Flcastmember WDW UPDATE 3/24

FLcastmember

Original Poster
..................................................................................................
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter reopens
River Cruise operation expands

Disney's Port Orleans Resort reopened its French Quarter region to Guests on March 22 after an almost yearlong refurbishment. Guests will find many new enhancements, from the Guest rooms to the region's landscaping.

The River Cruise operation, transporting Guests to and from Disney's Port Orleans Resort and Downtown Disney Marketplace, expanded by adding two new boats to meet increased demand from the resort's reopening.

The River Cruise service is available from 9 am-11 p.m. daily. The Downtown Disney West Side Shuttle now is available seven nights a week, providing continual service between the Downtown Disney Marketplace and the Downtown Disney West Side from 4:30-11:30 p.m.
........................................................................................................

Disney’s 'Brother Bear' Surpasses $200 Million Worldwide

Walt Disney Pictures' Brother Bear became the 16th animated title distributed by The Walt Disney Company to surpass $200 million in global box office receipts. What does this mean for WDW??? New Show?? Attraction??
.........................................................................................................MGM NEWS

New York St. Rehab will end around 10/2/04.

On April 3rd the Backlot Tour will re-opens to guests.

HISK Rehab will begin on 5/3/04 and run to 6/30/04.
........................................................................................................
MAGIC KINDOM NEWS

El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante will be opened during the following times in April:
April 1-3, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
April 4 - 10, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
April 11 - 24, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The restaurant will be closed for refurbishment from April 25 to May 14.

Adventureland to open at 9am from 3/7 to 5/1.
Exceptions...Tiki and Jungle Cruise (open at 10)

From 4/4 to 4/17, Jungle Cruise will open at 9am.

E-RIDE

Still none sceduled for March, April, or May.

AE/Stitch grand opening

Unadvertised soft opeings in July
CM previews in late July
Soft openings (like M:S) in Aug
Official Dedication/Grand Opening
on EATHER SEPT 1ST OR OCT 1st.

Mickeys Star traders rehab ends between March 26th and April 2nd

Snow White Rehab April 19 to May 21st

Entanted Grove Rehab April 19 to May 31st

World Drive Repaving late April to the end of May. Look for delays and lane closures.

MK GRAD NITES

DATES
April 23rd, 24th, 30th and May 1st. (FRI and SAT nights)
Park Closes at 7pm. SHARP!!! Including all Main Street Shops. please note that there will be no FW or Spectro those nights.

BTW, in the past there has been 5 per year, this year and from now on, only 4. Universal has entered this market and demand has gone down.

NOJ

Sept 9th, 10th and 11th. Added one more night!!

MNSSHP

More this year then ever!!! 3 years ago there were only 5, 2 years ago they run 7. Last year they had 10. THIS YEAR 13!!!!
IMHO, our best hard tic event of the year.

DATES.....OCT 1, 3, 8, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31

MVMCP

Staying with the 12 nights, as they have done in the past, I have not sceen the dates yet.

May of 2005????

what is going on next may?? I have heard something but no details? Anyone know more?? Press event related to DL 50th??

April 22st and May 2nd, MK to close early (6:30pm) for private event. No FW or Spectro.

Sword in the Stone show will not be performed from March 30 through April 24. Week ending May 1 the show will be performed only on April 25, 26, and 28. Seems with Pilhar open in this area now, crowd flow on busy days does not alow this show take place. This could become a Easter/Xmas/Thanksgiving/4th of July tradition.

Home on the Range Pre parade will contunie to run before SADCT until April 16th.

Easter enhansements

April 5th to 11th, Easter bunny M&G and Easter Trolley Shows.

PARK HOURS for mk

HOURS EXTENDED for april!!!!

old new
1 8pm 9pm
2 8pm 9pm
3 10pm 11pm
FROM the 4th to 10th, old 9am-11pm
, new 8am-12pm
FROM the 11th to 17th, old 9am-11pm
, new 8am-11pm

SHARE A DREAM COME TRUE PARADE

April 1-3, 18-30 -- 3pm
April 4, 9-17 -- 2pm
April 5-8 -- 1pm & 4pm

SPECTROMAGIC

April 1, 2 -- 8pm (added)
April 3 -- 8pm & 10pm (added one)
April 4-17 -- 9pm & 11pm (added one spectro per night)
April 19, 21, 27, 29 -- 8:30pm (no change)

On Thursday, April 8, Disney-MGM Studios will host Extra Magic Hour instead of Magic Kingdom.

DAK NEWS

Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends will be closed Tuesday-Saturday for refurbishment

Well thats about all I have for this week.

ENJOY!!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
heh... sounds to me like Disney should increase their grad nite offerings to retain part of their competitive edge from Universal

TheDisneyGirl02

Originally posted by FLcastmember
..................................................................................................
MNSSHP

More this year then ever!!! 3 years ago there were only 5, 2 years ago they run 7. Last year they had 10. THIS YEAR 13!!!!
IMHO, our best hard tic event of the year.

DATES.....OCT 1, 3, 8, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31

ENJOY!!!

Do you know when tickets will go on sale for MNSSHP? I'm very interested in going this year and I've never been to one before! I want to get my tickets before they are sold out! Thanks!

TheDisneyGirl02

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I posted about May 2005 a while back....

everyone pretty much thought it was something related to DL's 50th. Starts 05/05/05

Thanks for the update. I am loving those mk hours for april. Only thing was the early entry on 4/8 being changed. Well I guess I will have to line up with the masses. I already made a ps for lunch at crystal and dont want to change it now. Are they doing this because it meant we could have gone to the mk at 7 am if we are a resort guest?

dxwwf3

Well I guess Stitch's Great Escape won't be open during my June visit after all. WHAT A BUMMER! :lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Take your time guys. I'm DEFINATELY in no rush.

Back to more serious issues, I'm worried about no E-tickets so far. I really hope they do not do away with this too. I hope they announce some dates for June.

kbmb

Anyone know what the special event is on May 2nd? Not that it matters....if it's closed, it's closed.

I'm hoping that they don't schedule anymore that week, as we will be visiting the Mouse then.

-k

agdbeanie

DAK NEWS

Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends will be closed Tuesday-Saturday for refurbishment

I thought they just refurbed this. Weird.

I'm really glad to hear about the enhancements at POFQ. This and GF are our favorite resorts.

YoHo

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Hey. If brother bear actually did decent, then why did the Florida animation studio close?

I want answers!!!
Because $200million World wide box office sucks, that's not good, that's terrible.

And Eisner.

barnum42

El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante will be opened during the following times in April:
April 1-3, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
April 4 - 10, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
April 11 - 24, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The restaurant will be closed for refurbishment from April 25 to May 14.
Damn. I was looking forward to there being more than one non-burger counter resaurant opent in Magic Kingdom this time. Last year it was shut, this year they refurb it on me. :(

OK - the food is nothing spectacular, but I hate bland burgers and carboard pizza. Looks like it's just Columbia Harbour House again.

Oh yes - thanks for the info :animwink:

Disneyfalcon

May of 2005????

I heard May of 2005 will be indeed be something for Disneyland's 50th. (As MKT said)

Specifically, there are lots of rumors that in May of 2005 the Disney Wonder or Magic will relocate to California for the anniversary. They would run a cruise through the Panama Canal to CA and have a limited number of cruises run out of LA. Perhaps testing the waters (no pun intended) for a Disney cruise ship based on the West Coast.

Just rumors so far...

1disneydood

Sword in the Stone show will not be performed from March 30 through April 24. Week ending May 1 the show will be performed only on April 25, 26, and 28. Seems with Pilhar open in this area now, crowd flow on busy days does not alow this show take place. This could become a Easter/Xmas/Thanksgiving/4th of July tradition.

Mini-me is NOT going to be pleased with this. :lookaroun

Bill

Account Suspended
Just wondering, where did you get the info on the Stitch dates? Everything I have points to a much earlier soft & CM opening date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom