First trip!! Tips and feedback please

fosse76

Thanks guys so much for the feedback. One other question or two actually. Where is a good place to get cheap tickets? Is there a website I could maybe purchase the tickets here in America for cheap? And also if I were to take the rer train. Is it impossible to get there as soon as the park opens? Thanks again in advance.

Try the official Paris Visitor's Bureau. They are cheaper from them than at the park. It looks like they are offering a huge online deal for September (but you need to know the dates you'll be visiting the parks).
http://booking.parisinfo.com/il4-of...utm_campaign=Produit Disney PROMO ETE 2016 uk

You can also buy them in person from them at one of their Welcome Centers (though keep in mind they might not always have the tickets in stock). You can of course buy non-discounted tickets at the park. I did both (my second day was a spur of the moment visit, so I bought it at the park). When I bought my ticket at the park, there was no line.

Minnie1986

By far the easiest way from central Paris is via the RER A line (which is part of Paris' mass transit network). Journey time is about 40 mins depending on your starting point. A bit longer if you're on the Eiffel Tower side of town. A fare of about €8 will take you from any local Metro (underground) or train station to Disneyland (which is a few yards from Marne-La-Valee station). Where exactly are you staying?

Crowds in mid September will be quiet-ish. With the massive amount of construction going on the parks are a lot quieter this year anyway. The 'big' closures during your visit will be Big Thunder and Star Tours.

Fastpass is the 'old' system. We haven't had the electronic upgrade yet - although rumour is it's coming soon. So you physically visit the booths near each attraction and collect a paper ticket with a return time. You can hold one Fastpass at a time.

In terms of shows, in Disneyland Park the parade is nice, but you certainly won't be blown away if you're used to Festival of Fantasy. Worth a watch if you have time, though. The Frozen stage show is great if you have kids. The must-see is Disney Dreams, which plays at park closing on and around the castle. Think of it as a mash-up of Celebrate The Magic and Wishes - but better than both.

In Studios, the new Mickey And The Magician show is well worth seeing.
Thanks so much for this. I will be going around the same time as the OP, so I'll absolutely be needing this info!

Minnie1986

Thank you guys so much!! I really appreciate it. I'm sad I won't be able to see Thunder Mountain, but I'm glad Space, Pirates, and Phantom will be open as they are all so different then what we have here. As far as where exactly we're staying, not entirely sure lol. I just know that it's not terribly far from the Eiffel Tower, maybe a 10 minute stroll. Still have a lot of research and planning to do, I just want as much of a stress free trip as possible. Thanks again.
Exactly how I feel. I'll be going the same time as you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom