

FP Question: If Splash has a delayed opening until 12:00, what time can you start getting FPs? For example, if I am at BTMR at 11:30, can I get a FP for SM?

generally when attractions with FP have delayed openings, for example JC opens at 10. IF A/L opends at 9, then FP will be distributing for 1025-1125 at park open, if A/L opens at 10, then the traditional 40 min applies,1040-1140. At Splash during the winter, when they last had delayed openings, the same rule applied, at 9am, the return window was 1225-1325. BUT BY 1130, look for the time to be later, as 2.5 hours worth of FP's would have already have been distributed, pusing the return time back.

Bill

Account Suspended
Excellent update. But I'm not buying that the Indy Show will stay longer. I give it 5 years at the most. Your E-Ticket info in the backlot is neat though. Any clue as to what we'll get?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom